• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for people who have some aim or purpose in these forums

Jim

Nets of Wonder
My current aim is to not get banned from RF. I have a unfortunate track record on Forums with a trail of big boots and not to ever come backs, maybe I have had two or more strikes here already as well..... :D.......Such is life. ;)

Regards Tony
I’ve had a warning for proselytizing, and one for posting in a discussion for Christians only. My own fault both times for reckless driving. Would you be willing to discuss your thoughts with me about how to not get banned?

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.
What's Brahman Jim's aim, Brahman Jim's purpose?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
That isn’t how it looks to me.

How have I misunderstood? I see you as someone frustrated because you can't seem to get your message across.
Its not that your message isn't a good one, but perhaps loses something in the translation?

Would you be willing to discuss with me your thoughts about how to educate and be educated, and your experiences with that?

Sure...what would you like to discuss?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
How have I misunderstood? I see you as someone frustrated because you can't seem to get your message across. Its not that your message isn't a good one, but perhaps loses something in the translation?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was asking if you were volunteering to put some time and effort into trying to understand what I think my aims and purposes are in the forums. It looks to me like there's a big difference between what you think my aims and purposes are, and what I think they are.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.
My aim is principally to explain the variety in Hinduism. In addition, I am an atheist, so I pick up on people who are overly theistic, Hindus or others, though that is not my main aim. I do that casually.
Brahman Johann, it is as mysterious as 'Buddha-dhatu', though he keeps on starting topics after topics. Quite helpful to the forums. Keeps people engaged. :D

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I would need to see some reasons to think that you’re willing to put a lot of time and effort into understanding what I think my aims and purposes are, before I would try to explain it. That’s nothing against you. That would apply to anyone who would ask me what my aims and purposes are.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I’ve had a warning for proselytizing, and one for posting in a discussion for Christians only. My own fault both times for reckless driving. Would you be willing to discuss your thoughts with me about how to not get banned?

Ha ha...driving more carefully can be just as dangerous. ;)

I am better being quite on this subject. I have given my ideas in the past.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Simple. When I see people needing a clarification, I post my views. You are a Bahai, you are on a membership drive because your numbers are small, so you would like more people to join you. I find that natural. After all, that is where from the money for promotion of your creed and construction of your temples would come from.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'd like you to tell me some of your thoughts about how to educate and be educated, and your experiences with that.

It's rather simple....read and understand what others are saying.

When you see something that is misrepresented about your faith, explain your position and back up what you say.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
I would need to see some reasons to think that you’re willing to put a lot of time and effort into understanding what I think my aims and purposes are, before I would try to explain it. That’s nothing against you. That would apply to anyone who would ask me what my aims and purposes are.
So Brahman Jim is merely one of the stingy. Thought how much time he invests to try to tell it "through the flowers", possible not even a good calculated stinginess.

How ever, my person has all time on earth to listen and reproach if wished. My person doesn't have much desires, and not busy for a livelihoods supply or gains.

(Just one thing: my person would not do such "privately", but if he doesn't think it's good to talk within his target, he should feel, like others, always invited here, where are also proper not public areas, yet not "private", since community is always a good protection)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was asking if you were volunteering to put some time and effort into trying to understand what I think my aims and purposes are in the forums. It looks to me like there's a big difference between what you think my aims and purposes are, and what I think they are.

Do you think that you have some sort of mission here?

Or do you just have beliefs and ideas you want to share?

Either way, all you can do is offer your view.....you can't force people to accept it regardless of how good or beneficial you believe it is.

How will discussing it be of benefit? It is what it is.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It's rather simple....read and understand what others are saying.

When you see something that is misrepresented about your faith, explain your position and back up what you say.
Have you learned any wisdom from your experiences, about how to understand what others are saying, and how to explain your position?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I am already sufficiently wise. I do not to cross the forum limitations (I do not visit Abrahamic and other forums where I would be unwelcome) and keep the discussion honest and civil.
I agree that you do that, and I think very well.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I hope I qualify. I visit the memorial of Ted Bundy's first victim next Saturday to pay her homage and respect. It is a plaque, and memorial, as a humane society, for her father was a veterinarian and she loved animals. She died memorial day.

There is also an Empire of souls who have left their bodies behind that I pray for. I attend mass, receive holy communion, and pray for their intentions.

With Napoleon Bonaparte, Charlemagne, Alexander the great, Francisco Franco, Benito Mussolini, and all angels, saints, kami, souls in purgatory, entities, and heavenly beings, I am laying siege to heaven, seeking a transfer of power. I've got an Empire to serve!
Thank you! :smile:

I’m not looking for just any kind of one on one. I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in mind, in posting in these forums.

Then again ... were you volunteering to try to understand some aim or purpose of mine?