• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living with someone who will become fully disabled

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As some of you guys know already, My finceè has psoriasis arthritis and we were hoping that with the treatment she would become better. But the latest update is that she will become worse by time, so as a little family we are preparing for a life where she will become more and more in need of help. But we do not give up hope :) So in the last weeks we have been in meeting with the local government about help to get her a new wheelchair and a mobility scooter and yesterday we got good news, Both wheelchair and mobility scooter will be delivered to our home on Wednesday next week. So finally she will be able to get more out (she been mostly indoor for 3 years now)

Personally I think there is something deeper then psoriasis arthritis in her body but I do not fully know yet. We will not take the sorrow before it happens so we will work hard to get her the best life she can get.

What worries her most is not that she is becoming iller, actually, she worries more that I going to leave her (that is not going to happen) And since we were not able to marry this year we planning a wedding in July next year :)

In a few months, we will be moving from the house we live in currently, and move to a home that is more suitable for her (Handicap apartment) So actually even the situation is difficult for her, things do come together little by little :)

So Living with a disabled person is not something i worry about :)

We take one day at the time.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've seen the love/compassion you write about in action and I honor all who have it. A woman I know married a man who was confined to a wheelchair after an accident. Friends are dealing with loved ones fading because of dementia. Other are showering love on Down's children working very hard to assist their development.

All who do this are living the best manifestation of what humanity is all about.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I've seen the love/compassion you write about in action and I honor all who have it. A woman I know married a man who was confined to a wheelchair after an accident. Friends are dealing with loved ones fading because of dementia. Other are showering love on Down's children working very hard to assist their development.

All who do this are living the best manifestation of what humanity is all about.
She means everything to me, and my way of showing my love to her is to give my time and effort to help her get the best day she can in the situation she experiences :)
But the team around her (4-5 people) makes the day better for both of us. But actually the best time of the day is when we can just be alone and talk for hours :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As some of you guys know already, My finceè has psoriasis arthritis and we were hoping that with the treatment she would become better. But the latest update is that she will become worse by time, so as a little family we are preparing for a life where she will become more and more in need of help. But we do not give up hope :) So in the last weeks we have been in meeting with the local government about help to get her a new wheelchair and a mobility scooter and yesterday we got good news, Both wheelchair and mobility scooter will be delivered to our home on Wednesday next week. So finally she will be able to get more out (she been mostly indoor for 3 years now)

Personally I think there is something deeper then psoriasis arthritis in her body but I do not fully know yet. We will not take the sorrow before it happens so we will work hard to get her the best life she can get.

What worries her most is not that she is becoming iller, actually, she worries more that I going to leave her (that is not going to happen) And since we were not able to marry this year we planning a wedding in July next year :)

In a few months, we will be moving from the house we live in currently, and move to a home that is more suitable for her (Handicap apartment) So actually even the situation is difficult for her, things do come together little by little :)

What medication is she on?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Only Pain reducing medicine

I may be wrong, but there are many great medicines out there for all types of arthritis, even hers. My wife was in a wheel chair with rheumatoid arthritis. She has been on Orencia for years and lives a normal active life. I feel for you and her, but her doctors may be doing her a great disservice if they haven't gotten her to a rheumatologist.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I may be wrong, but there are many great medicines out there for all types of arthritis, even hers. My wife was in a wheel chair with rheumatoid arthritis. She has been on Orencia for years and lives a normal active life. I feel for you and her, but her doctors may be doing her a great disservice if they haven't gotten her to a rheumatologist.
She have been to a rheumatolog and at the moment they have no medicine in Norway that she can use. But it is still early, so she might find medicine soon :)

Riders

yea congratulations sounds good!

This is one topic that has come up with me dating people when my sisters tried to set me up with a guy weighed 500 pounds he was probably getting ready to go into wheel chair too .........hopefully electronic.
My sisters told me I was crazy to turn hom down, I said i thought it was sexist because i was 350 at the time. He was 150 pounds heavier they tried to convince me there was no difference.

But he was not walk and I was. I brought this up to them, I am mentally ill and physically getting bad myself, how do you propose I learn to take care of him let alone help with his chair and everything else.

So I've had a few folks point at me saying I was too picky about picking men but truthfully if theyre disabled they would not be the right pick.

However I did date a guy named Mitch. He was 350 pounds we dated for 4 months maybe 4 times all together. But if they are obese even over 300 its fine with as long as they can get up walk around and take care of themselves.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

She is so fortunate to have you by her side. There are not many men who would be that selfless TBH.

I am glad to hear that you have services available to assist you in her care. So many countries have little to no help in caring for their sick family members. :(

BSM1

What? Me worry?
She is so fortunate to have you by her side. There are not many men who would be that selfless TBH.

I am glad to hear that you have services available to assist you in her care. So many countries have little to no help in caring for their sick family members. :(

From personal experience caring for someone you love is never a chore, it's a privilege.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
From personal experience caring for someone you love is never a chore, it's a privilege.

From personal experience I agree with you.....I have been a full time carer for the last 15 years.....but also from personal experience, men do not always have what it takes to stick around when more is demanded of them than they are willing to give. :( That is the sad reality.....it takes unselfish love to be that person.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
From personal experience I agree with you.....I have been a full time carer for the last 15 years.....but also from personal experience, men do not always have what it takes to stick around when more is demanded of them than they are willing to give. :( That is the sad reality.....it takes unselfish love to be that person.

Agreed...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
To me the disable part of my fianceè is just as lovely as she is without her disability :) When i met her 4 years ago, she was very little affected of the sickness that now make her disable. But when the doctors told us that she would probably be 75-80 % of the time i wheelchair it did not scare me away :) actually it made me love her even more, and still now when the doctor was correct i still love her just as I did the first time i fell in love :) We had planned to get married this year, but because of my own health we had to postpone it to next summer :)
If i was to leave her in the state her health is now, i would be a fool and an idiot. Cant leave someone we are loving, just because the days are a bit difficult :)