• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lonliness

Yerda

Veteran Member
I've been very busy lately. I've decided to do a masters this year, got work, I've been catching up a lot with friends I haven't seen in a while, spending time with my partner and our dog, see the family when I can and my wee nephew comes round to stay roughly one night per week. I don't think I've ever been this occupied. I basically have no time where this isn't something productive I can be doing.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I feel quite lonely. My other half works nights, and usually I get a wee pang of loneliness not long after she leaves for work but it passes quickly. Lately I feel lonely around her and others.

What is that all about?

Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

I'm also having really intense dreams. Vivid and overwhelmingly meaningful, if that makes any sense. I don't know if that's related.

Also, I've mispelled the title. Which is annoying.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you ever wanna talk just pm me and I can share my number if you want to talk via phone you can call private number or whatever. No pressure though.

Loneliness sucks, but you are never alone.:blueheart:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've been very busy lately. I've decided to do a masters this year, got work, I've been catching up a lot with friends I haven't seen in a while, spending time with my partner and our dog, see the family when I can and my wee nephew comes round to stay roughly one night per week. I don't think I've ever been this occupied. I basically have no time where this isn't something productive I can be doing.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I feel quite lonely. My other half works nights, and usually I get a wee pang of loneliness not long after she leaves for work but it passes quickly. Lately I feel lonely around her and others.

What is that all about?

I'm also having really intense dreams. Vivid and overwhelmingly meaningful, if that makes any sense. I don't know if that's related.

We can sometimes feel lonely around others, especially if we aren't connecting with them in ways that are meaningful to us and them.

Maybe plan some quality time with those you care about?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Cuddle partner?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...for-cuddles-and-its-not-what-you-might-think/

rs_1024x759-140924140323-1024.Cuddling-Cats.ms.092414_copy.jpg

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

What is that all about?

When you're with each other, are you actually with each other, or doing separate thing, on separate devices, not talking, etc? I feel terribly lonely when I'm with people that are all off in their own world or ignoring me with their phones... there's a song with a saying that says "if I must be lonely, I think I'd rather be alone", and its always rang true for me.

Another possibility is the stimulation of being so busy leaves the 'down times' when you're just simply with someone but not doing anything kind of like a depression... you get used to being 'up'(because you have to be), so now this feels like being low.

I think any period of more intense emotion brings more intense dreams.

We Never Know

No Slack
We can sometimes feel lonely around others, especially if we aren't connecting with them in ways that are meaningful to us and them.

Maybe plan some quality time with those you care about?

@Jaiket what @The Hammer said. There are times when we got lonely and get used to it and then feel lost/disconnected around others. I would suggest to change it ASAP if possible so it doesn't become a habit/part of the norm.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

What is that all about?

That is interesting that you have all those people in your life yet you are lonely. I only have one person in my life, my husband, and he sits in a chair watching TV most of the time. If/when we talk it usually turns into an argument, so we hardly ever talk, except about mundane things. I am alone most of the time except for the 8 cats, but I have never been lonely. At least I never feel lonely. That might be because I am always yakking on this forum, I dunno. It might also be because I am an introvert, and introverts don't generally feel lonely even though they are alone a lot.

I work at home now and I am no more lonely than I was when I worked in the office and was around people all day long. I think that loneliness is a state of mind, not necessarily related to how many people you have in your life.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah, like me and my husband. :( He's here, but it is as if he is not here.

It's not the ideal way to live but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it but adjust to it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I sometimes wonder if I would be lonely if I did not have the cats because they are the best company, but I am not about to experiment and find out! Once in winter 2012 my husband and I went on a short vacation without any cats and I missed them so much that I wanted to go home. That was the last vacation we have been on.

When we had only four cats, we took them on our vacations but now we have too many to take and it would be hard on them so I would not even try it.

Last edited: