• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Locality must be abandoned (the non-local awareness)

Ostronomos

When the source of human consciousness - the essential component of quantum measurements - decoheres, a classical version of human consciousness becomes what we know as everyday reality.

However, when human consciousness achieves coherence, it can no longer be thought of as an independent entity separate from the external world. Now, the supernatural sciences become your contemporary reality. Such phenomenon as quantum entanglement, where thought affects the probability of an event occurring in reality, is now apparent. Being familiar with this kind of quantum weirdness makes me privy to knowledge that few or none have. You can expect nothing less from the great genius of Nostradamus prophecy. How I achieve this state is another story altogether. But many of you know the secret to my genius and duality.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
...human consciousness - the essential component of quantum measurements...

You seem to have arbitrarily decided that a rather minor interpretation, with little actual support amongst those involved, is a certainty. Any chance of some sort of justification?

Being familiar with this kind of quantum weirdness makes me privy to knowledge that few or none have.

Actually there are plenty of people who are familiar with (i.e. have studied it and have relevant qualifications) 'quantum weirdness' such as entanglement and, as I said, few agree with your assumption that consciousness has anything to do with it.

It also looks to me, from, for example, your claim that "...quantum entanglement, where thought affects the probability of an event occurring in reality..." that you are not as familiar with it as you seem to think you are. Except in the relatively trivial sense that a thought leads to a particular action (measurement), and that may affect the probabilities associated with another measurement, I don't really see have you arrive at that.