• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life's Dealbreakers

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
and part of the reason that happens, sometimes, is because of people who believe that everyone should only rely on themselves, and if someone thinks to help the young, old, infirm, whatever, then they deserve to suffer if it doesn't work out completely in their own favor to have helped...Get you own first, and then, in the magnanimity of your success, you MIGHT show pity on others...

Just sayin'...

Funny, considering the OP folks still trying to argue with me on this. :cool:

What I'm saying is I don't go through life expecting someone else to take care of me. Didn't say anything about what other people should do, didn't say anything about others deserving to suffer.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Funny, considering the OP folks still trying to argue with me on this. :cool:

What I'm saying is I don't go through life expecting someone else to take care of me. Didn't say anything about what other people should do, didn't say anything about others deserving to suffer.
just because I was using your post as a platform, does not mean I necessarily was aiming all my comments at you. I have known a number of people who closely match what I described.

What many people don't understand is that it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help, or to need help...and in fact, it's a strength to recognize your own limits and to be able to seek help when you need it.

In an ideal world, there would always be help there for those who need it. I find it unfortunate that there are some who blame people who need help for needing help.

That may not be you, and I'm very glad it's not. But I've known many who blame themselves for needing help, or who blame those in need of help.