• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a book

rosends

Does anyone have access to a travel size edition of the Stone Chumash with a printing date of AFTER 1998?

If so, please take a look at page 983 and tell me what the last line in the English translation reads.

I don't know if there is a problem with the regular sized edition so if someone has one of those and can let me know (and the publishing date of the edition you are using) that would be helpful as well.

TIA,
Dan

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
8[9] "... a Land where you will eat bread without poverty-- you will lack nothing there; a Land whose stones are iron and from whose mountains you will mine copper."

1994 last copyright but I can't find any citation as to when mine was actually printed.

rosends

8[9] "... a Land where you will eat bread without poverty-- you will lack nothing there; a Land whose stones are iron and from whose mountains you will mine copper."

1994 last copyright but I can't find any citation as to when mine was actually printed.
Is that in the travel size or the regular size?
In my 1998 printing I have the same thing, but the next page begins with the last four words of verse 10, so the bulk of verse 10 is missing in the English. I want to see if they ever fixed this.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is that in the travel size or the regular size?
In my 1998 printing I have the same thing, but the next page begins with the last four words of verse 10, so the bulk of verse 10 is missing in the English. I want to see if they ever fixed this.
Verse 10, which is on p.985, reads as such: "You will eat and you will be satisfied, and bless Hashem, your God, for the Land that He gave you".

I have the regular size Chumash.

rosends

Verse 10, which is on p.985, reads as such: "You will eat and you will be satisfied, and bless Hashem, your God, for the Land that He gave you".

I have the regular size Chumash.
Thanks -- so I guess this is a travel sized typo.