• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for volunteers for me to talk to about the gospel of Jesus

Marco Mara

"Do What Thou Wilt"
NOTE: My reason for posting in a debate forum is not because I want to debate, myself. It’s because I want to allow as much freedom as possible for people to say what they think.

(edit) The Jesus that I’m talking about here is the one that I see in the gospel stories in the Christian Bible. That is not to discourage anyone from talking about any Jesus they want to talk about. It just means that this thread I won’t be discussing any Jesus other than the one that I see in those stories.(end edit)

I’m looking for volunteers for me to talk to about what I think about the gospel of Jesus.

Jesus calls His gospel the “gospel of the kingdom,” the kingdom that He calls the “kingdom of God” and the “kingdom of heaven.” He uses analogies to describe it, for example:
- like a net cast into the sea, and some things it gathered were put into vessels and others thrown away.
- like a king who, when the people he invited to his son’s wedding refused to go, brought in people from the highways.
- like a man who sold everything he has to buy a field where he found a treasure.
- like a merchant with a collection of pearls who sold them all to buy one.

I won’t list all the analogies. Jesus says that people can enter that kingdom by following Him.

That’s it. That’s what I think about the gospel of Jesus. I’m hoping that there will be some comments and questions.

Why focus on Jesus? His story is merely another addition to an old story that's manipulated for control. There's plenty of people who was the so called son of god, born of a virgin on December 25, that healed the sick.
-Horus
-Attis
-Zoroaster
-Dionysus
-Glycon
-etc.
The bible is a joke. Its a copy and paste of random collected stories to fool the weak minded.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Why focus on Jesus? His story is merely another addition to an old story that's manipulated for control. There's plenty of people who was the so called son of god, born of a virgin on December 25, that healed the sick.
-Horus
-Attis
-Zoroaster
-Dionysus
-Glycon
-etc.
The bible is a joke. Its a copy and paste of random collected stories to fool the weak minded.
If you have any other thoughts about what I said in the OP, that would interest me.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
NOTE: My reason for posting in a debate forum is not because I want to debate, myself. It’s because I want to allow as much freedom as possible for people to say what they think.

(edit) The Jesus that I’m talking about here is the one that I see in the gospel stories in the Christian Bible. That is not to discourage anyone from talking about any Jesus they want to talk about. It just means that this thread I won’t be discussing any Jesus other than the one that I see in those stories.(end edit)

I’m looking for volunteers for me to talk to about what I think about the gospel of Jesus.

Jesus calls His gospel the “gospel of the kingdom,” the kingdom that He calls the “kingdom of God” and the “kingdom of heaven.” He uses analogies to describe it, for example:
- like a net cast into the sea, and some things it gathered were put into vessels and others thrown away.
- like a king who, when the people he invited to his son’s wedding refused to go, brought in people from the highways.
- like a man who sold everything he has to buy a field where he found a treasure.

I won’t list all the analogies. Jesus says that people can enter that kingdom by following Him.

That’s it. That’s what I think about the gospel of Jesus. I’m hoping that there will be some comments and questions.

Which Gospel? there are like 60 of them but only four ended up in the CIA-approved "New Testament". The Bible is a disaster.

Marco Mara

"Do What Thou Wilt"
If you have any other thoughts about what I said in the OP, that would interest me.
If you just dismiss the FACTS I shared with you bc it doesn't go along with what you believe then I have nothing else to say. Your mind is already closed.

Terry Sampson

Thus saith a Thelemite devotee who, in all likelihood subscribes to a religion founded by Aleister Crowley who, in 1904 claims to have received The Book of the Law from a non-corporal entity named Alwass.

Marco Mara

"Do What Thou Wilt"
Thus saith a Thelemite devotee who, in all likelihood subscribes to a religion founded by Aleister Crowley who, in 1904 claims to have received The Book of the Law from a non-corporal entity named Alwass.
My philosophy is based on the realization we can't prove anything to be true. Not a book that says do this and don't do that or you'll be punished. Nor does my books have rape, murder, or slavery in them.

Neutral Name

I don’t know what to say about that. What I see as the gospel of Jesus is that there’s a kingdom that people can enter by following Him. I think that all that theology just gets in the way of people seeing that, and doing it. In fact, I think it repels people away from it, so I think I’ll just leave that alone.[/QUOTE

Jesus was trying to teach that God is love. Those who don't love, can't be with God. God can't be with that which is the opposite of love. Hatred, hardheartedness, lack of caring, etc. are all counter to God. Jesus came to teach this. God does give free will. God allows people to choose but, if they don't choose love, they are pulling away from God. Why did he allow free will? Love is not controlling. Man is told the truth of love. So, man needs to choose it. Why put man in that position? That I don't know. I would love to hear anyone's explanation of why that is so.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe this is what Jesus said about entry into the Kingdom: John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again 2 he cannot see the kingdom of God

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ok, so God is about justice right? Meaning.. He could have just forgiven the world of its sins but then it would interfere with free will and would have been an injustice.

So, if God sent Jesus to save our sins.. And if Jesus is God.. Then wouldn't that still be God fixing the problem himself?

It doesn't really make sense to say God is about justice he couldn't fix the problem against free will.. Then say Jesus is God and came to fix the problem.

I believe there is nothing in the Qu'ran to fix the problem.

I believe you sentence doesn't make sense. I believe free will is only a problem if people make it a problem.

I believe the problem is not sin because that can always be punished and justice is satisfied. The problem with the kingdom is that God provides us freedom from sin but only if that is what we want. How can God tell if that is what we want? If we allow Jesus to remove our sins now, the God can be sure we want them removed in the Kingdom.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Now I need to brush up on this some more. I’ll be reading the gospels again to see what Jesus says about His kingdom, and then looking for clues in them and in the rest of the New Testament, about what attracts people to it. He says people can enter His kingdom by following Him, but why would anyone want to? What is there to see and do in His kingdom, and how can a person know that, to decide if it’s worth all the time and effort, for them, to get into it?

I believe the Kingdom of God is already here in spirit and it is a precursor of the physical kingdom. So look at the fruit of the spirit and you will see what we want ie love, peace, joy.
Luke 17:21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I believe this is what Jesus said about entry into the Kingdom: John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again 2 he cannot see the kingdom of God
Thank you. I think that’s an important part of the story. I’ll be thinking about that some more when I read the gospels again.

The Anointed

My philosophy is based on the realization we can't prove anything to be true. Not a book that says do this and don't do that or you'll be punished. Nor does my books have rape, murder, or slavery in them.

If the books you read do not have rape, murder, or slavery in them, then you are reading books of fiction and not books that reflect the world around you.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
God provides us freedom from sin but only if that is what we want.
Exactly. Part of what He offers is freedom from our desires making our decisions for us, but He doesn’t impose that on us. We can take it or leave it. Part of what I’ll be meditating about when I read the stories again will be, how does it happen that people want it, and what are some honest and responsible ways to help with that? Maybe anyone who sees Jesus clearly enough will want to follow Him. I think that part of what is hiding Jesus from people now, and repelling them away from Him, is some of the beliefs that all the Christian churches are promoting. I think that people need to hear the story without all the beliefs attached to it.

Last edited: