• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like a showdown in Boston and two other communities.

pearl

Did you not follow this news 2 years ago? The Trump admin already did their 'nationwide' crackdown.

I believe this action is current, and involves only the sanctuary cities, and unlike before there were not 'swat teams' as backup to ICE. This time around the target is anyone arrested for any reason and not detained until Ice picks them up. I assume after ICE picks them up they will be held in federal detention pending the acceptance of the country of origin in order to deport them.

shmogie

I believe this action is current, and involves only the sanctuary cities, and unlike before there were not 'swat teams' as backup to ICE. This time around the target is anyone arrested for any reason and not detained until Ice picks them up. I assume after ICE picks them up they will be held in federal detention pending the acceptance of the country of origin in order to deport them.
You are correct. ICE does not ask that they be held on detainers alone. They ask that if there is a detainer, that they be notified when the person is to be released.

Of course sanctuary cities put the population at higher risk, and certainly the ICE agents. Instead of taking them into custody as they are being released, instead, they must hunt them down in situations that could go bad very quickly.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Of course sanctuary cities put the population at higher risk, and certainly the ICE agents. Instead of taking them into custody as they are being released, instead, they must hunt them down in situations that could go bad very quickly.
What I'm seeing is the regular folks against big government.

I'm often surprised by how quickly TeaParty types are all about big government, sometimes.
Tom

shmogie

Tea p
What I'm seeing is the regular folks against big government.

I'm often surprised by how quickly TeaParty types are all about big government, sometimes.
Tom
Tea party types believe in the rule of law. Criminal illegal aliens being allowed to roam free has cost many hundreds of Americans their lives.

The most egregious of these are horrendous. Like the 92 year old woman who was beaten, repeatedly raped, then murdered by an illegal who had been released from jail more than once with an ICE detainer.

Her death, and all of them are directly the fault of the governments of these sanctuary cities, they have innocent blood on their hands.

If they don't want these slugs dealt with by the law, the citizens should deal with it another way.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Tea party types believe in the rule of law.
When it suits.
Try to get them to advocate prosecution of illegal employers. The people who reward undocumented workers with jobs.

Doesn't happen much, does it? The law isn't important to the rich folks.
Tom

shmogie

When it suits.
Try to get them to advocate prosecution of illegal employers. The people who reward undocumented workers with jobs.

Doesn't happen much, does it? The law isn't important to the rich folks.
Tom
Well, it does happen. In my state all employers of more than X( I forgot the number;it's small) employees must use E verify. quite often you read of raids on agriculture or agriculture related industries, and other industries where laborers are used. Hiring illegals nets very hefty fines or criminal prosecution. Of course, not all are caught, probably not by a long shot.

Yes, sadly, those who are rich operate in a world that is totally different from ours. They do what they want, always.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes, sadly, those who are rich operate in a world that is totally different from ours. They do what they want, always.
This is true.
Ever ask yourself why the people who can afford to buy US senators don't advocate for a sensible immigration policy, like give as many green cards to vetted applicants as they are jobs?

I don't think they want that because it would be a huge hit for corporate profits.
Tom

shmogie

Yes. Globilization allws th
This is true.
Ever ask yourself why the people who can afford to buy US senators don't advocate for a sensible immigration policy, like give as many green cards to vetted applicants as they are jobs?

I don't think they want that because it would be a huge hit for corporate profits.
Tom
Globalization allows them to only think about the bottom line. They do not care about national sovereignty, or citizenship, or effects on demographics.

Profit is good, therefore maximum profit, however obtained, is even better.

Since they accept that all people of the world are potential workers toward this goal, a cheap workforce benefiting that workforce in that they accept their pay, is good. They are employing those who need jobs who will improve the bottom line, all good to them.

shmogie

Yes. Globilization allws th
This is true.

Tom
Globalization allows them to only think about the bottom line. They do not care about national sovereignty, or citizenship, or effects on demographics.

Since they accept that all people of the world are potential workers toward this goal, a cheap workforce benefiting that workforce in that they accept their pay, is good. They are employing those who need jobs who will improve the bottom line, all good to them.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I noticed that you carefully avoided the green card part.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
They don't care about green cards, either.

You mean US employers?

The people who come here, desperately trying to better their lives, most certainly do care about green cards.
Who are you talking about?

What Would Jesus Say?
Tom

pearl

What action is current? "Elite" border patrol agents still working in the cities they were deployed to 2 years ago?

The ICE agents with military type backing trained in swat tactics.
The initial purpose of sanctuary cities is to protect undocumented immigrants, who work live and go to school. They have a right to receive protection from criminals as any of us do and the ability to call police for help. They ought to be able to seek medical assistance without questioning there documentation.