• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for discussion

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. The question of origin. How does your belief define where we came from?
2. The question of meaning. What is the meaning of life according to your worldview?
3. The question of morality. What does your worldview say about moral truth?
4. The question of destiny. What happens after death according to your worldview?
An atheist Hindu believing in non-duality (Advaita).
1. Origin: Existence and non-existence are two phases of physical energy. The universe arose randomly.
2. Humans are social animals. We need to fulfill the laws of society for peace and happiness.
3. Simple. To help people is merit, to pain others is sin. Devolves from #2.
4. After death, chemical recycling.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Greetings!

While you're here, join us for breakfast (for free if you don't get caught) in the staff cafeteria.
hqdefault.jpg

Sorry....I googled "fancy feast", & got this.
Next time, I'll try "sumptuous feast" for better results...I hope.
Quarantine rations?

Lonely

We are all "drops" from a Divine "ocean" in essence part of that ocean while apparently being separate from it.

The meaning and goal of life is to be united with God through love.

Human morality varies with individuals and cultures. Divine morality is unchanging and is based on the law of Love. (Christians know this as the two "greatest commandments")

For the vast majority, we go to the astral plane where we review our past lives. Lives that are on balance positive result in the satisfaction and happiness that is called heaven. Negative lives result in unhappiness that is called hell. Neither are eternal. Once the lesson of the life just lived has been absorbed and experienced, we are reborn in new bodies to continue our journey to God.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome to RF, we are an odd bunch here (although i can only speak for myself) so the answers to your question may seem unreal in some cases. Mine for example come from my atheist mindset

1. The question of origin. How does your belief define where we came from?

From my mothers womb, in the wider sense we evolved from ape like creatures?

2. The question of meaning. What is the meaning of life according to your worldview?

I don't think there is any meaning other than to do the best you can with the life you have got.

There was once a computer that spent seven and a half million years to calculate a similar question. "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything"

The result was 42

3. The question of morality. What does your worldview say about moral truth?

Morality is a human trait, without it no civilisation could flourish to the extent that it was able to form religions who could claim morality as their own and reject anyone who didn't follow their religion as immoral.

4. The question of destiny. What happens after death according to your worldview?

Ahh, an easy one, here is the quick version. At death brain function ceases, organs begin to deteriorate. Eventually we break down into our component molecules and atoms. The law of conservation of matter ensures that our components are reused. In the future atoms and molecules that are what you are before death will go to create new stuff, a blade of grass, a tree, a worm, another human being, In that way we are all made of dead people. Much further in the future some of those atoms may help power a new sun which shines down on a new planet and help life to get a foothold there.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Nice answers Christine. Regarding number 4, I converted my mother into blue flowers that live outside my back door. Very pretty she is, too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nice answers Christine. Regarding number 4, I converted my mother into blue flowers that live outside my back door. Very pretty she is, too.

Not used a parent yet but...
We recently did that with a beloved cat, buried her ashes under her favourite rosebush, we hope this years blooms will be magnificent?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It is for classes in Apologetics I am taking. The basic premise is that every worldview must answer those 4 questions to be a complete system.

Further I want to thank everyone for participating. I will be summarizing some of the answers. There is so much here I want to debate but in keeping with my assignment I am only listening to what you all have said. Thanks again!
Stick around and debate later. We absolutely get a thrill when we debate. ;)

idea

Question Everything
It is for classes in Apologetics I am taking. The basic premise is that every worldview must answer those 4 questions to be a complete system.

Further I want to thank everyone for participating. I will be summarizing some of the answers. There is so much here I want to debate but in keeping with my assignment I am only listening to what you all have said. Thanks again!

If the class asks you to listen, without argument, without contention, just really really listen - that would be the best sort of apologetic s there is I think. It all comes down to listening, finding things to connect - that can be agreed upon - that is where real meaning comes from, charity, and listening.

Blessings to you on your assignment!

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal" (1 Corinthians 13:1)