• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living in Illusion

Baladas

An Págánach
Sorry, I meant to reply to this sooner...
What I mentioned is just the main idea that I have regarding it. I think the only major way we differ on this might be this:
I wasn't saying that we lose our individuality (and I agree that "merging" would create a duality)...It's hard for me to word this.
I'll give it another try: I'm trying to say that we are most certainly individuals, and that we are real. The illusion (in my mind) is that of separation.
In reality, there is no separation. Therefore, we are One. I was suggesting that the illusion of separation is broken upon death.
I believe that after a period of waiting, that we reincarnate in some form or another.

This doesn't necessarily imply that we would lose our individuality if it were true. You also make an excellent point in saying that we are already One.
This leads me to the thought "so why should we lose our sense of identity or individuality upon death"? Confronted with this question, I don't think that I actually believe that we do.
As to what form we would take while "in-between", I have no clue. I speculate that we would be fully aware of our interconnectedness, while still maintaining that we are distinct.
Like nodes in a great brain, or cells in a great body. Connected, but distinct.

Good thoughts. :)

Your body may die, but you will live on through the meaning you accomplished in life (the effects you brought upon reality). It's all just in transition, and realize you are this transition. Whether or not you agree that this transition is some sort of conscious will, the transition is observable. It is observable that you are part of it. And from that I draw the conclusion that you ARE the transition. You are the universe.
Your wrong, there is the essence of something called time. Time is outside of the universe, it operates throughout the universe and within men. The ability to control time is something we cannot do. God is outside of time and created us with ability to be outside of time. Your faith doesnt and cannot address this.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Your wrong, there is the essence of something called time. Time is outside of the universe, it operates throughout the universe and within men. The ability to control time is something we cannot do. God is outside of time and created us with ability to be outside of time. Your faith doesnt and cannot address this.
What does it mean to be outside of time?