• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lilith VS Succubus

SoulTYPE

What is the difference between:

succu.PNG

AND...

lilith.PNG

?????????

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
SoulTYPE01 said:
What is the difference ?????????

Not sure about the pics but I can tell you the relationship between Lilith and the succubus.

Lilith is a character from the Jewish midrash tradition. There's a discrepancy between the two creation stories in Genesis - where the first one has God making man and woman at the same time equally, and the second one has God making woman out of man's rib. Because of that, someone explained it by postulating two different "people."

Lilith was Adam's first wife, created at the same time and equal to him. She left him because he always wanted to be on top during sex. She was the first feminist! Adam complained to God and God made a new, more submissive wife for Adam from his rib. And then Eve took the initiative to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Still, not submissive enough, apparently. ;)

According to the midrash, Lilith became a demon after she left Adam. (Patriarchal society demonizing the strong female.) In traditional Jewish folklore, she's a succubus and also responsible for SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).

The name Lilith means 'night' or 'darkness' in Hebrew. More than likely, the Hebrew Lilith came from the Babylonian wind demons, lilitu, who were also succubi.

Lilith is who I'm named after. :)

Ceridwen018

LOL

Whenever I think of 'succubus', I think of the South Park episode when Chef is going to marry a Succubus and he doesn't know it, and the one scene where the boys are talking to Chef's dad and he tells them the story about the Loch Ness Monster. Rather, I think of Mr. Spinkles' impression of Chef's father, and split a seam, lol.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
:biglaugh: I thought of the same thing, Ceridwen. That and I think The Power Puff Girls had their own version as well, Seduca, or something like that.

Now that I have seen some definitions of what a succubus is and does I am worried that SoulType01 thinks I am a soul sucker. hmmmmmmm I will have to have a talk with him about that off the forums. :rolleyes:

SoulTYPE

FyreBrigidIce said:
:biglaugh: I thought of the same thing, Ceridwen. That and I think The Power Puff Girls had their own version as well, Seduca, or something like that.

Now that I have seen some definitions of what a succubus is and does I am worried that SoulType01 thinks I am a soul sucker. hmmmmmmm I will have to have a talk with him about that off the forums. :rolleyes:
Yes to the first, but not to the latter. My soul IS me. I am Soul TYPE 0.1 ready tobe sucked.

Um..that last part wasn't meant to come out like that.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Ceridwen018 said:
LOL

Whenever I think of 'succubus', I think of the South Park episode when Chef is going to marry a Succubus and he doesn't know it, and the one scene where the boys are talking to Chef's dad and he tells them the story about the Loch Ness Monster. Rather, I think of Mr. Spinkles' impression of Chef's father, and split a seam, lol.
and all he wanted....was about 3.50
:biglaugh:

SoulTYPE

Succubus: a demon mistress that has sexual intercourse with men during their slumber..

That explains a certain kind of dream then,m eh?