• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loss

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I had to euthanize my 6year old cat due to complete kidney failure yesterday. She went from being herself to shivering and unresponsive to barely able to move in just a few days. It hurts so much.

Deidre

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is one of the mysteries of life I could do without. My thoughts are with you. ((hug))

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Funny enough my boyfriend felt the same way until Tribble wormed her way into his heart.
I do not doubt I could learn to love them, or at least learn to love one of them. Just always been a dog person. I lost my dog, Max, August 22nd last year. He was 13 or so, but I was in the hospital. I still feel guilty for not being there when he passed.

But it'll get better. I knew I had to get a new dog. I don't know what to even do without one. So I adopted Tabitha. She's a Blue Heeler/Australian Cattledog and is the sweetest thing to have ever lived. She's my puppy and she's amazing. Get another cat. Try and get one that's going to be put down. I did, and have never regretted it. If nothing else, you'll have someone to be happy for. For its sake.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I do not doubt I could learn to love them, or at least learn to love one of them. Just always been a dog person. I lost my dog, Max, August 22nd last year. He was 13 or so, but I was in the hospital. I still feel guilty for not being there when he passed.

But it'll get better. I knew I had to get a new dog. I don't know what to even do without one. So I adopted Tabitha. She's a Blue Heeler/Australian Cattledog and is the sweetest thing to have ever lived. She's my puppy and she's amazing. Get another cat. Try and get one that's going to be put down. I did, and have never regretted it. If nothing else, you'll have someone to be happy for. For its sake.
We found Tribble in the local part. So tiny and with one bad eye. Probably whatever happened with her eye caused her kidney problems too. The vet told us there was nothing we could have done. I will want another cat but I can't do it quite yet.

I do love dogs too, the bigger the better but currently we live in an upstairs apartment and leave for weekends too often for a dog. It wouldn't be fair to it.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
We found Tribble in the local part. So tiny and with one bad eye. Probably whatever happened with her eye caused her kidney problems too. The vet told us there was nothing we could have done. I will want another cat but I can't do it quite yet.
Max had a bad leg, just like I do. And I understand waiting. But don't wait too long. Sometimes the only way to heal is to relive the good parts, bringing happiness to another kitty or puppy who desperately needs it.

I do love dogs too, the bigger the better but currently we live in an upstairs apartment and leave for weekends too often for a dog. It wouldn't be fair to it.
Mmmm, that is a bit of a hold back.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'm sad to read about your loss.
Liver failure in cats can be a real shocker because it can happen so quickly. Cats with liver problems often have massive appetites up until the trauma...... that's the only condition that I know as a forewarning.

Again, I'm sorry for your sadness and loss....

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Kidney failure actually. The vet said repeatedly there was nothing we had done wrong or could have done differently that she was predisposed to problems even on good food and with good care. :(

Treks

I'm so sorry to hear this, Drole. Losing a companion is really hard. Remember the good times. We're here for you. *biggest comforting hug possible*

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Kidney failure actually. The vet said repeatedly there was nothing we had done wrong or could have done differently that she was predisposed to problems even on good food and with good care. :(

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my cat to CRF also. Your vet is right, there is nothing that can be done. Cats can live with <30% kidney function, seemingly perfectly fine. By the time it's discovered there is nothing that can be done. Unfortunately I know that's cold comfort. :(

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my cat to CRF also. Your vet is right, there is nothing that can be done. Cats can live with <30% kidney function, seemingly perfectly fine. By the time it's discovered there is nothing that can be done. Unfortunately I know that's cold comfort. :(
*nod* She had a bad eye, and a shrunken kidney, we think it was either genetic, birth defect, or something like that. Her other kidney was bad probably from being overworked. I'm glad I didn't do anything wrong, but yeah it's not much comfort because I just miss her.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Sorry to hear about your kitty.

We really missed our 14 + year old, long-haired white, blue eyed, fur-ball - when she passed.

She loved playing flying-kitty. BlueWolf would hold her above his head in one hand, - and run through the house, flying the kitty. She absolutely loved it. That is until one day he flew her into a heavy wood celling beam! She looked at him like - YOU F*!#!*# IDIOT!!! Then she hissed and snarled, and wouldn't let him fly her around for at least two weeks. LOL!

Tell us a funny memory of your cat.

She looked like this -

77643363_1_1000x700_blue-eye-baby-doll-persian-for-sale-03152260726-price-on-call-karachi.jpg

EDIT - I was informed that I had to change our cat's age, as we don't know how old she was when she was given to us. She was already her full size. So apparently older then 14.

Last edited: