• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a good date for a group ritual by pagans or wiccan.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi everyone and peace upon you all.

I'm looking for a pagan or wiccan group sort of rituals on some given important day before October, if there isn't any, I would not mind any sort of group ritual that I want to take part to observe but the ritual should be to try to cause an mystical experience by different members (everyone has their own subjective experience I understand) by a group sort of thing.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hi everyone and peace upon you all.

I'm looking for a pagan or wiccan group sort of rituals on some given important day before October, if there isn't any, I would not mind any sort of group ritual that I want to take part to observe but the ritual should be to try to cause an mystical experience by different members (everyone has their own subjective experience I understand) by a group sort of thing.

If you are looking for something more transcendental, don't look for a Pagan Ritual, look more for a guided Journeywork, or something along those lines (Can still be pagan oriented). Guided meditations and the like are more apt to produce a more "mystical" experience. But some of the more important Pagan holidays coming up are Mabon (Sept 23), and Samhain (Oct 31/Nov 2), so try looking for things on those days.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you tell me about Mabon, and how would I go just to participate in a group ritual linked to that? I also want to research the back ground of the ritual and then participate.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Tonight. Full moon. The symbol of a Goddess pregnant with Life.

I write poetry to the full moon, and recite it by candlelight after an offering to various facets of existence that influence me. You could have members of the group write a line or statement to the moon and have each recite it to the moon.

This has its own kind of transcendence as it acknowledges the influences of natural cycles and the individual in the whole.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada... there is a lot of pagans here, but I need to know if it's okay for me to show up without telling them ahead of time. And what should I wear, etc, and can you give me some background info?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Plan a ritual of Thanksgiving for all the Old."

How do I go tonight lol

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Can you tell me about Mabon, and how would I go just to participate in a group ritual linked to that? I also want to research the back ground of the ritual and then participate.

Depending on the culture, it is mostly taken to symbolize a returning of the dark half of the year (darkness championing over light), and one of the harvest festivals. Look up Pagan groups near you online, or try a phone app (I use meetup) and look at their ritual schedules many will state when and where they do rituals, if they are open to the public, etc.

Pagan groups in Ottawa - Meetup

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I want to do this healing ritual:

How to Prepare for and Participate in a Full Moon Ritual

Am I allowed showing up without letting them know ahead of time and can someone help me find such a place (I live in Ottawa, Canada)

I tend to be a solitary, but I would say it would be best to get to know a group, especially on short notice. I may have misread your post: I thought you already had your own group. Apologies! But, the right group may be very open...

As for attire, that would also depend on the group and your own purpose and path.

If you want to do something tonight, going solitaire isn't a bad thing. Listening to some powerful music while moongazing is pretty potent magic. Leaving an offering of food for animals, spirits, gods, the Earth, the Sun, the Moon is always good.

And poetry. Recite some poetry. The Moon loves poems.