• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light barrier possibly broken.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It's not an unusual word. And by your logic why not call a sphere a ball?

Don't we often call spheres "balls"?

I've just NEVER heard that term before; I always just call something shaped like a doughnut, well, "doughnut-shaped."

I'm not sure how relevent this is to science vs religion but here goes nothing.

Scientists at CERN recorded neutrinos traveling 60 nanoseconds faster than they should have been.

They were already traveling at the speed of light

They are not making assumptions at this time, they are doing a period of peer review upon which the discovery of the data will be announced to the global scientific community.

This is a major breakthrough in science!! They may be able to move particles faster than the speed of light which will debunk Einstein's theory and conclusion about time travel. Einstein said time travel was impossible because in order to so so, particles needed to move faster than the speed of light to master the fabric of space-time. I just wonder if this discovery will ignite research into time travel or even wormholes...science is amazing.

Photonic

Ad astra!
This is a major breakthrough in science!! They may be able to move particles faster than the speed of light which will debunk Einstein's theory and conclusion about time travel. Einstein said time travel was impossible because in order to so so, particles needed to move faster than the speed of light to master the fabric of space-time. I just wonder if this discovery will ignite research into time travel or even wormholes...science is amazing.

Well, should this be the true conclusion of the experiment, there are actually two probabilities. We could be witnessing the property of non-spatial dimensional movement. The other is that Einstein's Theory of Relativity is only part of the picture.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Well, should this be the true conclusion of the experiment, there are actually two probabilities. We could be witnessing the property of non-spatial dimensional movement. The other is that Einstein's Theory of Relativity is only part of the picture.
...Or, as has been suggested by everyone who knows what they're talking about, there's a systematic error somewhere in the experiment.

crystalonyx

If so, it seems like long distance space travel - even if it's just a message to a distant star - would be possible.

Also time travel.

But I don't think that they did it.

Getting a rocket or anything of substantial mass to travel faster than the speed
of light is vastly different than these magic neutrinos, of which the jury is still out.