• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord Shiva devotees only: What is your experience?

mystic64

nolonger active

Thank you Vinayaka for the information. It helps me to compare the pure mystic experience with the tradition that you are studying under. My Guru friend once said that one can get there as a mystic, but they can not teach because they do not know how they got there :) . Tradition has a map or steps that everyone can follow and trained guides to help with the understanding of the map or steps to arrive at the divine goal that is being sought. A mystic just has a bunch of experiences that add up to cognative leaps that result in understanding. And my guru friend also said that the pure mystic experience takes a lot longer because of there being a lot of trial and error involved. I have been a mystic since I was five years old, sixty years now, and I would have to agree with him :) .

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Tradition has a map or steps that everyone can follow and trained guides to help with the understanding of the map or steps to arrive at the divine goal that is being sought.

Which is precisely why I am doing what I'm doing - Patanjali's stages or limbs. Without yamas (restraints) in place, one cannot proceed. I saw in interesting quote on this yesterday ... "If you allow it, it will continue."

mystic64

nolonger active
Once (if) we get to feeling we're in Siva's presence all the time, how do we maintain that feeling?
How did we get there in the first place?
If we're not there yet, what do we need to do?

There is a lot to say about getting there, but very little to say once you get there. (or so I hear)

Experiences like the temple experience above are just reminders that it's possible, not much really. On our own we should be able to remember, but on occasion we need a little help.

Of course, the intellect can talk and talk and talk some more. like some ridiculously thick band of clouds hiding the sun from view.

I reached the point where I discoved that I had to forget everything that I ever knew (that took over twenty years in this lifetime as a yogi) and start over again. From there quiet mind was easy. From there I appealed to Yogananda's Babiji for assistance (it turned out that he was my guru in my last lifetime) and he and Shiva appeared in my kitchen to visit with me. At the time I did not even believe that they existed and boy was I in for a suprise. Babiji wasn't much fun, he was all business. He took me through a samadi with Shiva initiation and I became one with Shiva. From there I spent the next three months in a state of a daze of absolute amazement and wonderment and had to keep remembering to breath :) . Luckily my wife was pretty understanding about the whole thing. From there I begin to learn all kinds of different mind energy movement meditations and am still learning them. And each new meditation takes you deeper into things that lead to cognitive leaps and understanding the relationship of one's mind to one's physical body and spirit body.

I don't know, it just seems that the more you try to understand, the harder it is to understand. The attempt or need to understand creates resistance to understanding. Which is why the quiet mind is where you have to start. And the mind energy meditations, if you do the grounding meditations also, that you do to wake up the areas above your head also over time increases the neural density in your brain which then enables you to be more sensitive and awake about things.

And if you start out with a goal, as I did, eventually the goal goes away and ceases to be a part of things. The path becomes the experience, it becomes never ending, and you just keep waking up into the wonderment of all kinds of interesting things with you and Siva exploring life, creation, and that which is beyond creation together.

It all starts with a quiet mind and stepping into "oneness" (yoga/yoked) with the deity that you have chosen to share the experience with :) . When you were in that temple you experienced the quiet mind and the stepping into oneness with the deity that you have chosen to share the never ending path experience with.

mystic64

nolonger active
Which is precisely why I am doing what I'm doing - Patanjali's stages or limbs. Without yamas (restraints) in place, one cannot proceed. I saw in interesting quote on this yesterday ... "If you allow it, it will continue."

Yep :) ! And Rule 1. of yoga science: What you place active thought in lights up and is activated. And this rule is the foundation for the active meditations and exercises of all traditions. And thought can be placed by/using visualization and/or feeling something with your mind. One of the major gifts of all traditions are the meditations and exercises that wake up and activate one's energy body, physical body, and mind body.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When you were in that temple you experienced the quiet mind and the stepping into oneness with the deity that you have chosen to share the never ending path experience with.

You have no idea what I experienced.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sorry about that sir. Thank you for setting me streight.

There's nothing to be sorry for, as it happens plenty in the human experience. :) I didn't mean to be harsh about it, just pointing out the obvious (to me)

It's presumptuous for anyone (including myself obviously) to think they know what someone else experienced. Only the experiencer has his own experience. We're actually not mind readers although some days we're fooled into thinking we are.

Aum Shanthi

Last edited:

mystic64

nolonger active
Once (if) we get to feeling we're in Siva's presence all the time, how do we maintain that feeling?
How did we get there in the first place?
If we're not there yet, what do we need to do?

There is a lot to say about getting there, but very little to say once you get there. (or so I hear)

Experiences like the temple experience above are just reminders that it's possible, not much really. On our own we should be able to remember, but on occasion we need a little help.

Of course, the intellect can talk and talk and talk some more. like some ridiculously thick band of clouds hiding the sun from view.

The reason that your questions can not be answered is because no one would believe it and if they did they would find it very frightening. One example is that all minds are connected and a part of the same mind. Another example is that all experiences and thoughts are recorded in the mind of God and these experiences and thoughts can be accessed. Another example is that all religions are pieces of the samething and folks just do not want to understand that because their piece is the best and only piece.

The list goes on and on and those three things are just the easiest to deal with. Anyway Vinayaka, we have now reached the debate part of this topic and I do not want to debate and you do not want to debate :) so I would like to thank you guys for sharing your experiences with Shiva/Siva with me. And this experience has been very helpful to me personally and what i consider a gift from the Loving Divine.

Namaste

Last edited:

MeeraR

Hey guyz,

Hope you all good !
I became a Shiva devotee since june 2019.
I started the somwar vrat, i loved a guy and he wasn’t able to tell me his feelings so he used to tell im his friend.
My prayer was that this guyz gives me a positive answer, so i started somwar vrat on March 15th and on May 8th after i told my feelings to that guy ! I swear to god, i never thought i will be able and i didn’t even planned that! I was raining and all and i told him, the guy told me he needs time bc of caste pb and all.So i said do you need time? He sais yes give me some time ill convince my mom.
So i gave him space and then i went to the temple at shiv ling and prayed and tried to put two flowers, white will be positive red negative, the priest chose the white one.
A month later i went to temple and prayed, and asked Shiv Ji that if this guy is my destiny he should call me today, i went out of the temple in a restaurant, heard om namashivaya mantra and he called i was shocked.
After that we met but didnt talk about that.
Then my 16mondays ended.
I went to temple and prayed mata Parvathi and asked for a positive answer and a flower fall after i opened my eyes i was so surprised.
Till that day that guy didn’t talk to me.
After that i didnt understood anything bc it was like more than two months i didnt had any news abt him so i went to temple, the priest puts kumkum and vibuthi and prayed, he puts it on shiv Ling and then on Mata Parvathi (i pray the most) a baby pick the kumkum.
And after that i was convinced and started believeing whtever happens he will be back.
But after three months he erased me from social network two weeks ago and we talk abd he said he dont have any feelings for me...i was so lost...
But i understood it was bc of problems at home he said that, i dont know what to think after having all these signs from ShivJi......
Can you give me your explanation?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hey guyz,

Hope you all good !
I became a Shiva devotee since june 2019.
I started the somwar vrat, i loved a guy and he wasn’t able to tell me his feelings so he used to tell im his friend.
My prayer was that this guyz gives me a positive answer, so i started somwar vrat on March 15th and on May 8th after i told my feelings to that guy ! I swear to god, i never thought i will be able and i didn’t even planned that! I was raining and all and i told him, the guy told me he needs time bc of caste pb and all.So i said do you need time? He sais yes give me some time ill convince my mom.
So i gave him space and then i went to the temple at shiv ling and prayed and tried to put two flowers, white will be positive red negative, the priest chose the white one.
A month later i went to temple and prayed, and asked Shiv Ji that if this guy is my destiny he should call me today, i went out of the temple in a restaurant, heard om namashivaya mantra and he called i was shocked.
After that we met but didnt talk about that.
Then my 16mondays ended.
I went to temple and prayed mata Parvathi and asked for a positive answer and a flower fall after i opened my eyes i was so surprised.
Till that day that guy didn’t talk to me.
After that i didnt understood anything bc it was like more than two months i didnt had any news abt him so i went to temple, the priest puts kumkum and vibuthi and prayed, he puts it on shiv Ling and then on Mata Parvathi (i pray the most) a baby pick the kumkum.
And after that i was convinced and started believeing whtever happens he will be back.
But after three months he erased me from social network two weeks ago and we talk abd he said he dont have any feelings for me...i was so lost...
But i understood it was bc of problems at home he said that, i dont know what to think after having all these signs from ShivJi......
Can you give me your explanation?
Meera, this is a different Shiva than the one I know, so I can't really relate to that aspect. Signs happen, but we never know for sure. Falling flowers simultaneously with thoughts is a common one. I'm not sure, but you sound young to me. Lots of life ahead for you. Best wishes.

MeeraR

Meera, this is a different Shiva than the one I know, so I can't really relate to that aspect. Signs happen, but we never know for sure. Falling flowers simultaneously with thoughts is a common one. I'm not sure, but you sound young to me. Lots of life ahead for you. Best wishes.
Hello Vinayaka,

Thank you for your kindest answer.

ajay0

I am a yogi mystic and Lord Shiva visited me about twenty years ago. From there we became very good friends. To me Lord Shiva is a living person who is an example of what a yogi can achieve. I am not Hindu, I am just a yogi with thousands of hours of meditation experience over a forty year time period. The OP question for discussion and debate is, "As a devotee to Lord Shiva, what is "your" experience with Lord Shiva? And how do you see and approach/worship him as a divine entity/personality?" "Do you feel that he is a physically immortal person that still resides on this planet and an example of what a yogi can become or is he just another god that is a gift to Humankind?"

I am not a Hindu, but I am an advanced yogi and I am really good friends with one of the Hindu gods. What I would like to do is discuss/debate(?) what he actually is and what experiences those that are his devotees or as I have him, as a friend have had with him. Who is and what is this awesome person that is Lord Shiva to you?

Are there any others on this message board that know or worship Lord Shiva that would like to talk about their experiences with and opinions/beliefs on Lord Shiva?

In the yogic philosophy, the Shivalingam as Saguna Brahman is considered the first form to arise when creation occurs, and also the last form before the dissolution of creation.

The Shivalingam is considered as the greatest personification of Saguna Brahman, and was worshipped by the likes of the Avatars Parashurama, Rama and Krishna themselves.

An oval shaped stone is worshipped as a symbol of God or Shivalingam in Shaivite temples. The Vedas and Shaivite scriptures consider the Shivalingam to a be a cosmic pillar or point of light. Another name for the Shivalingam is Jyotirlingam with Jyoti meaning light.

As per the monotheistic religious sect called the Prajapita Brahmakumaris, the form of the Shiva lingam denotes God as a point of light.

I have created a thread in this regard showing the correlation between God and light in various world religions.

Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris associate the Shivalingam with Jehovah, Allah and Ahura Mazda of the other monotheistic religions.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris is also the only spiritual organisation in the world run by women leaders, administrators and teachers. They have teaching centres in almost every country around the world where they teach 7 day courses on yogic philosophy and meditation free of charge.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In the yogic philosophy, the Shivalingam as Saguna Brahman is considered the first form to arise when creation occurs, and also the last form before the dissolution of creation.

The Shivalingam is considered as the greatest personification of Saguna Brahman, and was worshipped by the likes of the Avatars Parashurama, Rama and Krishna themselves.

An oval shaped stone is worshipped as a symbol of God or Shivalingam in Shaivite temples. The Vedas and Shaivite scriptures consider the Shivalingam to a be a cosmic pillar or point of light. Another name for the Shivalingam is Jyotirlingam with Jyoti meaning light.

As per the monotheistic religious sect called the Prajapita Brahmakumaris, the form of the Shiva lingam denotes God as a point of light.

I have created a thread in this regard showing the correlation between God and light in various world religions.

Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris associate the Shivalingam with Jehovah, Allah and Ahura Mazda of the other monotheistic religions.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris is also the only spiritual organisation in the world run by women leaders, administrators and teachers. They have teaching centres in almost every country around the world where they teach 7 day courses on yogic philosophy and meditation free of charge.

Perhaps you didn't notice the dates on this thread.