• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light, Dark, and Feminine Divine

Kapalika

Premium Member
om-and-hrim.png

(Male is Om, upwards triangle. Female is Hrim, downwards triangle. Dot is the self. This symbol is used frequently in hindu tantra.)

Just some thoughts on the topic of...

The greatest of two axes. The expression of the nondual-dual. The living contradiction of male and female, manifested and unmanifested. Formed and unformed. In my Satanic expression, I call this by my own terms "that which extends within and without" as well as "the vessel and mirror". The macrocosm and microcosm, the subjective and objective.

The trinity of 1. Anu (darkness-light) which is the individuated subjective self, 2. Shakti (darkness) which is the objective reality and 3. Shiva (light) which is the Supreme I consciousness... that is the expression in Trika of the relation between all of these things and the spaces in between.

Male is light, male is inert and foundation. Female is expression, change and acts upon, as Darkness, upon the light.

In the 36 Tattva system, Shuddha vidya (pure knowledge) is attained when Darkness and Light are in equilibrium.

But I don't think that the balance of light and darkness is equal light and darkness.

To quote an article on my site:

"...Ashes, Satan, Shiva becomes simultaneously an array of individuated parts as well as a whole through means of emanationism. It’s nature being comparable to Rajas, is also synonymous with Kālī, the fierce form of Shakti, who’s domains is time and change. Rajas is motion, energy and passion. It’s (even traditionally) considered individualizing and so makes the most sense as the center point.

Interestingly, since we can equate Kālī with Rajas and Satan, we can realize that Darkness is dominant over Light, since Darkness is also her domain along with love and death."

In Satanism, I worship Darkness above all. "Satan is the only Truth" is my maxim upon which all others rest.

In Kashmir Shaivism, we worship Shakti as the means to Shiva. We worship Darkness.

One of the original Sanskrit terms for "Left Hand Path" it is "vamachara" but there is a lot of debate if it is "vāmā" or "vāma". The former is "woman" the latter is "left". I think it's both, in a way.

I believe in Darkness. I believe in the Goddess. This is not to say that I worship unconsciousness... I simply worship the unmanifested potential of chaos and darkness itself which in a myriad of ways births it's own emanations of conscious deities, awareness and entities (just as we came into being). It is in many ways alive, but not of a consciousness of which we can formulate with our limited definitions and understandings. Darkness as an entity is Lovecraftian as is some of it's less human intelligence it has birthed from the more primal levels of chaos.

Worship of Death (Om Kreem Kali!) is just a nice bonus. What is life, but supported by death? It's the entropy of Satan. Satan is Kali, and Kali is Darkness. We exist because of the Darkness we are born into.

We may return to Shiva...

...but then we realize that Shiva too, is of Darkness. Hail to Lilith!

(Reaper - The Devil is Female)

Last edited:

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
I'm not an LHPer and disagree with Satanism but I very deeply agree and appreciate what you are saying on a symbolic and archetypal level. The union of opposites, contradiction, cycle of existence from the unmanifested to the eternal, and life/death, and the divine feminine in the universe - resonates with me very strongly.

(and I also have a strong respect and appreciation of Sanatan Dharma)