• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord's Evening Meal

Marco19

Researcher
Hello dear friends,

Could you please shed a light on this specific eve, what are the rituals/traditions?
Who attends?
Who drinks wine?
Why others are prohibited from drinking?
who anoint those?

Thanks in advance :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hello dear friends,

Could you please shed a light on this specific eve, what are the rituals/traditions?
Who attends?
Who drinks wine?
who anoint those?

Hi Marco, thanks for your question.

The Lords Evening Meal is described for us in the gospels. It was the last meal Jesus enjoyed with his 11 apostles (Judas had left the table, leaving only the 11 apostles with Jesus) After they had eaten the passover meal, Jesus made a special covenant with his chosen apostles...the covenant was for a kingdom, and they were to join him as co-rulers in the heavenly kingdom.

Luke 22:14 At length when the hour came, he reclined at the table, and the apostles with him. 15 And he said to them: “I have greatly desired to eat this passover with YOU before I suffer; 16 for I tell YOU, I will not eat it again until it becomes fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” 17 And, accepting a cup, he gave thanks and said: “Take this and pass it from one to the other among yourselves; 18 for I tell YOU, From now on I will not drink again from the product of the vine until the kingdom of God arrives.”
19 Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 20 Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in YOUR behalf.

The Memorial is the commemoration of his death and it is the only event Jesus directed his followers to memorialize.
He told them to "keep doing this in remembrance of me"
The ritual was simple. He took a cup of wine, it was passed among each apostle and they drank from the cup. Then he took a loaf and broke them each a piece and they ate it.
They also prayed and sang psalms according to the gospel of Mark.

When Jehovahs Witnesses celebrate this memorial, we all attend and observe the proceedings. The cup of wine and unleavened bread is passed around all those in attendance. But the only ones who drink or eat the emblems are those who believe they of the anointed otherwise known as Christs brothers. His apostles were the first of the anointed brothers and that is why only they were present on the night before Jesus death....and only they partook on that occasion.

We are a little different to most christians because we dont believe every christian has a heavenly calling...ie not all christians will be going to heaven when they die. Some, we believe, will be resurrected back to life on earth. And this is why we dont all partake of the wine and bread. But we still observe the memorial because Jesus is still our Lord...but the partaking of the emblems is reserved for those who will be joined with Christ in heaven to rule as kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom.

The only way to become anointed is if God chooses you. both men and women can become anointed, and Gods spirit reveals the anointing to them personally. If they know they are of the anointed, they will partake of the wine and bread...and the rest of us will observe the occasion in remembrance of Jesus great sacrifice and in appreciation for what it means to us.

Onkara

Hi Marco, thanks for your question.

We are a little different to most christians because we dont believe every christian has a heavenly calling...ie not all christians will be going to heaven when they die. Some, we believe, will be resurrected back to life on earth. And this is why we dont all partake of the wine and bread. But we still observe the memorial because Jesus is still our Lord...but the partaking of the emblems is reserved for those who will be joined with Christ in heaven to rule as kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom.

The only way to become anointed is if God chooses you. both men and women can become anointed, and Gods spirit reveals the anointing to them personally. If they know they are of the anointed, they will partake of the wine and bread...and the rest of us will observe the occasion in remembrance of Jesus great sacrifice and in appreciation for what it means to us.

Hi Pegg
Do you mean when your are at church only certain people stand and go forward to take the bread and others stay sat because they know they have not been chosen? I am wondering if it is a personal conviction? If so is that conviction through the Holy Spirit?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg
Do you mean when your are at church only certain people stand and go forward to take the bread and others stay sat because they know they have not been chosen? I am wondering if it is a personal conviction? If so is that conviction through the Holy Spirit?

Hi Onkara,

Yes, it is a personal conviction that is given by the holy spirit itself. Paul explained it this way:
Romans 8:14 For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.15 ...YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together”

The difference in the 'spirit' of an anointed one is that they have the unmistakable yearning to live with Christ in heaven...they have no desire for earthly life or physical things.

Those of us who have a desire for the earth and living forever here, do not partake of the wine and bread because it is not for us. That wine and bread are symbols of the 'new covenant' between Christ and those who are to become the 'joint heirs' in the heavens.

Last year, 18 million people attended & observed the memorial of Christs death, but less then 11,000 partook of the emblems. And each year the number of the partakers decrease.

Marco19

Researcher
The cup of wine and unleavened bread is passed around all those in attendance.
- Then i assume that many cups with breads are served (since it's a large gathering), is that correct?
- How it starts? is there a beginning and ending points/persons?

my understanding to the event in Jesus time, He did that meeting in a close room, not publicly, so it wasn't the case that His followers could observe it.
therefore i wonder, since you are practicing the same ritual, why do you allow all the believers to attend and observe?

Some, we believe, will be resurrected back to life on earth. And this is why we dont all partake of the wine and bread.
i guess you mean the majority not some?

but the partaking of the emblems is reserved for those who will be joined with Christ in heaven to rule as kings and priests in the heavenly kingdom.
if i'm not wrong, the number is limited to 144000:
- Is this number includes all believers who lived before Christ first advent?
- The period between Christ first advent and establishment of JW, Are there any believers, which you believe, will take part (or have the chance) in this heavenly government?
- After JW, are there any chances for non JW to be a part of it?

and Gods spirit reveals the anointing to them personally.
- Do they have to make a testimony, or it's something private and non will ask them before/after the meal? or even may be to congratulate if you see one of your family members ate/drank in that eve?
i guess even your way of talk with them will change after the eve?

Thank You again :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
- Then i assume that many cups with breads are served (since it's a large gathering), is that correct?
- How it starts? is there a beginning and ending points/persons?

It really depends on how big the gathering is. In a small congregation of only 20 or 30, then only one cup of wine and one plate of bread would be needed. But in a very large gathering of 100 or more, then there could be several plates and cups passed around the audience. Each person passes the emblems onto the next until everyone has passed the plate to someone.

The meeting begins with a song and prayer, then a speaker will give a talk regarding the meaning of the occasion, the emblems are explained, the account in the gospel is read. Then a prayer is offered before each emblem is passed around. We finish with another song and prayer.

my understanding to the event in Jesus time, He did that meeting in a close room, not publicly, so it wasn't the case that His followers could observe it.
therefore i wonder, since you are practicing the same ritual, why do you allow all the believers to attend and observe?

that is true, however Jesus revealed that, at his presence, there would be persons who would do good to his spiritual brothers, visiting them in time of need and giving them assistance. (Mt 25:31-46)
As supporters of those 'spiritual brothers', it would not be wrong to support them when they come together to celebrate the memorial. And it is they themselves who send out the invitation for others to join them in commemorating Jesus death... afterall, we all benefit by Jesus sacrifice, so it is proper that we too observe this occasion.

i guess you mean the majority not some?
Jesus said "the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.” (John 5:21, 25, 28, 29) So, yes. The majority of mankind who have died in the past will be resurrected to life on earth.

if i'm not wrong, the number is limited to 144000:
- Is this number includes all believers who lived before Christ first advent?
The number going to heaven have been revealed to number 144,000. Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel

Those who lived before Jesus instituted the 'new covenant' will be among those resurrected to life on earth. There is no evidence that anyone before this time went to heaven...in fact, Jesus said “No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.” (John 3:13) So we believe that all of mankind will be restored to life again once Jesus messianic rule begins...at the time of the resurrection.

- The period between Christ first advent and establishment of JW, Are there any believers, which you believe, will take part (or have the chance) in this heavenly government?
- After JW, are there any chances for non JW to be a part of it?

Yes we do believe there are christians from the past 2,000 years who are among that 144,000. Throughout the past 2,000 years there have always been faithful christians who have been martyred and who have stood out as different. they have been willing to put their lives on the line to proclaim the christian message even when the establishments were against them. So yes, definitely there have been various ones who would have been chosen for the heavenly calling before JW's became an organization.

As for any 'non' witnesses in our own time, well we have to consider the prophecies of revelation and Daniel which show that during the 'last days', Christ would gather his chosen ones together and they would form into a worldwide brotherhood. would Christ choose someone who was not a part of that brotherhood? I dont personally believe so....otherwise we would have to ask why he bothered to gather them together at all.

- Do they have to make a testimony, or it's something private and non will ask them before/after the meal? or even may be to congratulate if you see one of your family members ate/drank in that eve?
i guess even your way of talk with them will change after the eve?

Thank You again :)

there is no testimony they have to make, it is completely private between themselves and Jehovah. The congregation keeps a record of the number who partook of the emblems, but it doesnt record their names. The only way we know someone is anointed is if we see them partake of the emblems. they dont publicize it nor do they have to inform the organization that they have been anointed .

the majority of annointed ones are quite old and have been serving faithfully for several decades...we would not expect a new person to the congregation to become anointed, but of course its not impossible either simply because the one who chooses them is God himself.

Hope this information is helpful :)

Onkara

Hi Onkara,

Yes, it is a personal conviction that is given by the holy spirit itself. Paul explained it this way:
Romans 8:14 For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.15 ...YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together”

The difference in the 'spirit' of an anointed one is that they have the unmistakable yearning to live with Christ in heaven...they have no desire for earthly life or physical things.

Those of us who have a desire for the earth and living forever here, do not partake of the wine and bread because it is not for us. That wine and bread are symbols of the 'new covenant' between Christ and those who are to become the 'joint heirs' in the heavens.

Last year, 18 million people attended & observed the memorial of Christs death, but less then 11,000 partook of the emblems. And each year the number of the partakers decrease.
Hi Pegg
Thanks, that is fascinating and fairly logical. I assume the majority are led by God's spirit but a minority of those have come to the point where they are no longer bond by earthly craving? Is that correct, I wonder if most have the Holy Spirit but a few are ready?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg
Thanks, that is fascinating and fairly logical. I assume the majority are led by God's spirit but a minority of those have come to the point where they are no longer bond by earthly craving? Is that correct, I wonder if most have the Holy Spirit but a few are ready?

i've known a few anointed ones and the common denominator between them was their detachment from earthly desires. They didnt loose a desire for 'life', but rather for material things and a material life...the very things we need for a satisfying life.

I also had one explain to me that one day she just felt different about things, it wasn't a gradual change in attitude, it was a sudden change and she knew she had been chosen and her focus and concerns moved from physical things to heavenly things.

The holy spirit is an interesting gift because even those who are not assigned to heaven can have holy spirit...and its the same spirit, but it works upon an individual in different ways. In the bible we find examples of how holy spirit acted differently in different people, ie to Joseph (Jacobs son) it had given the ability to interpret prophetic dreams, to another it gave the ability to interpret scripture, to another the ability to raise the dead and to the early christians the ability to speak in a foreign language.

so its purposeful, whatever God wills, it does. :)

Onkara

i've known a few anointed ones and the common denominator between them was their detachment from earthly desires. They didnt loose a desire for 'life', but rather for material things and a material life...the very things we need for a satisfying life.

I also had one explain to me that one day she just felt different about things, it wasn't a gradual change in attitude, it was a sudden change and she knew she had been chosen and her focus and concerns moved from physical things to heavenly things.
Hi Pegg
Is this experience or teaching regarding "the detachment from earthly desires" unique to JW? I ask as it is a new idea for me in respect to Christianity and wonder if it differs between denominations; should you know?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi Pegg
Is this experience or teaching regarding "the detachment from earthly desires" unique to JW? I ask as it is a new idea for me in respect to Christianity and wonder if it differs between denominations; should you know?
Im not sure if its unique to us... its not really a teaching as such. It was just a way it was explained to me. Some people have a desire to own their own home, and others dont, they are happy to rent a house belonging to someone else. That is what it is like for the annointed, they dont have a desire to accumulate material things because they have no love for such things.

i honestly dont know what other christian denominations teach with regard to detachment.

the scriptures are pretty clear that christians need to keep their minds on 'spiritual' things as opposed to 'fleshly' things. Paul also says that a 'physical' person cannot understand the things of the 'spirit' because they can only be examined 'spiritually'. So if one tries to learn about God using 'physical' things, they will find it very difficult.

Jesus also said “Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

And for this reason Christians were told to be 'content' with the basic necessities and not be striving to accumulate wealth. Paul wrote: “So, having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things. However, those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.”

From what i understand, its ok to have material things, but its not ok to 'love' them so much that they become the driving force in our life.

kjw47

Hello dear friends,

Who attends?
Who drinks wine?
who anoint those?

We find at 1 cor 11:27-- that some are unworthy to partake of these emblems.
Now the only ones who would partake are those who attend a christian gathering--so we see by Gods word not all should partake.
Here is what we find-- There are two seperate groups mentioned in Gods word who are true worshippers, one is the great crowd( other sheep)that no man can number, and one is the little flock=the bride of Christ=144,000( annointed). yet one flock.
Now in revelation it says these 144,000 are the ones who were bought from the earth, It doesnt say that about the great crowd. The annointed will rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus during his millenial reign as Gods appointed king. Helping do the judging. Jesus made a special covenant with these as his bride. So like in a mortal marriage only the bride gets to partake of the grooms body( and blood in this case) and only those are this covenant made with to partake, thus the great crowd are the unworthy to partake.

Marco19

Researcher
Thank you Pegg, that was really helpful, i still have a few questions regarding the same theme.

- Are the same people allowed to eat/drink evry year? or each person should do it once?
because Jesus did that once (as far as i remember)

- Since Jesus sat on the right side, and the heavenly government started the mission of spreading the word of Jehovah,
i still can't understand, how comes it started without accomplishing the number of 144000?
because there are people anointed and will till Messianic ere starts.

-
it was a sudden change and she knew she had been chosen and her focus and concerns moved from physical things to heavenly things.
So, there is no such a thing like dreaming, or revelations, or talking to Jehovah or Jesus or Angels ... etc

-
The holy spirit is an interesting gift because even those who are not assigned to heaven can have holy spirit
As JW, how do you define it (Holy Spirit)?

Sorry for my endless questions :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thank you Pegg, that was really helpful, i still have a few questions regarding the same theme.

- Are the same people allowed to eat/drink evry year? or each person should do it once?
because Jesus did that once (as far as i remember)

every year that the memorial is celebrated, the emblems are taken. So yes, every year they are partaken of by the same people who partook the previous year.
(unless they have lost their choosing through unfaithfulness which can happen)

Jesus disciples partook of the wine and bread every time they held the memorial in harmony with Jesus instructions:
Luke 22:19 Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”

- Since Jesus sat on the right side, and the heavenly government started the mission of spreading the word of Jehovah,
i still can't understand, how comes it started without accomplishing the number of 144000?
because there are people anointed and will till Messianic ere starts.

Jesus began the preaching of the 'good news of the kingdom' even before he chose his first 12 apostles...so it has always been a progressive gathering of those who will join christ in heaven.

When Jesus ascended to heaven, he sat at the right hand of God 'awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet' this period of 'waiting' occured 'until' the kingdom was established. Jesus had earlier told his disciples that the 'nations would trample Jerusalem' for an appointed time, and Then the kingdom would begin to rule.

this is in harmony with the prophet Ezekiel who said of the earthly kingdom of God (jerusalem at that time) Ezekiel 21:25 “And as for you, O deadly wounded, wicked chieftain of Israel, whose day has come in the time of the error of [the] end, 26 this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. This will not be the same. Put on high even what is low, and bring low even the high one. 27 A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it. As for this also, it will certainly become no [one’s] until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give [it] to him.’

this prophecy of Ezekiel shows that God would allow his earthly kingdom (Jerusalem) to be destroyed and no one would be permitted back on the throne of David until God himself put someone on the throne. That 'someone' was Jesus Christ and God put him on the throne in heaven when the 'appointed times of the nations' had come to their end.

-
So, there is no such a thing like dreaming, or revelations, or talking to Jehovah or Jesus or Angels ... etc

no, not among us. Not even the anointed have dreams or visions or prophecy or anything like that. All we need is the bible, it is the complete word of God and if studied well, it can lead us to the correct understanding of Gods will and purpose for us. The instructions are all there, we just have to follow through and do what is asked. Paul said “We are walking by faith, not by sight.”—2 CORINTHIANS 5:7.

-
As JW, how do you define it (Holy Spirit)?

Sorry for my endless questions :)

Questions are great, no problem at all.

The holy spirit is Gods 'active force'...its his power. Its not a person, its a force. It comes only from God and it can work in whatever way God needs it to work. He can create matter with it, he can bring a person to life with it, he can impart understanding with it, he can even use it to comfort us when we are down.

It is the most powerful force in the universe and we should never underestimate how much we need it. :)

Marco19

Researcher
Hello Pegg,

It is the most powerful force in the universe and we should never underestimate how much we need it.

And the Spirit is a wind, life force, life power ...

My question is: what is the difference(s) between Spirit and Holy Spirit?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hello Pegg,

And the Spirit is a wind, life force, life power ...

My question is: what is the difference(s) between Spirit and Holy Spirit?

well 'spirit' can mean many things.
Humans have 'spirit'...in hebrew the word for spirit is Ruach and it means 'breath'
So all living creatures have 'breath' or 'spirit'. That same word can also mean 'wind'...so we could say the wind is 'like' spirit in that its not something you can see, but it can be felt. It can animate the things it touches much like Gods spirit can animate a human soul/body.
And we can apply 'spirit' to a persons demeanor too...the 'spirit' they show might be bright and happy, or it might be down and depressed...in that context the spirit is the motivating force in the individual.

The difference between 'holy spirit' and 'spirit' in general is simply that the 'holy spirit' emanates from God himself. Its what he uses to accomplish his will. It is his invisible power or energy... as it comes from him, it is 'holy' because he is holy.

Marco19

Researcher
well 'spirit' can mean many things.
Humans have 'spirit'...in hebrew the word for spirit is Ruach and it means 'breath'
So all living creatures have 'breath' or 'spirit'. That same word can also mean 'wind'...so we could say the wind is 'like' spirit in that its not something you can see, but it can be felt. It can animate the things it touches much like Gods spirit can animate a human soul/body.
And we can apply 'spirit' to a persons demeanor too...the 'spirit' they show might be bright and happy, or it might be down and depressed...in that context the spirit is the motivating force in the individual.

The difference between 'holy spirit' and 'spirit' in general is simply that the 'holy spirit' emanates from God himself. Its what he uses to accomplish his will. It is his invisible power or energy... as it comes from him, it is 'holy' because he is holy.

Well, the reason why i'm asking this, because it says that Spirit is the breath.
if it's a breath, then the question is: breath of whom?
everything comes from the creator should be holy, shouldn't it?

Another thing: in the book of reasoning it says that spirit is:
1- wind, 2- active life force, 3- impelling force, 4-inspired utterances originating with an invisible source, 5- spirit persons, 6- God's active force, or holy spirit.
the first four need a source, so what/who is the cause?
number five i didn't get, could you please elaborate more?
number six you explained in your previous message as "his invisible power or energy", i can't see any difference between this and number four.

Thanks you :)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Well, the reason why i'm asking this, because it says that Spirit is the breath.
if it's a breath, then the question is: breath of whom?
everything comes from the creator should be holy, shouldn't it?

I would say yes, everything that comes from God is holy, but that doesnt mean the things he creates with his holy spirit are forever holy too.
Holiness means “religious cleanness or purity; sacredness.” And the original Hebrew word translated holy (qo′dhesh) conveys the idea of separateness, exclusiveness, or sanctification to God....its basically a state of being set aside to the service of God.

If we choose to live according to Gods holiness, then that person can become holy...but only to a degree. We cannot say that the spirit in us (the lifeforce given us by the holy spirit) is holy because what we choose to do with our lives may not be holy at all. Our lives have become tainted by sin and this in itself makes it impossible to be completely holy in such a condition. But without sin, our entire life could be used in devotion to God...and if we do, then we can become holy.

Another thing: in the book of reasoning it says that spirit is:
1- wind, 2- active life force, 3- impelling force, 4-inspired utterances originating with an invisible source, 5- spirit persons, 6- God's active force, or holy spirit.
the first four need a source, so what/who is the cause?

the thing that each of the above have in common is that they are all unseen forces. we cannot see the wind, but we can feel its effects as it blows through and causes things to move. Our life force is not something we can see, but we can see how that lifeforce animates a living body...in a dead body, the lifeforce is no longer there, so the body is no longer animated.
Inspired utterances are those which come from an unseen source... Gods active force is the power that can motivate, move, generate etc. We can liken 'spirit' to a powerplant that sends electricity out to many homes...the power plant works from a distance to light the homes and provide energy to them. That is kind of the way 'spirit' works...its an unseen power that gives energy to its recipient. The source of all energy is God.
Psalms 104:'...If you take away their spirit, they expire, And back to their dust they go

Eccl 12:7 Then the dust returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit itself returns to the [true] God who gave it

So energy/spirit is never lost...it simply transfers back to the one who provided it in the first place. And this is why all lives can be restored...if we die, our 'lifeforce' was never ours, it was always Gods and he can give it back to us at any time.

number five i didn't get, could you please elaborate more?
number six you explained in your previous message as "his invisible power or energy", i can't see any difference between this and number four.

Thanks you :)

There are human physical creations, and there are powerful spirit creations otherwise known to us as 'angels'. Like us, they have intelligence and freewill.

In the Scriptures angels are also termed ‘sons of God,’ “morning stars” and “holy ones,” whose abode is in heaven.

Hebrews 1:7 Also, with reference to the angels he says: “And he makes his angels spirits, and his public servants a flame of fire.”

Last edited:

Marco19

Researcher
We cannot say that the spirit in us (the lifeforce given us by the holy spirit) is holy because what we choose to do with our lives may not be holy at all.
Why it's not holy, i can't see any reason that our spirit becomes unholy, because at the end it's just a wind or life force, and again despite to our attitude whether we sin or not, our spirit will go back to the creator, therefore i assume it is holy and should remain holy so it can go back
what do you think?

it simply transfers back to the one who provided it in the first place. And this is why all lives can be restored...if we die, our 'lifeforce' was never ours, it was always Gods and he can give it back to us at any time.
Is this means that our spirits are independent unique? or it's part of one spirit so when we die it rejoin?
and again when the creator decided to give it back, is it the same spirit or any since it's a wind and has no specific/uniqueness/belonging id?

Like us, they have intelligence and freewill.
Why they didn't get mortal flesh like us? and why we didn't be like angels since the beginning?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Why it's not holy, i can't see any reason that our spirit becomes unholy, because at the end it's just a wind or life force, and again despite to our attitude whether we sin or not, our spirit will go back to the creator, therefore i assume it is holy and should remain holy so it can go back
what do you think?

if holiness is a state of being, then one must remain in that state of being in order to be holy. As soon as someone chooses to commit unholy acts, they can no longer be holy.

Satan the devil was created with holy spirit... can we say he is holy?

You see, this is why holiness is a 'state of being'....it means to be in the service of God living in accord with Gods will and standards. When Satan left his heavenly position and stopped serving his God, he was no longer holy because he was no longer in the service of God nor did he continue to live according to Gods standards. And it was the same for the first man Adam. When he ate from the tree, he was not longer living according to the rules set by God...he had stopped being a servant of God, he chose to use his life for some other purpose. When anyone does that, the holy spirit which created them, cannot remain in them....so it leaves and they begin to die. Something holy cannot remain inside something unholy. And this is why God said to the Israelites, Numbers 15:40 The purpose is that YOU may remember and may certainly do all my commandments and indeed prove to be holy to YOUR God

And at 1Peter 1:15-16 “In accord with the Holy One who called you, do you also become holy yourselves in all your conduct, because it is written: ‘You must be holy, because I am holy.’”

Is this means that our spirits are independent unique? or it's part of one spirit so when we die it rejoin?
and again when the creator decided to give it back, is it the same spirit or any since it's a wind and has no specific/uniqueness/belonging id?

remember what the spirit is...it is an energy force. It is not a person...it does not have a consciousness...it is merely the energy that animates a body. So our spirit is not unique for we are all powered by the same holy spirit.

Why they didn't get mortal flesh like us? and why we didn't be like angels since the beginning?

we were created to compliment the physical world and to be caretakers of the earth. The spirits were created long before us and long before the universe was created. They were created to reside with God in heaven.

But mankind are for the earth:
Psalms 115:16 As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men

Isaiah 45:18 For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

Jeremiah 27:5 ‘I myself have made the earth, mankind and the beasts that are upon the surface of the earth by my great power and by my stretched-out arm; and I have given it to whom it has proved right in my eyes.

thanks for the heads up on that scripture too...it was late last night ;)

Last edited: