• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Logic and Morality.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Logic is a tool of morality and morality is a tool of logic. They go together and the emotional and rational mind are meant to work in cohesion. Logic being a tool of morality is obvious but the other way is because desires is what lead people to disbelieve in proofs when they are firm or rely on falsehood when they are conjecture. And so morality must command doubt to only yell when it has a foundation, and follow truth even if from a child, and accept proofs be in from an ancient human of a thousand years back before technology we have today. And it must forbid desires from mixing falsehood and deceiving oneself with respect to this issue. And it must overwhelm despair with hope, and it must open up the vision of the mind to read and the eyes of the soul to reach and see. And it must not play probability of ignorance and make far truths just because they seem strange. All this disciplines of logic cannot be perfect without moral discipline, and if you strive for the truth, God will intervene and find a way for you and guide you on it.

The guidance of God is the guidance, all other "guidance" lead astray, and so you can continue to put tapes on the mouths of God's chosen guides and not unveil the holy wonders in his books due to ignorance you rely on from humans not appointed by God or you can give God a chance.

The methodology of giving God a chance, I've done it. Years I didn't believe in religion, but kept researching. And at point of my life (near the end converting back) I would wake up believing and sleep disbelieving because of the intellectual war between proofs and conjecture, truth and falsehood in my heart, light and darkness, arguments and counter arguments to counter arguments to counter arguments.

I was tired of it and wish I didn't care about it, but, I knew if the treasure (just a little bit of what if it's true was the start) is there, and guidance of God is there, it would be worthy to pay attention to it.

The Quran is a cure for Atheism, Disbelief in Messengers (Deism), Polytheism, Hypocrisy, and every type of harmful sorcery to the soul can be cured by it.

Of course, testifying to it now doesn't prove it. And translations make this an overwhelming task where those who convert go further astray in misguidance and sectarianism and negativity.

I am alone with no one to find on my path. But I don't care. I will fight for my soul and when defeated rise up, because I choose to over and over again to win my soul back.

We can lose some battles, but lose too many, and ignore the war, and you will lose the war. We must on all conditions not lose the war.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Logic is a tool of morality and morality is a tool of logic. They go together and the emotional and rational mind are meant to work in cohesion. Logic being a tool of morality is obvious but the other way is because desires is what lead people to disbelieve in proofs when they are firm or rely on falsehood when they are conjecture. And so morality must command doubt to only yell when it has a foundation, and follow truth even if from a child, and accept proofs be in from an ancient human of a thousand years back before technology we have today. And it must forbid desires from mixing falsehood and deceiving oneself with respect to this issue. And it must overwhelm despair with hope, and it must open up the vision of the mind to read and the eyes of the soul to reach and see. And it must not play probability of ignorance and make far truths just because they seem strange. All this disciplines of logic cannot be perfect without moral discipline, and if you strive for the truth, God will intervene and find a way for you and guide you on it.

The guidance of God is the guidance, all other "guidance" lead astray, and so you can continue to put tapes on the mouths of God's chosen guides and not unveil the holy wonders in his books due to ignorance you rely on from humans not appointed by God or you can give God a chance.

The methodology of giving God a chance, I've done it. Years I didn't believe in religion, but kept researching. And at point of my life (near the end converting back) I would wake up believing and sleep disbelieving because of the intellectual war between proofs and conjecture, truth and falsehood in my heart, light and darkness, arguments and counter arguments to counter arguments to counter arguments.

I was tired of it and wish I didn't care about it, but, I knew if the treasure (just a little bit of what if it's true was the start) is there, and guidance of God is there, it would be worthy to pay attention to it.

The Quran is a cure for Atheism, Disbelief in Messengers (Deism), Polytheism, Hypocrisy, and every type of harmful sorcery to the soul can be cured by it.

Of course, testifying to it now doesn't prove it. And translations make this an overwhelming task where those who convert go further astray in misguidance and sectarianism and negativity.

I am alone with no one to find on my path. But I don't care. I will fight for my soul and when defeated rise up, because I choose to over and over again to win my soul back.

We can lose some battles, but lose too many, and ignore the war, and you will lose the war. We must on all conditions not lose the war.
As long you understand the teaching and you follow it, and you cultivate your mind and body accordingly to the teaching. It does not matter what others say :) because they do not cultivate their body according to the same teaching you do, they will remain blinded by their own ignoranse.

Bear Wild

What is wrong with Polytheism or Atheism? Neither ask or need a cure and have no use for the quran. Hypocrisy can com from the quran as much as any belief.

Bear Wild

Morality can be both based on logic or based on non-logical emotions. I agree that they develop in an interaction between human emotional and logic aspects of the brain but the have been present for 100,000's of years if not longer. Morals come from humans to support human social behavior.