• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana - First State to Require the Display of Ten Commandments?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
That's not what I'm getting at. If a child doesn't honor their parents then there's probably and most likely something the parents are doing wrong. Blame the parents and pressure them to change instead of expecting children to honor abusive ****s.
I agree and that's the gist of what was stated in my post.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Your guardians are by law your providers, it may be a good idea to try and get along with them. If you cannot, there's a problem. Speak to your counselor.
Don't murder
Don't steal
Don't falsely accuse your neighbors of a crime
Honor truth and verifiable facts. The Universe holds many mysteries one of which is our origins. Philosophy can be useful, but truth first.

Remember, divorce is costly so I wouldn't cheat on your spouse once you get married (No adultery). You may lose your insurance and/or meal ticket.
Don't make up fake, superstitious, erroneous concepts/images. This is an educational facility. Truth matters.
Don't use vain, superstitious and/or erroneous concepts and try to apply them to the universe as if they are true. Sincerity and truth are important.
You will have a rest day at the end of the week. It's for your benefit, so make good use of it.
Be happy with what you have and make the most of it. You won't get anywhere if you just **** and moan about what your neighbors has and what you don't.

I'm glad that works for you.

The rest of us follow our own beliefs and commands..

Pogo

Your guardians are by law your providers, it may be a good idea to try and get along with them. If you cannot, there's a problem. Speak to your counselor.
Don't murder
Don't steal
Don't falsely accuse your neighbors of a crime
Honor truth and verifiable facts. The Universe holds many mysteries one of which is our origins. Philosophy can be useful, but truth first.

Remember, divorce is costly so I wouldn't cheat on your spouse once you get married (No adultery). You may lose your insurance and/or meal ticket.
Don't make up fake, superstitious, erroneous concepts/images. This is an educational facility. Truth matters.
Don't use vain, superstitious and/or erroneous concepts and try to apply them to the universe as if they are true. Sincerity and truth are important.
You will have a rest day at the end of the week. It's for your benefit, so make good use of it.
Be happy with what you have and make the most of it. You won't get anywhere if you just **** and moan about what your neighbors has and what you don't.
I like the fortune cookie version better and it is older.
"Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself." Confucius

ETA and no God bothering.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
The shalt be no God before me

Attachments

• God.jpg
    God.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 18

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
You should not covet your neighbors things

Attachments

• don't covet other peoples stuff.jpg
    don't covet other peoples stuff.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 18

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I like the fortune cookie version better and it is older.
"Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself." Confucius

ETA and no God bothering.

Physics seems a decent framework from which we are able to understand how the universe operates and functions. You actually are required to pay for the opportunity to learn how to become a physicist, so no God bothering required. It would be an imposition to require everyone to become a physicist. Thankfully, this is not being imposed on anyone, but the opportunity is still available.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Apparently, the bill is waiting to be signed into Louisiana law.

Aside from the obvious disagreements with public display of the ten commandments, I'm sure the requirement law is sure to raise a few brows. At first, I was a little irked, but upon reflection I'm thinking ... why not? Seriously, why not? Why not initiate a state law that requires the ten commandments to be displayed in every classroom in every state funded educational institution?

Historical documents of times past, that some still adhere to seems fair enough to me, but to be required by law? Hehe, that's the wow factor in play and it is an in the face kind of WOW!

I'm not in disagreement, anymore. We did ok for over 200 years with them being displayed, so why not?

I really don't care, personally. I don't see why any parent would willingly place their kid in a public school, anyway. They're hellholes. If I were a parent and had the money, I'd put my kid in Catholic school since they provide a better education and aren't out of control.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Then your response made no sense irt what I said.
Ok, so you are insisting that "my" religious views be kept out of your children's viewing capabilities?

Would you like to inform me of what my religious views are? That way, I can take special care to help ensure that "my" religious views are not taken up by your children. Ahem, I mean the ones you don't want your children to view or pay much attention to, or are you speaking about the 10 commandments specifically applying them as "my religion"?

Don't lie about people
Don't murder people
Don't screw other peoples spouses. It could get you shot. ... wait wait ... I should be more tactful, shouldn't I? Don't do adultery, adultery is bad ummkay?

What else ... Honor God. Wait we should define God first. How about "Honor reality, honor truth."
Hehe
Honor mother and father. Wait wait, we should define what those are first too, shouldn't we?
Don't covet it could lead you to theft and the popo might imprison you.

We could continue to keep them veiled but most of these are generally accepted as being valid and decent enough guides for a more peaceful and civil social structure.

The mom and pops one, well ... what's your definition of a mother and father? Should these types be honored or not?

Oh ohh oh, the God honor one... What if we simply suggested that if it's real then it most likely part of what God is, and even if it isn't real it's part of the creative nature of what God is whatever God is. I'm fine with God being the substance of the universe, but I'm sure some prefer the door knobs and statute types. I reckon it's personal, even for an atheist.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Ok, so you are insisting that "my" religious views be kept out of your children's viewing capabilities?
No, they can learn about them all they want. Just not in a public govt funded school. There are churches for that sort of thing if they are interested.