• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for people who have some aim or purpose in these forums

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Have you learned any wisdom from your experiences, about how to understand what others are saying, and how to explain your position?

After many years posting on various forums, I have learned that you cannot impart wisdom to fools and you can't convince someone of anything against their will.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.
I post here chiefly to defend the idea that science and religious belief can coexist perfectly happily, contrary to what religious fundamentalists and the New Atheists would have us think.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I'm here for a couple of reasons. One of them is to try to build bridges of understanding between people of different faiths and to promote tolerance between people with different worldviews. The other is to try to set the record straight when it comes to information about Mormonism, i.e. to clear up the multitude of misconceptions about my religion that exist.
Would you like to be able to do any of that better than you do now?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Because if you would, it might help to talk to someone about it.
If you have suggestions for suitable people, I suppose most likely people with teaching experience who think and communicate clearly and concisely, I'll bear them in mind. I've met one or two here already.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
If you have suggestions for suitable people, I suppose most likely people with teaching experience who think and communicate clearly and concisely, I'll bear them in mind. I've met one or two here already.
Have you had any discussions with them, about how to defend the idea that science and religious belief can coexist perfectly happily, to get ideas from each other and encourage each other, in doing that in these forums?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Have you had any discussions with them, about how to defend the idea that science and religious belief can coexist perfectly happily, to get ideas from each other and encourage each other, in doing that in these forums?
That's my business.

exchemist

Veteran Member
By the way I've just reported you as a possible robot.

Nothing personal, but the repetitive template answers you are giving in this thread, coupled with the constant questioning, while offering little or nothing about your own positions, look rather bot-like to me. ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I would not ever do that, especially to you. But then, you are doing so many things. I am not sure of your purpose in the forum, if there can be one other than exchanging views with other various people.
Would you like to be able to do that any better than you’re doing it now?
I do not think I can.

Last edited:

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
Brahman @Jim, not that it must be like that necesserely, but Brahman Jim and some others here, seems like after "Bauernfängerei" (possible not the best transl.: dupery; farmer-catching) in the kind you do topics merely for "entertainment" without giving anything at fist place of you "own". Just thought to tell it since most wouldn't even if seeing. While surely the most act on own interest, most would not do such with system and organised, merely not smart, of what could be not said here easily.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I would not ever do that, especially to you.
I believe you. I apologize. When you say or insinuate that I’m trying to recruit members for my religion, that’s equivalent to saying that I’m lying about what I’m doing, but I believe you that you don’t intend it that way.

Daemon Sophic

I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.
As with most conversations. My purpose is to learn and to teach.
What would you like to discuss?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
As with most conversations. My purpose is to learn and to teach.
What would you like to discuss?
If you would like to be able to do that better, and if you’d like to have someone to talk to about that, or about what you’ve been learning, I’m volunteering.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My aim is principally to explain the variety in Hinduism. In addition, I am an atheist, so I pick up on people who are overly theistic, Hindus or others, though that is not my main aim. I do that casually.. :D

I'm the same on Hinduism ... watch for gross misconceptions, and attempt to correct them. The other stuff, occasionally I'll comment if it intrigues me, but I have no real purpose. That varies on how much free time I have.

Of course my other main aim is to provide a balance to your atheistic Hinduism.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
... you do topics merely for "entertainment" without giving anything at fist place of you "own" ...
Your intentions look friendly to me, but that’s so blatantly false that I’m wondering why you would want to think that about me.