• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love and Belief

Viker

Häxan
Which is greater, which is a need, love or belief. You can't have both.
If I can't have both, can I reject both?

Love and belief are expressions of our humanity. I see them not as only just raw emotions or thought process but actions according to what's going on inside ourselves, as well. I embrace both.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I didn't say he was. But human love can be caused by belief in God.
Ah now you're back tracking. Love is a fundamental need. Belief isn't. No where on Maslow hierarchy of needs will you find belief.

Jesus talked about belief. But love was the ideal.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If I can't have both, can I reject both?

Love and belief are expressions of our humanity. I see them not as only just raw emotions or thought process but actions according to what's going on inside ourselves, as well. I embrace both.
belief isn't really a need. Some people choose belief over love and so relationships are damaged

Last edited:

wellwisher

Then neither love or belief is possible, I see they are inseparable.

"In the hearts of men no real love is found, and the condition is such that, unless their susceptibilities are quickened by some power so that unity, love and accord may develop within them, there can be no healing." (Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 171)

Without a source we face this dilemma;

"Love is a veil betwixt the lover and the beloved." (Bahá’u’lláh, The Four Valleys, p. 60)

Thus to find a path to Love, one has to also find belief.

"The essence of love is for man to turn his heart to the Beloved One, and sever himself from all else but Him, and desire naught save that which is the desire of his Lord." (Bahá’u’lláh, Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 155)

Regards Tony

Love assumes the good things, even if not true in practical reality. The mother loves her child without judgment. Love sort of leads by example, with the potential of altering the future. it is similar to faith, but with forward leading legs that others help provide.

When two people fall on love, the illusions of love take over; infatuation from a firmware induction, This often extrapolates the beloved to beyond who they are.

The male may see his beloved as the most beautiful woman he has even seen. This is a love projection, that overlays the reality that their eyes see. Others may not see this since they lack the projection factor of love. The beloved may be a witch to others, but lover sees something much different from the projection.

This overlay projection gives positive feedback to the beloved; look of love, so she feels prettier in his eyes and may, from this, find her own inner pretty. It can have the impact of changing reality, until the firmware of love runs it course. Then it is time for a different round of cross programming.

Faith works the same way, except it is not always about people, but can also be about abstractions, that one views with love, fear or other emotions. These extrapolate to the future, and which may also impact others who sense your faith via your loving conviction.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Ah now you're back tracking. Love is a fundamental need. Belief isn't. No where on Maslow hierarchy of needs will you find belief.

Jesus talked about belief. But love was the ideal.
You are determined to create some kind of either/ or situation, as if belief and love can't co exist. I don't understand why.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are determined to create some kind of either/ or situation, as if belief and love can't co exist. I don't understand why.
I never claimed they couldn't coexist. I asked which was a need.

The pharisees believed. They didn't have love. Many believed but few were chosen.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I never claimed they couldn't coexist. I asked which was a need.

The pharisees believed. They didn't have love. Many believed but few were chosen.
Both are necessary. And that's not what scripture says. It says many called but few chosen.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Both are necessary. And that's not what scripture says. It says many called but few chosen.
No. Only one is needed. Jesus told you this. The first two commandments are the greatest. On these two hang the whole law. Notice the law is singular. Jesus gave a new commandment. Love one another as I loved you. This includes your enemies

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No. Only one is needed. Jesus told you this. The first two commandments are the greatest. On these two hang the whole law. Notice the law is singular. Jesus gave a new commandment. Love one another as I loved you. This includes your enemies
So you think Jesus said belief isn't necessary?

Let's see what he really said:

And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly].”

“Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! And does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.”

“For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].”

Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

And Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.”

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love assumes the good things, even if not true in practical reality. The mother loves her child without judgment. Love sort of leads by example, with the potential of altering the future. it is similar to faith, but with forward leading legs that others help provide.

When two people fall on love, the illusions of love take over; infatuation from a firmware induction, This often extrapolates the beloved to beyond who they are.

The male may see his beloved as the most beautiful woman he has even seen. This is a love projection, that overlays the reality that their eyes see. Others may not see this since they lack the projection factor of love. The beloved may be a witch to others, but lover sees something much different from the projection.

This overlay projection gives positive feedback to the beloved; look of love, so she feels prettier in his eyes and may, from this, find her own inner pretty. It can have the impact of changing reality, until the firmware of love runs it course. Then it is time for a different round of cross programming.

Faith works the same way, except it is not always about people, but can also be about abstractions, that one views with love, fear or other emotions. These extrapolate to the future, and which may also impact others who sense your faith via your loving conviction.

Thank you for the response.

I see you may be confirming the quote, is that correct?

Regards Tony

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So you think Jesus said belief isn't necessary?

Let's see what he really said:

And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly].”
Jesus said, "if God was your Father, you would have loved me."

See how your belief keeps you at odds

“Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! And does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.”
The only thing Jesus moved was mountains of flesh by love This is why I speak to them in parables

Matthew 13:13

For this reason I am telling you,
“whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].”
Love doesn't fail but belief can.

Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

1 Corinthians 13:13

Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.”
With love all things are possible because god is love. You have no excuse for your sin.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That too is about belief. They didn't believe in the correct version of God. If they had of they would have loved jesus.

the ideal is love. Doesn't matter if it's Jesus or another. What ever you do unto the least of these you do unto me.

Unconditional love is not a respecter of persons.