• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord of the Dance lyrics

Riders

So I heard this for the first time. Its really Christian thought got the death and rise of Jesus in it, but using the lord of the dance symbol for Jesus and God instead of church.

So be it that its Christian I showed it to my conservative Christian sisters.

I had confronted them this year both that I felt like they and or folks at their church hang onto rituals and stuff like alter call ritual accepting Jesus as lord too much instead of hanging onto God.

I also had another thread up talking about 1600s bible so this is 2 part thread. When I expressed the fact other words that we don't even have definition for were used way back when in the bible, so the bible cant be perfectly true , it was told to me exact definitions and words don't mean that much just what the basic meaning to Christians count not actual old definitions.

I beg your pardon?Apparently your wrong. Using exact definitions and exact perfect words the church us and in no other symbols or expressions, if the church does not use the terms you use for Christianity word for word perfectly they think its of the devil.

Heres the words to Lord Of The Dance
Hymns we love: Lord of the Dance

And my sisters are upset Lord of The Dance is of the devil dont you know the church does not use that symbol nor does the sinners prayer have it in it nor does the traditional alter call, the rituals and exact words with exact expressions perfectly talk the exact words the perfect church uses or you die and go to hell.
They think Lord Of The Dance is of the devil when truly its a recognized Christian song OMG! Its not a par tof the sinners prayer whew!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are some who are so narrowly constrained that anything outside of a tiny slice of life is evil.

But for those with open hearts, this to me is a fun version:

Jeremiah Ames

There are some who are so narrowly constrained that anything outside of a tiny slice of life is evil.

But for those with open hearts, this to me is a fun version:

That was absolutely wonderful.

I never saw it before.

Thanks for sharing it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I ignore the lyrics, and it reminds me of Nataraja. the Lord of the dance. Unintended consequence, I'm sure.

dianaiad

The lyrics partake, a little bit, of the spirit of the tune. You all recognize 'Simple Gifts,' right?

At least, y'all should have. I prefer the original, but I like the new one.

dianaiad

Come to think of it....I do feel old. The last time I looked, the "Lord of the Dance" was Michael Flately. Not that I have a problem with Michael taking second place to Jesus, it's just, well.....hmnnn

I'm too old for this stuff.

Riders

Come to think of it....I do feel old. The last time I looked, the "Lord of the Dance" was Michael Flately. Not that I have a problem with Michael taking second place to Jesus, it's just, well.....hmnnn

I'm too old for this stuff.
Yea I thought about that too, love Riverdance and Michael Flatley