• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Los Angeles County Ambulance Crews Are Told Not To Transport Patients With Little Chance Of Survival

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Imagine having cardiac arrest and getting picked up by an ambulance that won't take you to a hospital.

Or having a medical emergency and languishing outside an emergency room for hours.

This is what Los Angeles County faces as the onslaught of Covid-19 devastates the community -- including those without coronavirus.​

Source

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2021-1-8_9-33-43.gif

Yerda

Veteran Member
Imagine having cardiac arrest and getting picked up by an ambulance that won't take you to a hospital.

Or having a medical emergency and languishing outside an emergency room for hours.

This is what Los Angeles County faces as the onslaught of Covid-19 devastates the community -- including those without coronavirus.​
Source
Man, that's bleak.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Source
This is an example of how Covid19 can raise death rates for all serious diseases and events. So much for those claiming that Covid19 deaths are exaggerated.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Source
Third world country with first world money.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Source
Tirage is a nightmare. Truly a rock and a hard place.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which theory? Capitalism, as an economic theory, predicts this as "supply and demand".
I was going to make a comment that it does not happen in a first world country with proper health care. But then I had to be honest and admit that it can happen. Even in countries with decent health care the systems can be overwhelmed in the case of a pandemic. Which is why they all had restrictions of one kind or another. The fear has always been of an event like this where so many are sick that all health care is affected.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I was going to make a comment that it does not happen in a first world country with proper health care. But then I had to be honest and admit that it can happen. Even in countries with decent health care the systems can be overwhelmed in the case of a pandemic. Which is why they all had restrictions of one kind or another. The fear has always been of an event like this where so many are sick that all health care is affected.
Hospital staff, doctors and first responders get instructed on triage in regions of Germany where ICU beds get scarce. There is an emergency plan for distribution and a list of free beds but sometimes transport is not an option. (Often it is not the beds that are missing but the qualified personal. And that can't be bought quickly with money.)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Looks like Arizona is contesting California for the worst COVID title...

Arizona 'hottest hot spot' for COVID-19 as health officials warn of hospital strain
I live in Washington state. I am no huge fan of the fact that we had another partial shutdown. But we have not suffered nearly as badly as other states. Now we need to buckled down a bit and wait until we have widespread vaccinations available. I am going to get on the list as soon as possible. From my understanding I am safe until at least March 1st.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That should never happen. At least in theory.
And a part of this reason is the resitance against masks (and wearing them properly) and staying away from each other.
Also it doesn't help we have a for-profit healthcare system that is not designed to optimize healthcare results.
It really doesn't help we don't have paid sick leave.
And it was another puncture sinking America that we have assbackwards priorities and put money over people, amd made it crystal clear we don't know the differences between wants and needs, recreation and essential.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
And a part of this reason is the resitance against masks (and wearing them properly) and staying away from each other.
Also it doesn't help we have a for-profit healthcare system that is not designed to optimize healthcare results.
It really doesn't help we don't have paid sick leave.
And it was another puncture sinking America that we have assbackwards priorities and put money over people, amd made it crystal clear we don't know the differences between wants and needs, recreation and essential.
It mostly reveals just how severely bad the US medical system is

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Which theory? Capitalism, as an economic theory, predicts this as "supply and demand".
The problem is all in the astronomical markups that happen now. It used to be four times higher than what it actually cost to make the product or provide the service, now its hundreds if not even thousands of times markup which is why people are placed in impossible economic hellholes that they are in now.

I do think there is a natural checks and balance with a market based system, but what happens when competitors dwindle down to where a monopoly emerges that is now shared by only a few that are regarded as "too big to fail". The rest go out of business and the remainder continues to raise prices higher and higher than ever before.

Imagine what a loaf of bread will cost 100 years from now?