• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord answering Satan

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Renaldo said:
JS, please do not humour me. Here are some examples of God punishing/cursing man
in the Bible that you ask of.
no i asked for examples of punishment for those who do not seek HaShem

Renaldo said:
But many a time in the Bible, God has punished those who do not seek Him.
the examples you give from the Torah don't fit this category because the Israelites didn't have to seek HaShem. The connection had already been made and the covenant accepted by them.

Exodus 35 - punishment for breaking covenant
Amos - punishment for breaking covenant
both quotes from Deut. - warning of punishment for breaking covenant

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
(Deuteronomy 8:5-6) "You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you. {6} "Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him

Chasten-To correct by punishment or reproof; take to task.

As much as I fear a PM from a certain member stating I am unethical, I shall continue:

The Bible teaches that at the end of the world all the wicked will come under eternal punishment in a place called Hell. "I will heap calamities upon them and spend my arrows against them. I will send wasting famine against them, consuming pestilence and deadly plague; I will send against them the fangs of wild beasts, the venom of vipers that glide in the dust.
Deuteronomy 32:22-24

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.
John 3:36

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Renaldo said:
(Deuteronomy 8:5-6) "You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you. {6} "Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him

Chasten-To correct by punishment or reproof; take to task.
again here HaShem is saying He will act like a parent, punishing and rewarding...

Renaldo said:
The Bible teaches that at the end of the world all the wicked will come under eternal punishment in a place called Hell. "I will heap calamities upon them and spend my arrows against them. I will send wasting famine against them, consuming pestilence and deadly plague; I will send against them the fangs of wild beasts, the venom of vipers that glide in the dust.
Deuteronomy 32:22-24
i don't see that this has anything to do w/ hell...
again it is another warning about punishment of the Israelites turning from Him...

Deut. 32: 18 - 19 said:
Of the Rock that begot thee thou wast unmindful, and didst forget G-d that bore thee. And HaShem saw, and spurned, because of the provoking of His sons and His daughters.
Renaldo said:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.
John 3:36
well i guess i won't be seeing eternal life then:bonk: :sarcastic

Temporarily Deactive.
Jewscout, we can continue going back and forth, or seeing as you have attempted
several times to state that this is not a worthy discussion, close the thread.

I don't care either way.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Renaldo said:
Oh hell isn't punishment? What do they do down there then? Play Twister?
as i have stated before...i don't believe in Hell in the christian sense

you seem to assume that i do...

Temporarily Deactive.
jewscout said:
as i have stated before...i don't believe in Hell in the christian sense

you seem to assume that i do...
We are not talking about your beliefs JS, we are discussing God punishing in the BIBLE.

And BOTH of us have gone majorly off topic. I may have started it, but..oh well.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Renaldo said:
We are not talking about your beliefs JS, we are discussing God punishing in the BIBLE.

And BOTH of us have gone majorly off topic. I may have started it, but..oh well.
yes perhaps this is better placed in another thread...

dan

Renaldo said:
In the book of Job, why did the Lord allow Satan to curse a man? Why
did the Lord give in to Satan's requests?

Most of you would know this passage, but I will quote it anyway.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD

Please give opinions/beliefsfacts etc.
Another simple question. Evil exists only because God allows it to exist. He lets evil touch us but not to the point where we cannot overcome it. Read 1 Corinthians 10:13. God is called the refiner that refines us as silver. Silver is refined in very specific heat. Too little and it does nothing to change the character of the silver. Too much and it destroys it. He keeps the heat at the precise point until he can see his reflection in the silver. Then it is ready. Be ye perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect. He lets evil work that refinement in us until we become like Him. A very beautiful process; but Satan was allowed to push Job that far only because God knew Job could take it. Satan only has power insofar as God allows him to have power.