• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's Meaning/Purpose?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Hello,

Does life have meaning or a purpose? My opinion is it simply is for no better reason or purpose than to be. When I ask these questions, I like to see what others might think.

pexels-julia-volk-7293097.jpg
Photo by Julia Volk from Pexels

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans said our purpose self presence karmic.

Human parents first. Our form. Our life. Baby to adult.

We know first parents died. We live with our baby to adult parents watch them die. We say karmic. Sex a choice. Baby not given a choice.

All humans advised sex and death our human life. Karmic.

To propose that status upon innocence a baby life. All our own today we ask why.

Reincarnation memories of pre living proved it and told us.

Parents origin an eternal being was forced out of its body for creating God. The loss of the eternal.

We always self preached humans came from a pre owned higher spirit form.

Parent memory.

Life is therefore spiritually karmic so we try to live it to our highest conscious ability to allow for equality. Once the spirit who caused change did not allow for equality.

Why we fought for life equality.

When you do a human assessment the man human memories state he caused God to be created. Why man proves men supported inequality.

As a human realisation.

If you didn't believe you caused gods creation you never would have agreed you did. As a scientist.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hello,

Does life have meaning or a purpose? My opinion is it simply is for no better reason or purpose than to be. When I ask these questions, I like to see what others might think.

View attachment 49429
Photo by Julia Volk from Pexels
I have problems with the meaning of "meaning" and "purpose" in connection with life. A sentence or a word has meaning. "Life" and "meaning" are absolutely alien concepts.
A tool has a purpose. The purpose of a hammer is to drive in nails. A position (filled by a human) can have purpose. The purpose of a cop is to keep order and law.
Life and purpose are absolutely alien concepts.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
To be kind and loving to other people and animals
To serve and worship the one God

Pete in Panama

I have problems with the meaning of "meaning" and "purpose" in connection with life... ...Life and purpose are absolutely alien concepts.
That's fair & on the face of it there really is no sense to it at all. To me however we're getting into a concept of personal satisfaction, that the effort of getting up, going to work, coming home & dying somehow has a significance that makes the effort of getting up and going to work worth the trouble. This question is the common thread that binds all humans together. What I mean is that I've seen it raised by atheists & god-people alike. It transcends both.

As for the question of just what meaning is there we have to go back to the question of personal satisfaction, & there are many who are content to live a life w/ no more significance than that of an ant: born, live, die. My take is that this world has good/bad right/wrong, etc. & I chose to devote myself to some kind of ultimate essence of good/right. That satisfies me.

Does this make any sense to u?

Heyo

Veteran Member
That's fair & on the face of it there really is no sense to it at all. To me however we're getting into a concept of personal satisfaction, that the effort of getting up, going to work, coming home & dying somehow has a significance that makes the effort of getting up and going to work worth the trouble. This question is the common thread that binds all humans together. What I mean is that I've seen it raised by atheists & god-people alike. It transcends both.

As for the question of just what meaning is there we have to go back to the question of personal satisfaction, & there are many who are content to live a life w/ no more significance than that of an ant: born, live, die. My take is that this world has good/bad right/wrong, etc. & I chose to devote myself to some kind of ultimate essence of good/right. That satisfies me.

Does this make any sense to u?
Yes it does. I have always seen it as a question that one has to answer for oneself. What do I want to do with my life? It never occurred to myself to ask what others want me to do with my life or to seek the answer in some cosmic goal.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Whenever someone asks about purpose, I have to ask 'for whom?'. A purpose is always a purpose in someone's mind. It isn't something inherent in the thing itself. So, the purpose of a knife might be to cut a piece of bread, or to spread butter, or to crush garlic. It all depends on the goal of the one using the knife.

So, what is the purpose of my life to me? Among my goals are to love, to learn, to help, to comfort, to explore, to experience, to teach. So those goals become my purpose.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Overall, to live in acceptance of life and death, experience awe, and build a relationship with loved ones.

As for overall cosmic purpose? Life can care less about us. When someone dies, life goes on. It's not dependent on us for it's function.

Pete in Panama

Yes it does. I have always seen it as a question that one has to answer for oneself. What do I want to do with my life? It never occurred to myself to ask what others want me to do with my life or to seek the answer in some cosmic goal.
My personal bet is that there's a lot of depth to your approach that ur not telling me about. I'm imagining that your view to fulfillment goes way beyond merely existing for ur own sake.

Heyo

Veteran Member
My personal bet is that there's a lot of depth to your approach that ur not telling me about. I'm imagining that your view to fulfillment goes way beyond merely existing for ur own sake.
Yes, but the decision to have this views is my own. No cosmic law or transcendental entity made me have them. I take full responsibility.