• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love Ain't

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
To paraphrase this song. "I may not know what love is, but I sure know what it ain't."

Do you know what love is? Or do you only know what love ain't? I believe this is a central lesson we all need to learn today; of self and others, individually and as a society. For without Love, we can only succomb to Fear.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
@The Hammer, I think you're hunch is right that most of us humans have a better idea of what love ain't, than we do of what love is. I myself believe I have a reasonable grasp of both but (1) I'm 63 years old -- if I don't have a 'reasonable grasp' of love (and not-love) by now, I haven't been paying attention for at least 50 years, and (2) I still, even at my age, wouldn't bet my cottage on being wholly right. Maybe I'd bet the contents of @SalixIncendium's wardrobe closet, but certainly not the contents of my own.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When it comes to love, I think the mistake most of us make at one time or another in our lives is to confuse emotional dependency with love.