• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh's Rant

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Here it is:

America is still not ready to elect a gay guy.

Then they're sitting there and they're looking at Mayor Pete, a 37-year-old gay guy, mayor of South Bend, loves to kiss his husband on the debate stage," Limbaugh said. "And they're saying, 'Okay. How's that going to look, a 37-year-old gay guy kissing his husband on stage next to Mr. Man, Donald Trump? What's gonna happen there?'"

"They gotta be looking at that," Limbaugh added. "They've gotta be saying that despite all the great progress and despite all the great wokeness and despite all the great ground that's been covered, America's still not ready to elect a gay guy kissing his husband on the debate stage president. They have to be saying this, don't they?"
-- Rush Limbaugh rips Buttigieg's campaign, says "America's not ready to elect gay guy kissing husband on debate stage"

Thoughts?
Limbaugh's going to die soon. He's a dinosaur in more ways than one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, maybe in a few thousand more posts, I'll be the guy that changes RF. Speaking for myself (for the present) I'm getting pretty tired "political correctness" in all its guises.

I was recently chided -- right here -- for saying something that was deemed to sexually explicit. But I am one of those people who think that there really are appropriate to times to use even the worst of words -- and at those times, those are the words I would normally choose -- unless there are arbitrary rules against.

I remember a billion years ago reading a book -- I think (poor memory here) it was written by Alan Sherman. Right at the beginning, he wrote the F*** word 100 times in succession -- and ended by saying something like "now you're used to it, so it won't shock you when I use it in context."
The infraction hammer can be very hard to predict.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The strange collective self delusion that Trump is some beautiful he-man rather than a poor-postured obese blob is definitely one of the weirder aspects of the trumpette cult.
You bring up Trump in great intimate detail even
more than his supporters do.
Is love in the air? Well...it is almost springtime.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Dying of cancer is not really a nice thing to look forward to. Thus, I would ask you to put aside the things he has said in the past, and instead concentrate on what can make this bearable for him and his family and friends.
My beloved mother died of pancreatic cancer and I went through it alone with her. So you don't really want to go there with me. Getting a fatal illness doesn't all of a sudden make you a good person. His family can take care of themselves.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The strange collective self delusion that Trump is some beautiful he-man rather than a poor-postured obese blob is definitely one of the weirder aspects of the trumpette cult.
You mean like this?

EKZBVC5XkAAuERh

LOL!

Well, he's hiding the sixpack quite well when he plays golf though:

cW7iV503-ASHpmaRvWsEjeq5-HIwQEP0zj5McK2pQrR_KZiqMhQeflZ9goy50xwF1uaKV6-c-p7v4DJjB5i6HqsaLg32XpQu5YAG02Q4YWoB2Id4Go4

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My beloved mother died of pancreatic cancer and I went through it alone with her. So you don't really want to go there with me. Getting a fatal illness doesn't all of a sudden make you a good person. His family can take care of themselves.
And I didn't say it made him "a good person."

My point is that even though I disliked a lot of what he thought, said and wrote, I do not wish such illnesses on him or on anyone. I am likewise sorry for what you and your mother went through -- and would be whether we were like-minded soulmates, or philosophical combatants.

wellwisher

The left leadership and its propaganda machine, hates Limbaugh because he is always one step ahead and confounds their scams and schemes. One fun thing to listen to on the Limbaugh radio show, is when the left wing media gets it's marching orders and all the left wing news outlets; CNN, MCNBC, ABC, etc., use the same buzz words. Rush Limbaugh will record all the main media personalities, and then play them all saying the same thing as a college. His audience can see this is rigged and choreographed. That is why Rush says he ties half his brain behind his back just to make it fair (to liberals).

For example, does any remember the collusion delusion, when the DNC leadership conned their base into believing there was Russian collusion with Trump? Their base fell for their lies since the DNC was in full media propaganda mode. Limbaugh figures out their scams and informs his audience. Had the left listened to Rush, they would have known how the collusion delusion would end, two years in advance. Before Rush more scams could work.

Limbaugh's analysis of Mayor Pete was accurate. Kissing his husband in public may consolidate his progressive supporters for primaries, but this gesture will not go over as well in the general election. He should learn from the advice. Many people are good with an abstraction of being accepting of gay marriage. However, too much real time visual data can impact their metastable abstraction.

As an example, I can accept the abstraction that one may need to spit if you have a cold. This is logical and can be accepted in theory. However, if someone was coughing up nasty things and spitting where you can see it, your original abstract acceptance will be replaced by a gag reflex. Mayor Pete is better off leaving more to the imagination, where acceptance will be easier in a general election. Rush did pick Mayor Pete last year, when he first appeared in the spotlight, and thought he could do well in the primaries.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
And I didn't say it made him "a good person."

My point is that even though I disliked a lot of what he thought, said and wrote, I do not wish such illnesses on him or on anyone. I am likewise sorry for what you and your mother went through -- and would be whether we were like-minded soulmates, or philosophical combatants.
I didn't wish the illness on him. I was just dispassionately stating a fact. It's like how Alex Trebek is most certainly going to die of pancreatic cancer and I like him.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The left leadership and its propaganda machine, hates Limbaugh because he is always one step ahead and confounds their scams and schemes. One fun thing to listen to on the Limbaugh radio show, is when the left wing media gets it's marching orders and all the left wing news outlets; CNN, MCNBC, ABC, etc., use the same buzz words. Rush Limbaugh will record all the main media personalities, and then play them all saying the same thing as a college. His audience can see this is rigged and choreographed.

Similar to what left wing folks like John Oliver and Seth Meyers do with right wing media.

He is simply the other side of the "propaganda machine."

ecco

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Rush. I think Pete would be a very good President. But I don't think he can get anywhere near a majority of votes.