• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of Nobel Prizes for Theory of Evolution

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You really got me on that one, Dan. Maybe some day a scientist can prove beyond doubt that the theory of evolution is true. Oh forget prove, it's not provable, right?

Do also complain about theories never being considered proven when it comes to theories like relativity, plate tectonics, germs, atoms, ... etc?

Or is it only a problem when it comes to theories that are inconvenient for the religious beliefs you hold so dear?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why no Nobel Prize for Darwin?

Why no Nobel prize for Jesus?

Not a great theory.

The theory is correct.

And yes, it is a great theory. The theory of biological evolution unifies mountains of data from a multitude of sources, accurately makes predictions about what can and cannot be found in nature, provides a rational mechanism for evolution consistent with the known actions of nature, accounts for both the commonality of all life as well as biodiversity, and has had practical applications that have improved the human condition in areas like medicine and agriculture.

It's alternative, creationism is a sterile hypothesis that can do none of that.

Perhaps you haven't noticed that biblical creationism has already been ruled out by the evidence supporting the theory today. What would result if the theory were falsified? Would the deity of the Bible be restored as a possibility? No. That deity doesn't deceive - at least according to scripture and the beliefs of the billions depending on its promise of paradise in the afterlife being reliable. Imagine discovering that such a deity exists - one willing to lie to you. How terrifying would that be? Do you still want to end up in its heaven for eternity? Do you still believe that it means you well? What if you could opt out by ceasing praying to it the way you are advised now to avoid Ouija Boards and Harry Potter books. Remember eternal life is a chance for eternal suffering.

Falsify evolution, and there is no possibility left but an extremely powerful and deceptive intelligent designer that arranged that evidence into geological strata and assorted biological nested hierarchies just to fool humanity. Who did that? Jesus? Jehovah?

Dark Energy got Nobel Prize. So, in Universe are these three: Dark Energy, Dark Matter, matter. Therefore, if person is religious, he places God as Dark Energy, Paradise as Dark Matter, matter as matter. If person is not religious, he invents new essences, which go against of the Ockham Razor.

You don't understand Occam's razor, just as you don't understand how Nobel prizes are awarded. You revealed that yesterday in another thread. It was explained to you then why gods appear in no scientific laws or theories, and how doing so violates Occam's parsimony principle by adding unnecessary complexity to scientific narratives without adding any explanatory or predictive power, so they have no place in science.

Irreligious people invent new essences? I think you have empiricism confused with theology and faith. The latter is untethered to reality and is thus free to invent whatever it pleases about it and declare it truth just because. How many different kinds of angels do they have in Christianity? Nine, I think, which is two more than the number of dwarves, but the same as the number of Santa's reindeer if one includes Rudolph. All of these are violations of Occam's Razor if one is serious about their existence, as would calling the intelligent designer revealed were evolution ever overturned a supernatural god. Why go there when a more parsimonious alternative is available - advanced extraterrestrials themselves the result of naturalistic processes (abiogenesis and evolution). All supernaturalistic hypotheses violate Occam's Razor if a naturalistic alternative is available, which should always be the preferred hypothesis, since it requires no gods or unseen realms exist.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
You really got me on that one, Dan. Maybe some day a scientist can prove beyond doubt that the theory of evolution is true. Oh forget prove, it's not provable, right?
What can you prove, since you feel you have that ability?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Please, list the names of the Nobel Prizes.
If Darwinism or Theory of Evolution got any Nobel Prize, devil seems to won this fallen world.

So, the first Nobel recognition of Evolution is 2022 AD. Why no Nobel Prize for Darwin? The first prize is 2022 AD. And no single prize before 2022 AD. Not a great theory.

Svante Pääbo
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2022

Born: 20 April 1955, Stockholm, Sweden

Affiliation at the time of the award: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany; Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Okinawa, Japan

Prize motivation: “for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution”

Prize share: 1/1
I have been following the work of Svante Pääbo before it was even cool.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Setting aside the Nobel Prize, the true mark of greatness is getting one's picture on a bubblegum card.

0e667b3d3ed8e2ee31b95eed4b12a9ae.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Has it been verified (by proof, of course)?

I am shure you can read, however just in case you missed it i will repeat. It has NEVER been falsified.

Science does not deal in proof as you well know so why you wrote that i really do not know.

If you can falsify evolution then feel free to publish your method. Otherwise all you are doing is naysaying the mountains of complimentary evidence collected from several different disciplines of science with your refusal to accept the evidence

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I am shure you can read, however just in case you missed it i will repeat. It has NEVER been falsified.

Science does not deal in proof as you well know so why you wrote that i really do not know.

If you can falsify evolution then feel free to publish your method. Otherwise all you are doing is naysaying the mountains of complimentary evidence collected from several different disciplines of science with your refusal to accept the evidence
Bunch of nonsensical talk about no "proof" needed, etc. and etc.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You don't understand science do you.

You want proof rhen give me proof of your god existing
I know you don't believe what the Bible says so those accounts will not be good enough for you but you do bring them to mind, but what proof do you have that God does not exist? (Evolution? :) )

questfortruth

I know you don't believe what the Bible says so those accounts will not be good enough for you but you do bring them to mind, but what proof do you have that God does not exist? (Evolution? :) )
Christine: "give me proof of your god existing"
The god with small "g" does not exist (the satan is god with small g). The God with big "G" does exist.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Please, list the names of the Nobel Prizes.
If Darwinism or Theory of Evolution got any Nobel Prize, devil seems to won this fallen world.

So, the first Nobel recognition of Evolution is 2022 AD. Why no Nobel Prize for Darwin? The first prize is 2022 AD. And no single prize before 2022 AD. Not a great theory.

Svante Pääbo
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2022

Born: 20 April 1955, Stockholm, Sweden

Affiliation at the time of the award: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany; Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Okinawa, Japan

Prize motivation: “for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution”

Prize share: 1/1
Really?
2018 Chemistry Three Evolutionary Scientists Share This Year’s Nobel Prize in Chemistry | Smart News| Smithsonian Magazine

1933 Thomas Morgan
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1933/morgan/article/#:~:text=Thomas Hunt Morgan was awarded,in the fruit fly, Drosophila.
1969 for mutation rate under neutral conditions
Luria–Delbrück experiment - Wikipedia
1946 on discovery of random mutations
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1946
Etc

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I have no proof, i do however have a considerable amount of evidence such as...
The futility of prayer
Childhood leukemia
Unnecessary suffering
Historical narrative
A nd of course the complete lack of falsifiable evidence