• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light from within.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In some religions it is spoken about the light from within.

But does any religion or spiritual scripture speak of that the light from within can be felt?
If you mean felt by the person experiencing that light themselves? Yes. It is experienced as a radiance from within, out to everything from depths beyond imagining, which is then experienced in everything back into oneselves in an exchange of Light, Life, and Love, which are all descriptions of the same thing, and realized as all the same, you, and everything that exists are that Light itself in diverse and unique forms.

Can others feel that from you? If they are receptive, yes, to a degree. If they are trapped inside their own worlds inside their minds and worries, and concerns, no. But that describes all of us when we cannot see that Light which is in all things, and every living being.

Is this described in scriptures? I know other religions speak of it, but what I am most versed in is the Christian language. "Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water". To me, this is a description of actual lived experience, and beautiful describes my own experiences. Other verses, convey this such as 'let your light so shine before men', meaning, that Light is within you. It also says others can see it, as the result is that they see God and are inspired to God by that within you, "so that they may glorify your Father in heaven", is the language it uses. Of course there are other verses, but I like those two from the Christian language particularly.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Auras are there all the time, and we all have the ability to see them. It's just that some of us aren't aware of the ability, or deny it, clouding it.

I can see the clouding and unawareness. Too much emotional and other baggage can prevent one from seeing or even identifying auras. Best to clear the emotional energy (and so forth) away before attempting to experience or see auras. I don't know about denying, though. Maybe ignorant but not denying.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But does any religion or spiritual scripture speak of that the light from within can be felt?

That question evokes my thought that the light is felt as ecstasy. The image of Saint Teresa for Catholics embodies this:

Gian-Lorenzo-Bernini-Cornaro-Chapel-Ecstasy-of-Saint-Teresa-altarpiece-Rome-S.png

chinu

chinu

Stage 1st: it is sound.
Stage 2nd: this sound turns into light when frequency increases.

For example: All bulbs blink when powered by AC current. Light comes and go twice with each cycle of alternating current. It happens so fast that we don't observe in our daily lives.

Frequency is the number of such cycle per second and is measured in hertz. Hence a bulb blinks twice the time of hertz supplied by AC power system. i.e for 50 hz it will blink 100 times per second and for 60 Hz it will blink 120 times per second.

So yes, when this light is in the form of sound — it is felt

And when frequency increases — it is seen :)

Last edited:

Bird123

Don't we all have the ability to touch others just by being who we are? Have not you touched others by shining your light with something as little as a Kind Word?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

It can be seen.

I don't know if it is a General Hindu belief or just a flavor of Hinduism that I was taught.

So they ask you to close your eyes, they lay their hands on you, your eyes and see the "light".

We were asked to meditate on it. Sometimes it is just a few spots, sometimes patterns and shapes. Sometimes you are surrounded by it.

Feelings? Well, it is a very peaceful experience. A feeling of joy/happiness comes over you. Great for stress and dark times.

Divine light is what it was called. What it is, I don't know but the experience is what it is.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you mean felt by the person experiencing that light themselves? Yes. It is experienced as a radiance from within, out to everything from depths beyond imagining, which is then experienced in everything back into oneselves in an exchange of Light, Life, and Love, which are all descriptions of the same thing, and realized as all the same, you, and everything that exists are that Light itself in diverse and unique forms.

Can others feel that from you? If they are receptive, yes, to a degree. If they are trapped inside their own worlds inside their minds and worries, and concerns, no. But that describes all of us when we cannot see that Light which is in all things, and every living being.

Is this described in scriptures? I know other religions speak of it, but what I am most versed in is the Christian language. "Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water". To me, this is a description of actual lived experience, and beautiful describes my own experiences. Other verses, convey this such as 'let your light so shine before men', meaning, that Light is within you. It also says others can see it, as the result is that they see God and are inspired to God by that within you, "so that they may glorify your Father in heaven", is the language it uses. Of course there are other verses, but I like those two from the Christian language particularly.
You are spot on, yes it is felt within the more spirituality arise and the more calm the mind is. I just did not others saw it:)