• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live Discussion between Ahmadi and Ex-Ahmadi

seeking4truth

You can find these two guests in many videos on YouTube.

The presenter presents them as Ahmadis but I think you will find that they are not - at least not longer. I believe they are being dishonest.

If you want to know the true teachings of the Ahmadi Jamaat the only place to find it is on their satellite station mta.tv or from IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website.

I am a european Ahmadi born a Christian and these two do not represent the Ahmadiyyat interpretation of Islam that I know and love.

Monotheist 101

The presenter presents them as Ahmadis but I think you will find that they are not - at least not longer. I believe they are being dishonest.

If you want to know the true teachings of the Ahmadi Jamaat the only place to find it is on their satellite station mta.tv or from IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website.

I am a european Ahmadi born a Christian and these two do not represent the Ahmadiyyat interpretation of Islam that I know and love.

Thanks for the response.

They do bring up a few good points though, So are you saying both of them are not Ahmadi? My mistake then, I thought It was an interesting talk about differences in belief, like not being able to pray behind Imam, even at the grand mosque, please tell me that's made up.

cheers

seeking4truth

No, Ahmadis are like many other Muslims choosing to pray only behind an imam of the same persuasion.

Remember ALL other Muslim communities have claimed that Ahmadis are not Muslims. Some have instigated abuse, attacks and death threats saying that to kill an Ahmadi is a blessed act(God forbid). Is it surprising that for security alone they prefer to stay with someone who believes as they do?

The Persecution of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

Monotheist 101

No, Ahmadis are like many other Muslims choosing to pray only behind an imam of the same persuasion.

Yes but when any Muslim Sunni or Shia visits the big Mosque in Makkah they pray behind the Imam, it does not matter if they are considered Wahabi or Hashemi...

Remember ALL other Muslim communities have claimed that Ahmadis are not Muslims. Some have instigated abuse, attacks and death threats saying that to kill an Ahmadi is a blessed act(God forbid). Is it surprising that for security alone they prefer to stay with someone who believes as they do?

But that's the point that the guy was making in the video, he said that the Ahmadi Scholars prefer this fear and play the community on this fear..

The point you raised about Ahmadi not being Muslims is a valid one, I am not here to judge for Allah but the difference I see between a Muslim and a random is that we believe in the Prophet and what he has said, and it is common knowledge that there will be no more Prophets after him, anyways this is not the debate section, thanks for your reply tho.

I was wondering what the difference between the Ahmadi lahore community and the other one is? Is that only based in India/Qadian?

seeking4truth

The difference between Lahori and other Ahmadis was originally over the authority of Khalifah.
All Ahmadis accepted the institution of Khilafat in 1908 when following the death of the Promised Messiah Hazrat Hakim Noor Uddin was chosen as the first Khalifah.

When he died in 1914 Hazrat Mirza Bashir Uddin Ahmad was elected as the second Khalifah but a few senior members of the jammat, including one or two prominent companions were not happy with the election of a 25 year old to lead them.

They put forward the idea that a council of elders led by an amir and acting as a democratic governing body should be in charge of the jamaat.
Later their views began to merge more into the same ideas as the main body of muslims regarding the prophethood of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

The second Khalifah led the community for 52 years and under his direction it grew to a world wide community, well organised and well educated.

The Ahmadi Muslim community is established and well organised in more than 200 countries of the world.
There are Lahori Ahmadis in UK but I don't know how large that community is now.
I see them a bit like the Zealots in the time of Jesus. Zealots rejected Jesus because they looked to Jesus to be a political leader but turned against him when he claimed to be a peacebringing Messiah intending to change society by changing the moral and spiritual condition of individual people.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Yes but when any Muslim Sunni or Shia visits the big Mosque in Makkah they pray behind the Imam, it does not matter if they are considered Wahabi or Hashemi...

If any Sunni or Shia accepted an Imam Mahdi, would they continue to pray behind those who not only rejected but also abused him?

Is not the importance of having the right Imam itself contained in Imam Mahdi?

Your Imam is your guide, you pick the most righteous to be your Imam, how could an Ahmadi possibly pray behind a non-Ahmadi who rejected a Prophet of God whom the Holy Prophet (saw) ordered to follow when Muslims would be divided like the Jews in the time of Jesus (as). How could one who is not an Imam in Allah's view lead the followers of the true Imam of the Age?

It is against common sense. Comparing Ahmadi to Sunni or Shia is a unfair comparison. Neither is Sunni nor Shia is united and guided under a true Imam, a Prophet of God, and neither are blessed with Khilafat. If we prayed behind such people who in this age have rejected Promised Messiah (as) in majority we would prove ourselves false.

Shia and Sunni division were formed as were the Jewish Sects, from disputes and differences. Ahmadi Jamat was formed under divine guidance at the hands of a Prophet of God, hence cannot be misguided. The same way the Jews who formed the community under Jesus (as) were the saved Jews we are the saved Muslims. The same destruction the Jews who rejected Jesus (as) is being faced by the Muslims who rejected the Jesus (as) of Muslims (Promised Messiah (as). It has been the nature that when a Prophet comes all the signs are fulfilled yet the masses shut their eyes, they deny the wrath of God and excuse it as a normal calamity that will come to pass. They call it a trial and tribulation, yet unlike trial and tribulations they do not overcome it and return to God, rather continue is disbelief and bring upon the ultimate wrath of God.

But that's the point that the guy was making in the video, he said that the Ahmadi Scholars prefer this fear and play the community on this fear..

It is actually quite the opposite. An Ahmadi Muslim will always engage in discussion and speak with non-Ahmadi Muslims. He or She will always be involved in sharing the teachings of the Promised Messiah (as). On the other hand the Sunni and Shia Imam will give speeches on not talking, not eating, not sitting, and not working with Ahmadi Muslims. They will spread falsehood like us being Jewish funded, having a different Quran, 24/7 pretending to be Muslims, etc. Because the reality is that the Ahmadi Jamaat is growing so rapidly due to their cruelties which God punishes them for. The more they persecute the more Allah (swt) brings people into the fold of Ahmadiyyat. Their close friends and families are leaving their fold and they cannot stand it, they are without argument, without reason, admit self-defeat openly many times, and the only way they see fit is to create fear and hatred in the masses. Such would not be needed if they had any ground in the Quran.

The point you raised about Ahmadi not being Muslims is a valid one, I am not here to judge for Allah but the difference I see between a Muslim and a random is that we believe in the Prophet and what he has said, and it is common knowledge that there will be no more Prophets after him, anyways this is not the debate section, thanks for your reply tho.

It is interesting that out of all of the things a Prophet taught it is only the fact that he is a Prophet is offensive. As such was for every other Prophet. There was never any grounds to speak against his teachings, so they always adopted ways to say he cannot be a Prophet. There are so many statements in the Quran that prove no Prophet after Holy Prophet (saw) false, and the biggest sign of truth is the hypocritical belief that Jesus (as) will be last Prophet (in every sense, last to come, last to live, last to bring a law as he is Rasool in Quran). Which is why even clear verses of the Quran are invisible once a person has set his or her mind on falsehood.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Peace be on you....Could you please explain, as much you like, how did you accept your real path and why? jazakAllah

Last edited:

seeking4truth

I have a good general education, was a student of religious studies at school and college, a practicing Baptist Christian.
I lived in a multicultural city and was used to seeing, meeting and teaching people of different cultures.

Islam is the most recent message from our creator and provides us with the straightest path to know Him while not requiring us to reject any of the truth of the older religious messages nor to deny their messengers.

After learning something of the Ahmadiyya explanation of God and our potential to have a relationship with Him I started to pray in the way taught by Islam.

It works.

Since that day more than 40 years ago I have traveled much, learned much and experienced much all of which confirms that this is the right path.
It truly brings peace through submission to the will of Allah which is a beneficent, gracious, merciful, forgiving, just will.