• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love and Belief

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
the ideal is love. Doesn't matter if it's Jesus or another. What ever you do unto the least of these you do unto me.

Unconditional love is not a respecter of persons.
It mattered a great deal to Jesus who people believed in.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

You don't get eternal life by just believing in any version of God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It mattered a great deal to Jesus who people believed in.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

You don't get eternal life by just believing in any version of God.
You don't get eternal life through belief. Faith without love is dead. To become godly you must love. I have told you a truth and yet you still don't believe. Eternal life comes through love. Daniel said some would find unconditional love contemptible.

Love doesn't require Faith. Faith depends on love.

Flattery, fauning towards Jesus won't get you in to heaven. Idolatry is forbidden in the ot and nt. Unconditional love, or the first two commandments don't require faith/belief. Unconditional love doesn't make a difference between self and other.

Nor does Unconditional love make a difference between Jesus and another human being. Jesus even told you this. What ever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me.

Believing in someone isn't a requirement to idolize.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I just quoted Jesus saying that is exactly what you get for believing in him.
No one can love as God does without believing in the correct version of God.
Love isn't something you get. Love is something you already have. It is what is called the holy Spirit. Love is holy

Your will or God's will. Most aren't interested in the will of unconditional love. They want their will not the will of unconditional love. That is why they find it contemptible.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Love isn't something you get. Love is something you already have. It is what is called the holy Spirit. Love is holy

Your will or God's will. Most aren't interested in the will of unconditional love. They want their will not the will of unconditional love. That is why they find it contemptible.
You aren't even replying to what I say. I didn't say you get love. I said you got eternal life for believing in Jesus. I don't find love contemptible. Yes love comes from the Spirit but only to the extent we believe.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You aren't even replying to what I say. I didn't say you get love. I said you got eternal life for believing in Jesus. I don't find love contemptible. Yes love comes from the Spirit but only to the extent we believe.
No you don't. You get eternal life for the act of love. You keep missing the mark.

Matthew 11:28-30

The Way is love. Not belief.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Another criticism concerns Maslow's assumption that the lower needs must be satisfied before a person can achieve their potential and self-actualize. This is not always the case, and therefore Maslow's hierarchy of needs in some aspects has been falsified.
https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html
That's not that hard to comprehend. There are no absolutes in science. But no one gets anywhere without someone else helping them. So pulling yourself up by your shoestrings is not realistic

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Which is greater, which is a need, love or belief. You can't have both.

Belief is needed by infants and the ignorant.
Love is needed by the insecure.

Which need is greater I suspect depends on what stage in life you find yourself.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Belief is needed by infants and the ignorant.
Love is needed by the insecure.

Which need is greater I suspect depends on what stage in life you find yourself.
Love is needed at all stages of life. Even narcissistic people love themselves. Love is not necessarily someone else. It's self too.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That's not that hard to comprehend. There are no absolutes in science. But no one gets anywhere without someone else helping them. So pulling yourself up by your shoestrings is not realistic

Someone has to be the first. Perhaps not realistic nor practical but necessary.
The help can't come from anyone but from someone who has already traveled the path.
Lots of people offering to help but no guarantes you'll get to where you need to be.

So, who are you going to believe in to get you to the right place?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
And there are ways one can override their psychological states.
Love isn't chemical; otherwise we wouldn't love people of varying ages, genders, sexes, race, and ethnicity. I'm talking about friendship. Not sexual love

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Love isn't chemical; otherwise we wouldn't love people of varying ages, genders, sexes, race, and ethnicity. I'm talking about friendship. Not sexual love

Yes, that is what a lot of people believe.