• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

list of 14 early warning signs of fascism

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're right. These features have definitely been seen in other countires theoughout history. Luckily, so far they have not occurred here in the U.S.A.

Wellllll..........except for your dynastic #16, since we must count the Bushes along with their dynastic Saudi oil billionaire backers. :rolleyes: Along with those filthy Adams and Harrisons. :mad: Bah!!

Question: Would you count nepotism as part of #16?
I don't think nepotism is a sign of looming fascism.
It's everywhere.
And don't forget that the Clintons tried for #16, & still appear to be grooming their spawn for queendom.

We should think of signs of fascism as each not being an indicator,
but rather as risk factors which combine to become a signal.

Btw, I'd ditch #5 from the OP.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I fear "progressives" have been slipping a bit and now far too often are also guilty of:

2 - disdain for human rights
3 - id of enemies
6 - controlled mass media
15 - attacks on free speech
16 - unhealthy "guilt" concerning defending human rights and secularism

==

I think I'm now a "centrist", and I see too many damaging extremists at every end of the spectrum.
The problem is people who adopt the label of "progressive" without actually being so.

Daemon Sophic

I would also have to wonder what percentage of the figureheads/leaders of any fascist takeover have a military background or training.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I would also have to wonder what percentage of the figureheads/leaders of any fascist takeover have a military background or training.
Franco was a general, Hitler was a corporal, Mussolini I think never made it past private, Salazar never served, Antonescu made it to the Romanian Chief of Staff..

I can probably keep going for quite a while, but I think those are the big ones accounted for.