• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for people to practice community life ideas with, in Internet discussions

MNoBody

the examples are too many and often subtle, but when people make sincere effort to communicate what they know and add to a discussion they ought not be ignored because they are new to a forum, or have perhaps different views.....how did those come about?
did the person look into it, and have some validation that encouraged that idea? or are they merely repeating hear-say?
Open-ness and effort are markers of what you are asking IMO.

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m thinking of this in a different way now. Maybe people can post examples of what they’ve seen other people doing in Internet discussions, fo hellp make them more friendly and fun for everyone, and more fruitful and beneficial.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Examples posted here might give me ideas about what to look for in the discussions, to encourage and support with friendly comments and questions.

MNoBody

well, imagine this is your table at the cafe and i have been sitting there and chatting with you...I came in here as it is isolated out in the field...virtual cafe's are social hubs....
not much different than if I go to the local pub or lamasery and meet new people...

Jim

Nets of Wonder
What I’m planning to do about this now is to look for things that other people are doing in the discussions, to help make them more friendly and fun for everyone, and more fruitful and beneficial for us and for the world around us. When I see people doing those things, I’ll try to encourage and support them with friendly comments and questions. This thread is for people to post ideas and examples for that. Here are some examples if what I’ve seen:
... a person might say they start threads in the jokes forum, to help make the forums more fun for everyone. They might say that they try to understand what people are thinking and help them explain it to others. They might say that they try to remember not to post until they can do it with friendly feelings towards everyone. They might say that they post friendly comments to people sometimes when they might be feeling unwelcome. They might say that they help welcome newcomers. They might say that they’re trying to learn better ways to explain their ideas, to make them easier to understand. They might say that they’re trying to learn better ways to avoid spreading misunderstandings and misinformation and to help counteract them. They might say that they try to find interesting and fun things for people to discuss.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’ve found what I was looking for when I started this thread. Actually I already found it many months ago, but I wanted more of it. Now I know where to look, and where not to look.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
This reminds me of the story of the man who was searching in the street for his key.

Last edited:

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
I just finished writing a pamphlet, that you may find interesting. It has a lot of the philosophies that started the original church, started by Jesus' Apostles, back before Christianity began. These are not Christian views, they are more pre-christian. Anyway, check it out, and let me know if you find anything that needs to be changed.

http://worldpeacechurch.org/WPC-Pamphlet.pdf

In looking at some of the other replies, I'm not so sure I understood correctly. When you said "community", I was assuming you were talking about community, as in a place where people live, as in creating an intentional community or commune, a new system of society sort of thing...

Last edited:

MNoBody

I just finished writing a pamphlet, that you may find interesting. It has a lot of the philosophies that started the original church, started by Jesus' Apostles, back before Christianity began. These are not Christian views, they are more pre-christian. Anyway, check it out, and let me know if you find anything that needs to be changed.

http://worldpeacechurch.org/WPC-Pamphlet.pdf
the world has a problem, specifically , humanity, yes.
people have never it seems understood true 'wealth', what that would mean from a perspective not mired with the existential patina of ignorance that comes from the limitations of mortality.
love is said to be the real currency,
and you will know them by their love. hmmmm.