• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord God is not us or they.

74x12

The Us speaks to God himself and others subservient to his will that he is speaking to; that are in his image and likeness.
No, it's said to Jesus who remakes us in the image of God from which we fell the first time.

Please read Romans 8:29 to understand Genesis 1:26.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Gen 1:26 is direct quote of God
Gen 1:27 is narration by Moses

1. If God is "Us"; Then God is "They"; However God is not "They" but "He", as volume of the book states; to include Gen 1:27

2. Us is used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other individuals.

3. The Us speaks to God himself and others subservient to his will that he is speaking to; that are in his image and likeness.

No, God can be 'Us' and 'He'. One God, 'He'. Three Persons 'Us'.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
0. Lord our God is Lord God;

1. Lord God is He;

Gen 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

2. Lord God is Himself;

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

3. Lord God referred as "I" and "Me";

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

4. Lord God referred as "you" and alone; not us or we alone.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

5. Lord God is one;

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

6. One;

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

7. 1Co 10:23

This is not correct.

When God is referred to by humans, God is a he (God is One). However, when God is talking about/to God's self (as happens during Genesis), the word "we/us" comes up.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

The weird thing is, through most of Genesis, even here, God typically refers to himself as "I."

One article on this says it reflects the majesty of God, but it isn't consistent enough for this to be the case.

But then we see another passage. When the tower of Babel is built.

The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

God, in all these cases appears to be speaking to a Council. If I had a theory about this, I feel like God is a part of a multiverse, and typically God is freestanding in terms of what he creates, but in a few occasions, the experiment is at risk of going wrong, and God is getting a second opinion.

Either that, or it's sorta combined-power moment with the Trinity.

Last edited:

Iymus

This is not correct.

When God is referred to by humans, God is a he (God is One). However, when God is talking about/to God's self (as happens during Genesis), the word "we/us" comes up.

The weird thing is, through most of Genesis, even here, God typically refers to himself as "I."

One article on this says it reflects the majesty of God, but it isn't consistent enough for this to be the case.

But then we see another passage. When the tower of Babel is built.

God, in all these cases appears to be speaking to a Council. If I had a theory about this, I feel like God is a part of a multiverse, and typically God is freestanding in terms of what he creates, but in a few occasions, the experiment is at risk of going wrong, and God is getting a second opinion.

Either that, or it's sorta combined-power moment with the Trinity.

When a Speaker refers to himself along with one or more other individuals, the pronoun us is used.

Gen 1:27 validates that the Speaker being quoted in Gen 1:26 is himself because Creation is his work and not theirs. This states or implies that God himself brought forth Creation "Heavenly Hosts" in his image and likeness before the sixth day in which he brought forth man.

God himself said "Let Us" because his will alone be done and those of his image and likeness are subject unto his authority.

When God is speaking to others that will do or subject unto his will; it is still his will therefore "Us" because will of the Speaker himself.

The Heavenly Hosts knew the Knowledge of Good and Evil unlike Adam who was deceived by the Serpent and received a sinful nature or inclination to sin.

This is why fallen Heavenly Hosts knowing Good and Evil before sinning

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

If I say "let us" do something and you are subject unto my will, that does not mean we are one in the same; I am myself and you are still yourself.

When it comes to God, being subject unto his will you will know whether the doctrine is of himself or they. The will and doctrine originates with God not with they or others.

Joh 7:17
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Iymus

No, God can be 'Us' and 'He'. One God, 'He'. Three Persons 'Us'.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Us is a Speaker himself along with one or more individuals; So God himself along with one or more individuals in his image and likeness. Gen 1:27 validates this or helps to.

Iymus

4c82e695bcebea5e93c74c5a0c8c12f2.jpg

Simply as reference.

Iymus

The 'He' speaks to God as masculine. The 'Us' speaks to God as plurality. One God, three Persons. Are you concerned over the masculinity of God or the Trinity of God?

Good-Ole-Rebel

The He speaks to God himself. The Us speaks to God himself along with those of his image and likenesses that are subservient to his will.

Good-Ole-Rebel

The He speaks to God himself. The Us speaks to God himself along with those of his image and likenesses that are subservient to his will.

I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. Are you concerned with the masculinity of God or the Trinity of God? Or both?

(Gen. 1:26) speaks to the plurality of God. (Gen. 1:27) speaks to oneness of God. One God, three Persons.

God is always referred to as 'He'. Thus God is masculine.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited:

Iymus

I'm no sure of the point you are trying to make. Are you concerned with the masculinity of God or the Trinity of God? Or both?

(Gen. 1:26) speaks to the plurality of God. (Gen. 1:27) speaks to oneness of God. One God, three Persons.

God is always referred to as 'He'. Thus God is masculine.

Good-Ole-Rebel

1. I am concerned of your question. How can I be concerned of a Trinity that I do not believe in or find unbiblical?

2. Gen 1:26 can be seen as a direct quote of God while Gen 1:27 is narration by Moses.

3. Moses disproved or invalidated a Trinitarian interpretation because God is himself and not they.

4. If not sure of the point I am trying to make then refer back to the Subject of this thread. Then refer to subsequent responses and replies I have made.

Good-Ole-Rebel

1. I am concerned of your question. How can I be concerned of a Trinity that I do not believe in or find unbiblical?

2. Gen 1:26 can be seen as a direct quote of God while Gen 1:27 is narration by Moses.

3. Moses disproved or invalidated a Trinitarian interpretation because God is himself and not they.

4. If not sure of the point I am trying to make then refer back to the Subject of this thread. Then refer to subsequent responses and replies I have made.

Well, you are concerned with the Trinity or the plurality of God else you would not try and make issue of 'us' or other plural pronuns such as 'our' .

(Gen. 1:26) being a quote from God is all the more reason to see the plurality of God.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Iymus

Well, you are concerned with the Trinity or the plurality of God else you would not try and make issue of 'us' or other plural pronuns such as 'our' .

(Gen. 1:26) being a quote from God is all the more reason to see the plurality of God.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Luk 8:17 KJV For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Jud 1:4 KJV For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Luk 8:17 KJV For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Jud 1:4 KJV For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those are indeed good verses and true. And I know you are making a point with them. I fail to see it. Could you explain?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Iymus

Instead of the title

Lord God is not us or they.

a better title or theme could have been

Is Lord God us or they or he and himself?

Iymus

Have gotten further insight and forgot to comment.

Lord God is not us because Moses narrated Lord God as "he and himself" and Lord God referred to himself as I when talking to our ancestor Adam.

Gen 1:27 KJV So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:29 KJV And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 2:2 KJV And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Gen 2:4 KJV These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Deu 6:3 KJV Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
Deu 6:4 KJV Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
1. Lord God himself and others he possessed or brought forth in his image and likeness: This was the sixth day of creation after all.

2. Us is used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other individuals.

3. So what God brought forth prior to the sixth day in his image and likeness; God said let us make man in our image on the sixth day.

This seems to be the case

I believe you may have hit on the truth accidentally. Genesis is about the creation of earth. The creation of the universe and other huanoids in other worlds may have occurred millions of years earlier.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Proverbs 8 gives us a clue as to who the Father was talking to.....
V22-31...
"Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way,
The earliest of his achievements of long ago.

23 From ancient times I was installed,
From the start, from times earlier than the earth.

24 When there were no deep waters, I was brought forth,
When there were no springs overflowing with water,

25 Before the mountains were set in place,
Before the hills, I was brought forth,
26 When he had not yet made the earth and its fields
Or the first clods of earth’s soil.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there;
When he marked out the horizon on the surface of the waters,
28 When he established the clouds above,
When he founded the fountains of the deep,
29 When he set a decree for the sea
That its waters should not pass beyond his order,
When he established the foundations of the earth,
30 Then I was beside him as a master worker.

I was the one he was especially fond of day by day;
I rejoiced before him all the time;
31 I rejoiced over his habitable earth,

And I was especially fond of the sons of men."

Here wisdom is personified....but the description fits God's son and agrees with what the apostle Paul said at Colossians 1:15-17....
"He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist".

Proverbs is not talking about God's wisdom because it says that God produced it as the 'earliest of his achievements', which would be saying that God was not always wise. Revelation 3:14 says that Jesus was "the beginning of God's creation".
Creation came "through" the son, not "from" him. The Father alone is the Creator, but he was ably assisted by his firstborn. I believe that God was talking to his "master Worker" in Genesis 1:26.

There is no gender in heaven, so God is not spoken of as a "he" because he is male, but because of his headship arrangement on earth, males were given authority to teach and to act as priests and shepherds.
Women had an important role in God's arrangement, but exercising authority over men was not part of it.
Humility prevents women from wanting to usurp the role of men. They are created as 'compliments' of their male counterparts, not as competition for them.

I believe that is a false interpretation.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The 'He' speaks to God as masculine. The 'Us' speaks to God as plurality. One God, three Persons. Are you concerned over the masculinity of God or the Trinity of God?

Good-Ole-Rebel

I believe the us does not have to refer entirely to God.

I believe as long as you don't say the one God is three persons otherwise you are in error.

Iymus

I believe you may have hit on the truth accidentally. Genesis is about the creation of earth.

I have considered or perhaps it is a cycle.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I believe the us does not have to refer entirely to God.

I believe as long as you don't say the one God is three persons otherwise you are in error.

I believe the 'us' speaks to plurality, as it normally does. Additional Scripture leads me to believe in the Trinity.

Your statement that I am in error, means nothing.

Good-Ole-Rebel

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
0. Lord our God is Lord God;

1. Lord God is He;

Gen 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

2. Lord God is Himself;

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

3. Lord God referred as "I" and "Me";

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

4. Lord God referred as "you" and alone; not us or we alone.

Neh 9:6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

5. Lord God is one;

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

6. One;

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

7. 1Co 10:23
God is also she, wisdom, Spirit, mother hen. What’s your point?