• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lincoln Project goes after Rich Mitch

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The conservative Lincoln Project is keeping alive my hope that there will be a sane and sensible group of conservatives in the US. I'm not holding my breath nor holding out hope, but it sure would be nice to have real, principled people debating real issues from different perspectives. Heck, I might even agree with the right from time to time if it gave up its love of lies and celebrating the autocrat in the White House.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I share your hope for a return to sanity on the right.

An ideologically ridiculous, reactionary, violent, and unAmerican right wing is bad for everyone -- those on the right and equally those on the left.

The left in the absence of a sane opposition will eventually become radicalized beyond anything we see today. In combination with the right, the two wings will then set to tearing the country apart while neither wing will really address the issues and problems facing average Americans. No one will be left representing the center, which will then provide an opportunity for wannabe tyrants to rise to power through the middle by falsely cloaking themselves in "moderation".

None of this is far-fetched. Such is what has happened before in history. e.g. The rise of fascism in Italy circa 1920s. Several of the world's military coups at various times and places, etc.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The conservative Lincoln Project is keeping alive my hope that there will be a sane and sensible group of conservatives in the US. I'm not holding my breath nor holding out hope, but it sure would be nice to have real, principled people debating real issues from different perspectives. Heck, I might even agree with the right from time to time if it gave up its love of lies and celebrating the autocrat in the White House.

YES!!! YES!!!!!!

ditch mitch YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Amy McGrath is one of the challengers I'm watching with my wallet in my hands, so to speak.