• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lot - Why he wasn't such a bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
Actually no, that was me rationalizing that all Holy Books are of God. The Devil is going to get his fair share of souls whether he creates his own or not. I personally find it absurd that he would do that.

This is exactly what he would wish you to believe.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
This is exactly what he would wish you to believe.

Perhaps he does wish for me to believe it. But his wish and my believing it, are coincidence, since I don't believe that he exists in the first place.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
Perhaps he does wish for me to believe it. But his wish and my believing it, are coincidence, since I don't believe that he exists in the first place.

I am sorry you feel that way. Gentoo, Hell is real, and Satan wants to send you there. I wish that I could open up your eyes and make you see the truth, but I can't, you have to do it on your own.

God Bless

Adil

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:
I am sorry you feel that way. Gentoo, Hell is real, and Satan wants to send you there. I wish that I could open up your eyes and make you see the truth, but I can't, you have to do it on your own.

God Bless

Adil
Believe it or not, people who are not Christian find inspiration, truth, and all the things you find in your faith in thier own. I'm sorry that you can't see that Paganism is a beautiful religion.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

I have opened my eyes to the truth. My truth is not yours. I don't believe in Hell, and therefore Satan has no hold over me. To try and drive this back on topic, the Jews (as far as I know) feel the same way I do, if you don't believe a place exists, you can't be sent there.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
I have opened my eyes to the truth. My truth is not yours. I don't believe in Hell, and therefore Satan has no hold over me. To try and drive this back on topic, the Jews (as far as I know) feel the same way I do, if you don't believe a place exists, you can't be sent there.

Jews do believe in Hell.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
adilrockstar said:
The Bible warns against any adding to the Bible, even by a prophet of God. No prophet of God would claim that the Bible is incomplete. The Bible is the COMPLETE word of God. Once you open it up for adding to and taking away, you weaken it. God did not create it for us to tear apart. This is blasphemy.

God Bless

Adil

What about Paul?

He done nothing to the scriptures?

He didn't add anything?

SoyLeche

meh...
The Truth said:
What about Paul?

He didn't add anything?
Good point. If even a Prophet can't add to the Bible, how did the Bible get written in the first place?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The Bible warns against any adding to the Bible, even by a prophet of God. No prophet of God would claim that the Bible is incomplete. The Bible is the COMPLETE word of God. Once you open it up for adding to and taking away, you weaken it. God did not create it for us to tear apart. This is blasphemy.

Then I think we have a large problem.....the Bible as we have it today, as I'm sure you know, is not what it was when it was first written. A lot of things were left out of the canon when the book was compiled, so the people who gave us "the Bible" took things away from it. In order to make up the book, they had to add things to it as well. God himself didn't pick up a pen and write, he had people do it for him. So, I suppose none of the gospel writers got that memo.

And, if people could create, take away and add things to the book at that time, when and why did that change? Are you saying that God doesn't speak to people today? I don't think as a book, it can never be complete unless we assume god has nothing more to say. Of course he has more to say, some people just stopped listening.

rocka21

Brother Rock
SoyLeche said:
Nope. I don't need to back everything up with the KJV though. That's why God has given us more.

Dangerous Road, my friend.

So the prophet that visited Smith says he was an ANGEL because that was the MISSING teaching in the plates.

But all Joseph Smith knew at the time for reference was the KJV.

thats like a CAT appears to me one night saying, i know i am a cat, and YOUR BIBLE says nothing about me, BUT I have a hidden ADDITION you need to add and when you do it will explain all about the MAGICAL CATS that were hidden from the rest of the people.

and then the cat can JUSTIFY his DOCTRINE to WHATEVER HE LIKES BY THE "HIDDEN"- TEXT that HE (the cat) produced.

am i the only one seeing this?

SoyLeche

meh...
rocka21 said:
Dangerous Road, my friend.

So the prophet that visited Smith says he was an ANGEL because that was the MISSING teaching in the plates.

But all Joseph Smith knew at the time for reference was the KJV.

thats like a CAT appears to me one night saying, i know i am a cat, and YOUR BIBLE says nothing about me, BUT I have a hidden ADDITION you need to add and when you do it will explain all about the MAGICAL CATS that were hidden from the rest of the people.

and then the cat can JUSTIFY his DOCTRINE to WHATEVER HE LIKES BY THE "HIDDEN"- TEXT that HE (the cat) produced.

am i the only one seeing this?
It would be a good idea for you to actually do a little research before trying to discuss another's religion. A little hint - whatever source you are using is worthless.

SoyLeche

meh...
SoyLeche said:
It would be a good idea for you to actually do a little research before trying to discuss another's religion. A little hint - whatever source you are using is worthless.
There's a pretty good biography out there called Rough Stone Rolling.

Buy it, read it, and then we'll talk.

rocka21

Brother Rock
SoyLeche said:

my research is from the MORMON website ( the book of Mormon).

JOSEPH SMITHS OWN WORDS from the begging of the book.

if you would like , i could paste..................

nutshell

rocka21 said:

Please do. Then we could discuss the quote in context.

Bishka

Veteran Member
rocka21 said:

Wouldn't this be interesting if you could actually show us what you were quoting. An actual source in it's entirety. What website are you using? Is it www.lds.org? If not, then you aren't using an 'official' source.

adilrockstar

The Truth said:
What about Paul?

He didn't add anything?

Paul was one of the Apostles. He was one of the founders of the Christian Church. He wrote the much of the New Testament. He did not add or take away, he helped create the ORIGINAL.

SoyLeche

meh...
adilrockstar said:
Paul was one of the Apostles. He was one of the founders of the Christian Church. He wrote the much of the New Testament. He did not add or take away, he helped create the ORIGINAL.
Moses created the original. Everyone else ADDED TO IT.

adilrockstar

MaddLlama said:
Then I think we have a large problem.....the Bible as we have it today, as I'm sure you know, is not what it was when it was first written. A lot of things were left out of the canon when the book was compiled, so the people who gave us "the Bible" took things away from it. In order to make up the book, they had to add things to it as well. God himself didn't pick up a pen and write, he had people do it for him. So, I suppose none of the gospel writers got that memo.

And, if people could create, take away and add things to the book at that time, when and why did that change? Are you saying that God doesn't speak to people today? I don't think as a book, it can never be complete unless we assume god has nothing more to say. Of course he has more to say, some people just stopped listening.

You have the problem, not "we". I believe in Christ. I believe that God is sovereign. I believe that He is all powerful and the Word of God contained in the Bible is complete and 100% Divine and Truth. You will never believe it and will always have a problem with it. You don't believe in the God that created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.