• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lilith. The Goddess, The Demon, the Wife?

Father

Devourer of Truth
I recall doing some reading on her before. her name is Ancient and many different stories revolve around her, her main one being written a bit after the creation of Christendom if I recall telling a different origin story, of a Wife before Eve.
Epic-of-Gilgamesh.jpg

what are your thoughts on some of these?

for that Alt-Genisis story
"The angels who are in charge of medicine: Snvi, Snsvi, and Smnglof. After God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone' (Gen. 2:18). He then created a woman for Adam, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while am to be in the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air. Adam stood in prayer before his Creator: 'Sovereign of the universe!' he said, 'the woman you gave me has run away.' At once, the Holy One, blessed be He, sent these three angels to bring her back.

"Said the Holy One to Adam, 'If she agrees to come back, fine. If not she must permit one hundred of her children to die every day.' The angels left God and pursued Lilith, whom they overtook in the midst of the sea, in the mighty waters wherein the Egyptians were destined to drown. They told her God's word, but she did not wish to return. The angels said, 'We shall drown you in the sea.'

"'Leave me!' she said. 'I was created only to cause sickness to infants. If the infant is male, I have dominion over him for eight days after his birth, and if female, for twenty days.'

"When the angels heard Lilith's words, they insisted she go back. But she swore to them by the name of the living and eternal God: 'Whenever I see you or your names or your forms in an amulet, I will have no power over that infant.' She also agreed to have one hundred of her children die every day. Accordingly, every day one hundred demons perish, and for the same reason, we write the angels' names on the amulets of young children. When Lilith sees their names, she remembers her oath and the child recovers."

quite odd in comparison to "the Fall" but I recall that the name's of God 72 of them should not be spoken. hints "thou shalt not take the Lords name in vain" but it never states why? would be interesting if the case came from Lilith and the power the Names give.

The origin of her name is a bit hard to pin down.
Lilith’s name comes from the Sumerian word ''lilitu'', which meant a wind spirit or a female demon. Lilith was mentioned in the Tablet XII of the Epic of Gilgamesh, a famous poem of ancient Mesopotamia dated back to not later than c. 2100 BC. The tablet was added to the original text much later, c. 600 BC, in its later Assyrian and Akkadian translations. She appears in a magical story, where she represents the branches of a tree. She is described with other demons, but researchers still argue if she was a demon or a dark goddess. At the same time, she appeared in early Jewish sources, so it is difficult to find out who mentioned her first. However, it is obvious that from the beginning of her existence in the texts she was related to Sumerian witchcraft.

another story of possible Jewish origin is quite interesting. especially from the nature of her stories.
it went as an explanation for what we now call "wet dreams" and explained that Lilith would sneak into the beds of young boys who slept alone.she has many children in the Babylonian Talmud, Lilith was described as a dark spirit with an uncontrollable and dangerous sexuality. She is said to have fertilized herself with male seed to create demons. She is believed to be the mother of hundreds of demons.and in turn the somewhat popular in certain cirlces demons called "Succubi" which are also responsible for dirty dreams and a bit ironic seeing as her fight with Adam revolved around wanting to be on top. now her and her children are "on top" of the sons and children of man for eternity.

What are your thoughts on her? she seems quite similar to the many stories of Satan which the reason for his "many names" being taken from ancient Gods and culture's that the Jew's met and mixed with.

Electra

Have been called by Leviathan & Heru as of late. I feel a connection between the trio - Lilith (Mother), Samauel (Father)& leviathan (child - connector) parallel the energy, Auset (Mother), Osiris (Father), & Heru (child - connector)
I am sure this trio can be found over and over, we like to stick together.

Until we meet,

Father

Devourer of Truth
Have been called by Leviathan & Heru as of late. I feel a connection between the trio - Lilith (Mother), Samauel (Father)& leviathan (child - connector) parallel the energy, Auset (Mother), Osiris (Father), & Heru (child - connector)

Until we meet,
wait samauel? do you mean Samael?

proudpagan

Until we meet,

Leviathan is an allegory for the Jewish version of the kundalini serpent, and not a real Demon.
Although, LaVey did popularize the inverted pentagram, the Baphomet, he made the Jewish mistake of putting the Hebrew letters that spell "Leviathan" around the Baphomet, which, in fact, BIND Satan and exalt his enemies, the Jewish people, along with the Jewish thought-forms of Jehovah-Yahweh and Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to spoil anyone's fun, but this is the reality of it. Reality is not politically correct, nor will it bend and mold to suit one's wishful thinking outside of one's own imagination.

Electra

Leviathan is an allegory for the Jewish version of the kundalini serpent, and not a real Demon.
Although, LaVey did popularize the inverted pentagram, the Baphomet, he made the Jewish mistake of putting the Hebrew letters that spell "Leviathan" around the Baphomet, which, in fact, BIND Satan and exalt his enemies, the Jewish people, along with the Jewish thought-forms of Jehovah-Yahweh and Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to spoil anyone's fun, but this is the reality of it. Reality is not politically correct, nor will it bend and mold to suit one's wishful thinking outside of one's own imagination.

Life is only imagination :p

Well, I am not aloud to go deep at the moment to talk directly to the energies so I am just at surface level, there is most defiantly an energy that is connecting to that term Leviathan and says they want to help myself connect the trio.

I don't care too much for what has been written already when it comes to my own personal reality I feel what is true for myself.

Darin

So interesting fact that Lilith has been well-known as God (Yahweh)'s consort rather than Lucifer's. She even possessed God's true name then dump him much more ****** than Lucy. It reminds us the same story when Isis played "femme fatale" role to cheat Ra out òf his name. After all, she's not exactly bad person thank for fighting for equality as the first humanist. It's ridiculous to thinks about her as JESUS'S BRIDE