• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limitations?

Arav

Jain
Hello, I decided to put this in the seeking forum because I dont know where else to put it. Could someone please move it if its in the wrong place?

Well, I have run into a problem. I kind of feel as if religions and philosophy put a limit on what reality could be. In Jainism we have hell realms, animal realm, human realm, and God or Celestial realm. But that seems so limiting to me, what if something more is out there? I dont believe in aliens, but what if there are some out there, I believe that there is a possiblity. What if the afterlife is not heaven, hell, reincarnation, or even nothing. What if its something beyond all human comprehension that is so incredebly amazing that we cant even begin to conceive of what it is? What if God is so increadably great, so divine, that we cant understand .00000000001% of him? It just feels limiting, does anyone else feel like this?

lunamoth

Will to love
Hello, I decided to put this in the seeking forum because I dont know where else to put it. Could someone please move it if its in the wrong place?

Well, I have run into a problem. I kind of feel as if religions and philosophy put a limit on what reality could be. In Jainism we have hell realms, animal realm, human realm, and God or Celestial realm. But that seems so limiting to me, what if something more is out there? I dont believe in aliens, but what if there are some out there, I believe that there is a possiblity. What if the afterlife is not heaven, hell, reincarnation, or even nothing. What if its something beyond all human comprehension that is so incredebly amazing that we cant even begin to conceive of what it is? What if God is so increadably great, so divine, that we cant understand .00000000001% of him? It just feels limiting, does anyone else feel like this?

Borders and categories are necessary for thinking and communicating, and thus for growth. They are, by definition, limits.

However, they are also simply human constructs, and as useful as they are they do not define reality. They are our meager attempts to organize and so understand. Take them with a grain of salt and don't worry about it too much.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature

HAHA everyday :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Does it clearly state that these are the only realms, or leave the possibility of others?

Arav

Jain
Does it clearly state that these are the only realms, or leave the possibility of others?

I guess it leaves possiblities of others existing, but Mahavir is a Kevali, or an omnicient being, he is supposed to know all.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
I see all realms as steps to lead us toward the realm of peace, wich will result in unity as a whole but at our own individual pace and signature. Similair to the effects of gravity on mass in space it would merge toward where it had the most influence. If there is one weight/force that outweighs all others, it would only be a matter of time before everything merged into that collective. Even though this collective would be singular it would still have "individual" parts like on Earth there is a range of habitats on the same mass. Again this collective can change depending on the apposing forces during this merge, wich would translate to us as changing the whole of how things work and are experienced in death. Thats my two cents so far.