• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for Scripture Explicitly Forbidding Same-Sex Marriage

MJFlores

But will you be happy with His judgement? Or will you insist God harass people currently in vilified minorities?

Countries have laws that allow these marriages
Others do not
And that is the reality of things

WorldMarriageMapJune2015.png

Kelly of the Phoenix

We are not speaking of human law, though. I want to know if you accept God's judgement if it runs counter to what you feel you have been taught about what should happen to certain people.

When Peter dreamed of unclean foods, God put him on blast for DARING to consider ANYTHING He made "unclean". Yet we see countless Christians do exactly that for no real reason other than tradition said so.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A. I don't care for Paul. I find him to be a Trojan Horse virus in Christianity.
Taking Paul out of Christianity would be a lot like taking Moses out of Judaism: he's so woven into the religion that if you remove him, you're really talking about a different religion.

I don't like Paul either, but I don't think we can ignore him if we're talking about Christianity.

MJFlores

People have the rights to be happy.
Even LBGT have rights under the laws of the state.
They should not be persecuted because they are LBGT
They should not be discriminated because they are LBGT
upload_2017-5-3_21-22-48.jpeg

In the Bible these are what I read:

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 1 John 2:15

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Taking Paul out of Christianity would be a lot like taking Moses out of Judaism: he's so woven into the religion that if you remove him, you're really talking about a different religion.

I don't like Paul either, but I don't think we can ignore him if we're talking about Christianity.
That is kinda the problem folks like Kelly and I have with "Christianity" . Paul is such a big thing that it's hard to tell how much of it is Jesus and what parts are really Paulism.
This is particularly irritating when somebody starts an assertion with "God says..." and goes on to quote Paul. Paul never even met Jesus.
Tom

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That is kinda the problem folks like Kelly and I have with "Christianity" . Paul is such a big thing that it's hard to tell how much of it is Jesus and what parts are really Paulism.
It's all "Paulism". All of early Christianity that forms the basis of Christianity today either came from Paul or his followers directly or was filtered through them.

(Edit: the New Testament, I mean. Obviously, we have sources for the Old Testament that don't come through Paul)

This is particularly irritating when somebody starts an assertion with "God says..." and goes on to quote Paul. Paul never even met Jesus.
Tom
Frankly, I see no reason to believe that the Gospel writers met Jesus either. The author of Luke even makes a point of saying that his gospel is hearsay.