• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living in flow

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings.

I hope you are enjoying your time with us here at the forum this day.

How many of you have heard of Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi?

Here is a little about him and his research into the flow experience -

Who is Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi?

Csikszentmihalyi became a happiness researcher because of the adversity he faced growing up. He was a prisoner during World War II, and he witnessed the pain and suffering of the people around him during this time. As a result, he developed a curiosity about happiness and contentment.

Csikszentmihalyi observed that many people were unable to live a life of contentment after their jobs, homes, and security were lost during the war. After the war, he took an interest in art, philosophy, and religion as a way to answer the question, What creates a life worth living?

Eventually, he stumbled upon psychology while at a ski resort in Switzerland. He attended a lecture by Swiss psychologist Carl Jung, who spoke of the traumatized psyches of the European people after World War II.
Csikszentmihalyi was so intrigued that he started to read Jung’s work, which in turn led him to the United States to pursue an education in psychology. He wanted to study the causes of happiness.

To read a lot more, try this positive psychology site -

8 Ways To Create Flow According to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi [+TED Talk]

Or search for living in flow at YouTube site! Several different videos I am about to watch myself ...

Enjoy your browsing!

:)