• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a Goddess

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Look at my title.
Kidding, sorry. I couldn't help myself! :p

Btw what do you mean by light rituals?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hmm, how do you feel about Isis, Amaterasu, Shakti, Durga, Kali, to mention a few out of my head?

Treks

Hekate can be helpful in terms of guidance and her rituals are once a month.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, I might as well suggest my Matron - Lady Lilith, the fierce Queen of the Night:

314px-lilith_28john_collier_painting29.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Just curious; I thought that most pagans believed that instead of finding gods, gods find you. Or am I totally off on that one? I forgot who I heard it from though...

Treks

Certainly when I was a Pagan, Hekate would have been my very last choice. My understanding of Her was as a crone Goddess of witchcraft and ghosts (whilst true of later Roman Hecate, the earlier Greek Hekate is much more 3-dimensional as a being [see what I did there? teehee]). I would definitely say I was picked up by Her, rather than the other way around. And then began a close relationship that lasted a few years until I got the message that She wanted me to move in the direction She was suggesting, and I formally said goodbye and thank you.

And while we're sharing pics...
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs48/PRE/f/2009/219/a/6/Hecate_by_HypnoticIllusion.jpg

It's a big pic so I didn't embed it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just curious; I thought that most pagans believed that instead of finding gods, gods find you. Or am I totally off on that one? I forgot who I heard it from though...

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is not meant as advice against learning about deities, but rather to be aware of and receptive to signs from them.

Most pagans seem to have hardly any worries about people learning about their deities, although misrepresentation might be an issue, of course.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is not meant as advice against learning about deities, but rather to be aware of and receptive to signs from them.

Most pagans seem to have hardly any worries about people learning about their deities, although misrepresentation might be an issue, of course.

Yeah, agreed.

Treks

I think you'll find most Pagans don't have a problem with it because they don't have a sense of ownership over them.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think you'll find most Pagans don't have a problem with it because they don't have a sense of ownership over them.

I suspect Sum of Awe may have meant that in a 'worship' type way, however, goddesses can also be symbolic, so we would 'find' them for that.