• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Listen, The Word of The Lord

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I am genderfluid, but I used to want to transition. When I picked out a new name, I chose Samantha (my original name was Thomas meaning "the twin" but I found there were enough letters in my first and middle name to anagram out that name). Samantha literally means "Listen, the Word of the Lord" referring to Samuel in the Bible, being the feminine form. I go by Sam not Samantha since I tend to be very fluid now.

What does it mean to listen to God? Well hearing voices in your head is usually out. Human beings cannot typically take messages in a way that makes them seem crazy. They do better in this day and age with symbolism, and with memes. For example, a loved one of yours is born under the Chinese Zodiac of Dog. You see as a commercial talking about pet care and especially "Give your dog a treat that makes them feel special. Choose (whatever the brand name is)" Time to shop for anniversary presents!

As an exercise, find a video or picture or show or comic that has basically "spoken" to you. Tell us what you think it means. Yeah, this means this is a link thread. Sorry.

With God Chapter 5 Online For Free - MangaNelo.com

This manga is decidedly Buddhist, but I also get sorta Jesus vibes from the lawyer since he's supposedly depicted as an advocate.

Anyway, your turn. Show us something that "speaks" to you, why it's so meaningful.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I appreciate the question. There existed a 3-game video game series entitled Golden Sun that did lend itself to helping me deep-think, in its own weird way. And added a bit of spice to my life for quite awhile.

GoldenSunBattle.png

Golden Sun (series) - Wikipedia

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I didn't answer the OP question fully though, so...

I think the point of Golden Sun is taking religious concepts from different religions, not too many are familiar with, and making it into games.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Ice cream in the freezer speaks to me. I can hardly resist its call.

Walking in the woods; also speaks to me. Music... these are obvious answers, but I thought I would reply anyway to show support for the concept in the OP.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some music speaks to me. When some friends sang a song with the lyrics "You say you've never danced before? Come, dance with [God]. This is what you were created for" my tears started melting my icy every day nature.

David T

Premium Member
I am genderfluid, but I used to want to transition. When I picked out a new name, I chose Samantha (my original name was Thomas meaning "the twin" but I found there were enough letters in my first and middle name to anagram out that name). Samantha literally means "Listen, the Word of the Lord" referring to Samuel in the Bible, being the feminine form. I go by Sam not Samantha since I tend to be very fluid now.

What does it mean to listen to God? Well hearing voices in your head is usually out. Human beings cannot typically take messages in a way that makes them seem crazy. They do better in this day and age with symbolism, and with memes. For example, a loved one of yours is born under the Chinese Zodiac of Dog. You see as a commercial talking about pet care and especially "Give your dog a treat that makes them feel special. Choose (whatever the brand name is)" Time to shop for anniversary presents!

As an exercise, find a video or picture or show or comic that has basically "spoken" to you. Tell us what you think it means. Yeah, this means this is a link thread. Sorry.

With God Chapter 5 Online For Free - MangaNelo.com

This manga is decidedly Buddhist, but I also get sorta Jesus vibes from the lawyer since he's supposedly depicted as an advocate.

Anyway, your turn. Show us something that "speaks" to you, why it's so meaningful.
What does it mean to listen to God?
Not that hard. I suppose books and gurus are for the handicapped but thats normal.
"look ma no science no religion no vools neccesary just ears."
IMG_20181125_092608.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I didn't answer the OP question fully though, so...

I think the point of Golden Sun is taking religious concepts from different religions, not too many are familiar with, and making it into games.
I remember Tail of the Sun. (PS 1) There were many religious elements Incorporated into the game, and extremely therapeutic. I still have it too.