• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lives of the Prophets and the Pious Ones

Draupadi

Even though I am a Quranist I find the Quran very much lacking in telling us about the lives of prophets and devout people. I can't even refer to other sources because they are derived from the Ahadith. In addition, some stuff they say are unacceptable (like the Prophet Muhammad made love to his female slaves and the likes). I know this knowledge is not mandatory to worship God and lead a righteous life, but I am curious.

So Quranists, where do you get your doses of such knowledge?

Union

Even though I am a Quranist I find the Quran very much lacking in telling us about the lives of prophets and devout people. I can't even refer to other sources because they are derived from the Ahadith. In addition, some stuff they say are unacceptable (like the Prophet Muhammad made love to his female slaves and the likes). I know this knowledge is not mandatory to worship God and lead a righteous life, but I am curious.

So Quranists, where do you get your doses of such knowledge?

If Almighty ALLAH starts telling us the details of hundreds n thousands of Prophets/Messengers and of virtuous people in Qur'an , I guess , it will become a boring story book .

As you know that each and every story of Qur'an has a message to deliver to the reader , and at the end the purpose of it is to be righteous , as mentioned in the reading :

[039:028] (It is) a Quran in Arabic, without any crookedness (therein): in order that they may guard against Evil.

Almighty ALLAH is aware of that HE , the Exalted didn't mention all the Prophets/Messengers in HIS book and HE , the Majestic mentioned also that only thing we need to know about them is that they all were the bearers of GOD's message for our salvation :

[004:163] Surely We have revealed to you as We revealed to Nuh, and the prophets after him, and We revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and Isa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroun and Sulaiman and We gave to Dawood

[004:164] And (We sent) apostles We have mentioned to you before and apostles we have not mentioned to you; and to Musa, Allah addressed His Word, speaking (to him):

[004:165] (We sent) apostles as the givers of good news and as warners, so that people should not have a plea against Allah after the (coming of) apostles; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[004:166] But Allah bears witness by what He has revealed to you that He has revealed it with His knowledge, and the angels bear witness (also); and Allah is sufficient as a witness.

Draupadi

I am just curious Union. And this is one good point that the Ahadith supporters can come up with against us. I guess we have to wait until the unbiased historians figure the truth out. The story of Prophet Job's trials had helped me to come out of atheism. By the way although it is unnecessary but I think the Quran would have been much more interesting if it contained such stories. That's just me :).

Union

I am just curious Union. And this is one good point that the Ahadith supporters can come up with against us. I guess we have to wait until the unbiased historians figure the truth out. The story of Prophet Job's trials had helped me to come out of atheism. By the way although it is unnecessary but I think the Quran would have been much more interesting if it contained such stories. That's just me :).

I think you like story too much :) . No offense .

Within about 6000 verses Qur'an gave a complete solution for human life , for any time to come . Qur'an has to deal with so many practical issues may arise in social , political , economical , diplomatic fields .

It also dealt with almost all branches of science in an astonishing way that even after 1500 years of its revelation , it is one of top-most scientific books .

You name any discipline of human knowledge, ranging from philosophy to history , geography to anthropology , Qur'an touched all of these smartly , briefly but infallibly .

Hence , naming 25 Prophets and the summary of their life histories in the light of spiritual benefit is proven to be sufficient for its reader .