• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Longest Thread in History

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Well, amen to this - and here's my daily contribution to the thread!

I had the worst headache of my life some years ago when I tried to stop cold turkey - when I finally gave in and made myself a cup, the headache was gone in 5 minutes, I kid you not. I only drink it in the mornings now, so that if I have to skip it for a medical test it's not quite so traumatic haha

anna.

but mostly it's the same
So I've been told. I have never experienced that.

But then again, I've always given my body caffeine when it was expecting some.

Once in a while I've had a medical test (a heart stress test) where I couldn't have caffeine in any form for 24 hrs ahead of time. By switching to only having coffee in the morning, I've lessened the effect as much as possible. :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Let me tell you how bad it is for me. I set up my coffee to have it ready for me first thing in the morning. I don't have to wait for it, I don't have to clean anything or pour any water anywhere - all I do is stumble into the kitchen and pour that cup of coffee and life is immediately better.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Let me tell you how bad it is for me. I set up my coffee to have it ready for me first thing in the morning. I don't have to wait for it, I don't have to clean anything or pour any water anywhere - all I do is stumble into the kitchen and pour that cup of coffee and life is immediately better.
The coffee has you well trained:D

anna.

but mostly it's the same

Hah! I'm almost that bad. I don't set it on auto, since I don't wake up at the same time every day, but I do prep it the night before so all I have to do is stumble into the kitchen and press the button. :D

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hah! I'm almost that bad. I don't set it on auto, since I don't wake up at the same time every day, but I do prep it the night before so all I have to do is stumble into the kitchen and press the button. :D
Solving the problem of making a coffee - without accidents - without having had a coffee.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Oh I have mine set to stay warm for four hours, and to start at 6:30 so I give myself a lot of wiggle room - literally! I mean, I am going to get up somewhere between 6:30 am and 8:30 am any day.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
my daily contribution to the length of this thread is to note that I often get up in the morning, drink a bunch of coffee...and promptly take a nap.

If I drink anything with caffeine after 11 am, I am likely to not fall asleep before 1 am...

So, on short sleep because of caffeine, I drink a bunch of coffee and take a nap again...

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I myself make my coffee in my single serving machine, a simple two and a half tablespoons and 16 oz of water. No filter or anything, just hit the button. (Don’t forget to put the cup beneath the dripping part!)

Then as it is making it I pour and eat a bowl of cereal, takes about 10 minutes. Then I shower, takes about 15 minutes. Then I drink my coffee. If I don’t have it first thing in the morning I will not rely on it to wake up and therefore avoid caffeine addiction, so they say.

I also don’t drink it every morning. Just 5/7 mornings