• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live streaming

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Because of Covid, many Hindu temples do live streaming of pujas. I just watched a Bhairava abhishekham from the Hindu temple of Atlanta. All you have to do is pick a temple, and google it with live streaming. Most websites will show the timings. I've attched pujas from several temples in the UK, as well as the Ganesha temples in New York, and Utah.

It's kind of cool knowing it's happening right now.

My sampradaya also does Zoom satsangs with Satguru giving a talk once a week, repeated once so that the entire world wide congregation can attend conveniently.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh prayer in the 21st century. Cool
I wonder if we can incorporate VR in this
*ponders possibilities*

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I subscribe to Swami Sarvapriyananda's Vedanta lectures (Vedanta Society of New York) on YouTube which he did in front of a group pre-COVID. He now holds them on Zoom.

I also subscribe to the Vedanta Society of Southern California, which holds a live arati every evening on YouTube.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My temple has been doing it for almost a year now. I’ve watched some live pujas from their Facebook page. Later the video is posted to their Facebook page. If you missed the live feed you can still watch it. I don’t know if these virtual methods confer the same blessings as being there. I can tell you though, I did feel something just by watching. If anyone is interested, as I’ve done occasionally, here is the page. Log into Facebook Not everyone uses Facebook, so I don’t know if it’s still viewable.