• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord bless me with strength my daughter will leave the roaste soon

TheBrokenSoul

I have protected my daughter for 15 years plus but soon in the UK she will be legal to leave the roaste so help me understanding to not loathe her partners in protection ma lord as a time in a young ladies life she must leave the roaste and is it roost ?

I forget there is so many words to rememeber

We Never Know

No Slack
I have protected my daughter for 15 years plus but soon in the UK she will be legal to leave the roaste so help me understanding to not loathe her partners in protection ma lord as a time in a young ladies life she must leave the roaste and is it roost ?

We all one day have to watch them go but we never have to stop watching over them.
I know I hated it when my daughters were grown and went out on their own. If we raise them right they will be fine. Just be sure she knows you will always be there if needed, regardless.

PS.. Yes I call it roost

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

They all grow up, to just hope i am still around to see mine fledge the nest.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I know I hated it when my daughters were grown and went out on their own.
In Asia, it is a sacred duty and a happy moment to send a daughter to her new home after marriage. Sure, girls get into jobs and stay in different cities. But they come back for marriage. Of course, they are at liberty to stay single, but that is not the norm. :)
Daughters are 'amanat' (belong to some other family but given to us for nurturing) or 'paraya dhan' (some one else's treasure).

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Your daughter needs to be able to live her own life as she sees fit, as any individual should, but you don't have to stop providing help and support when and where she asks you for it.