• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Stressed? Let Bob Ross Help!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Bob Ross was a bit before my time, but they stream his painting show on Twitch. It is fantastic to listen to, even if you don't paint (like me)! Enjoy!

Twitch (Link)

Perceptions are certainly subjective. My wife use to watch this but after about the fourth or fifth "...happy little tree..." I found myself harboring homicidal thoughts concerning Ol' Bob.

PureX

Veteran Member
Bob Ross was a bit before my time, but they stream his painting show on Twitch. It is fantastic to listen to, even if you don't paint (like me)! Enjoy!

Twitch (Link)
I recommend just listening and watching him. What he paints isn't really art so much as it's hobby illustration. And the world really doesn't need any more bad hobby-paintings. I do agree, however, that there is something very soothing about watching him demonstrate his craft.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Twitch (Link)

I love me some Bob Ross. My grandmother, before she passed on, used to watch him on PBS. He inspired me to start back painting.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Twitch (Link)
I like Bob Ross. It's just a crying shame to have heard of his tiff between him and Alexander his teacher who had a similar show.

I started off watching Alexander a lot and then got introduced to Bob Ross through his show. He obviously was a good and talented student. Rip to both of them.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Used to watch a lot of Bob growing up.
Did you know he used to be a drill sergeant? Had a big problem with anger and aggression until an epiphany left him with the desire to leave that kind of thinking behind. Good on him. Shame we lost him so young.

illykitty

RF's pet cat

Twitch (Link)

There's also a YouTube channel. I love Bob Ross! His good vibes makes me relaxed and feel at peace. It makes me wish there were more people like this in the world. Plus his paintings are great! I love to watch the transformation from blank canvas to the beautiful art.

As a side note, a lot of people who have ASMR often credit him as one of their first triggers, since he has such a soothing voice, plus the sounds of painting.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Interesting fact I heard just last week, Bob always painted three of the paintings he painted on his show. The first one was off stage and he used it as a guide for the one you saw him paint. The third he painted for his instruction book.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bob Ross was a bit before my time
I always thought you were a bit older than me. :eek:
I've loved Bob Ross since I was a kid. I've never liked painting much, but he has some good tips and advice any artist can use, and it's grand that someone who is so mellow and calm and leave behind such a legacy - no spicing things up or "reality TV" drama was needed, he wasn't a larger than life character, and without glitz and glam his memory lives on and he's still a beloved icon. Armed with only a paintbrush, he achieved a longer lasting legacy than what most gun-toting action heroes can even dream of having.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Perceptions are certainly subjective. My wife use to watch this but after about the fourth or fifth "...happy little tree..." I found myself harboring homicidal thoughts concerning Ol' Bob.
I know exactly what you mean: I say put him and Thomas Kinkaid in a locked room with sharp knives whoever comes out alive gets to get cleaned off with iodine.

Actually, though as far as artistic merit goes, Ross beats out Kinkaid by a long shot. My suggestion: keep Ross and his voice off the air and keep Kinkaid's "art" in a smelting pot.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I often times am left wondering how his son Steve was coming along? Since his father's death it seems like Steven went completely underground and disappeared. Being a gifted painter himself, carrying the Ross name, I figured he might continue his father's work but that never happened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
th