• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOL, Odin is my God

Goblin

Sorcerer
odinandicegians1.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It is a scientific fact that Odin was born 3300 BCE years ago and was a historical human being, he died from an arrow attack.

Uh.... that's news to me. If it's a scientific fact, where's the physical evidence? Since it's scientific, I assume there was a body found that contains signatures that could not possibly have come from anyone else other than Odin.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
It is a scientific fact that Odin was born 3300 BCE years ago and was a historical human being, he died from an arrow attack.

That would rock my world, but, if the great Chieftain Odin had graced the Earth.

I believe it would have been far more thousands of years ago than 5315 years ago, more like 10,000-12,000 or more; if you get lost in the legends and myths the Gods could seem hundreds of thousands of years old, something entirely unfathomable.

Although he was to be immortal in the flesh.

As far as Ice Giants, don't assume those are extinct... I think they're a lot like humans.

Another thing that happened was the idea of physical immortality meaning you were also invincible over undying.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
True, we have his mummy.

If you look at the forensic image of the mummy, you see it's the same as Odin. This is the truth about Odin, he was about only 45 years old when he died.

Uh... I'm looking at the forensic image... and I'm not seeing Odin. I'm seeing a man. Both his eyes seemed intact when he died. Region's wrong, too.

Whiterain

True, we have his mummy.

If you look at the forensic image of the mummy, you see it's the same as Odin. This is the truth about Odin, he was about only 45 years old when he died.

Dude... You buzz kill.

No. No goddamit. Otzi was left there, alone or lost to the environment. If he was anyone they would have spoken of his demise and if he were a Chieftain he would have been given a grand funeral in making of a burial mound or great pyre.

Whiterain

No. NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! jk..

I do not think it's the All Father, while intriguing.

Every other Norseman looks like the All Father... And Odin traveled the realms liberally.

I'm Channeling Odin... ESP...Hmm... Mhmm... Yes sir... Oh, horrible... horrible.

Not him. jk..

Honestly, Otzi is an amazing find but buying into your inconspicuous troll, I do not think it's the Odin.

I believe Odin tattoo'd himself with Futhark runes though.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Krishna died of an arrow wound in 3102 BCE. Odin dies at Ragnarok being devoured by Fenrir. I think this guy got his gods mixed up.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
O
True, we have his mummy.

Odin isn't dead. Ragnarok hasn't ocurred yet. A little, nay a lot of reading of Norse mythology is in order.

Whiterain

O

Odin isn't dead. Ragnarok hasn't ocurred yet. A little, nay a lot of reading of Norse mythology is in order.

What if Ragnarok never happened, was avoided? What if things were resolved coincidentally diplomatically?

No one want's to cross the Fates or Norns, eh? Saying Odin beheaded them is outrageous.

With fate sewn, known, one could act in counter measure, change fate - so how does such magic work?

It would be great to think the Saga's were more contextual than satire. I could work up some outrageous material.

Op is trollin, brah.

Whiterain

Hmm....Here I thought Odin is the biblical Cain. Go figure.

That's metaphysics, m8...

No, he's not.. That's ****ing funny. THAT IS ****ING FUNNY.

Nae, brah, Nae, Kain.

Me imagine Kain like in Spartacus Tv show, with spoilers, with spoilers.

Some think Cain is the missing link, brah... the missing link..

rsz_76355213nxopttnumessinwithsasquatch_2_800x600.jpg

Is comedy.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Compare the mummy's forensic face to the picture of Odin the Wanderer (1896) by George von Rosen - it's quite similar.

I know that picture well... and any similarities are purely coincidence.

I don't think the region is wrong, Odin probably lived in Italy and since then the story about his life was orally transmitted to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Iceland.

If you read about his tools and his life-story, how he died and all that. It resembles Odin, in my opinion.

I don't follow your logic at all. The pan-Germanic God Wodanaz has pretty uncertain origins, but he's likely as Indo-European as the rest of the Aesir.

How does Otzi resemble Odin at all? Please show your work. I'm genuinely confused.

You can read the Burial theory in the article, it suggests Odin or Ötzi was originally buried, but after millennia, it's been destroyed.

Otzi is the name he was given by modern people. We don't know what his real name was, and we'll never know.

Whiterain

I know that picture well... and any similarities are purely coincidence.

I don't follow your logic at all. The pan-Germanic God Wodanaz has pretty uncertain origins, but he's likely as Indo-European as the rest of the Aesir.

How does Otzi resemble Odin at all? Please show your work. I'm genuinely confused.

Otzi is the name he was given by modern people. We don't know what his real name was, and we'll never know.

Darling, might I call you, darling? But I see you brandish yourself a Man... This River Wolf character.

Why don't you prefer their Norwegian (Norge) names?

In my serene delusions the AEsir Gods seem to like their Norwegian names quite a lot.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Darling, might I call you, darling? But I see you brandish yourself a Man... This River Wolf character.

You'll see I name myself a Proud Ergi, thanks. I would like very much not being called darling, as well.

Why don't you prefer their Norwegian (Norge) names?

In my serene delusions the AEsir Gods seem to like their Norwegian names quite a lot.

For of, as I've said many times, I follow an Anglic shape. There were other Folks besides the Northmen, you know.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Ragnarok hasn't ocurred yet.
Yeshua said the wicked are being removed at this time; just the same as many religious texts globally....As for not seeing many Ice Giants; if you could see peoples souls, you'd know there are many still here presently. :innocent:

Whiterain

You'll see I name myself a Proud Ergi, thanks. I would like very much not being called darling, as well.

I apologize, that was fresh of me, I was behind a liter of spiced rum and thought you were a woman...

I prefer the Gods Norwegian names, and believe they prefer their Norwegian names.

I believe they avoided Ragnarok or it happened over several different battles, not one total war.

I believe jörmungandr is dead, I believe Tor killed it with his magic hammer - the remains may be off of Iceland - but if that is true the bones should of decayed centuries ago..

Fenrir died or starved to death but perhaps is an Okami.

In one of my most fantastic hallucinations Fenrir appeared in the sky as clouds, in the cloud off in some mountainous horizon, he also had antlers though, it was glorious.

Fenrir.jpg

I am essentially insane, the Lord's work be done.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I apologize, that was fresh of me, I was behind a liter of spiced rum and thought you were a woman...

I prefer the Gods Norwegian names, and believe they prefer their Norwegian names.

I believe they avoided Ragnarok or it happened over several different battles, not one total war.

I believe jörmungandr is dead, I believe Tor killed it with his magic hammer - the remains may be off of Iceland - but if that is true the bones should of decayed centuries ago..

Fenrir died or starved to death but perhaps is an Okami.

In one of my most fantastic hallucinations Fenrir appeared in the sky as clouds, in the cloud off in some mountainous horizon, he also had antlers though, it was glorious.

Fenrir.jpg

I am essentially insane, the Lord's work be done.

It's all good brother, sometimes brilliant glimpses of truth come out of insanity, temporary or otherwise :)