• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life without Fascism

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Wanting to be coddled and for an authority to decide for you what you can see, hear, read or listen to is what is not very manly. It's weird that Fascism has such a macho aesthetic but is actually emasculating in some respects.

"Purity" isn't a concept that's part of my worldview. I don't think knowledge of reality corrupts. "Purity of mind" is just glorified naivete, imo.

I have had those sentiments too so can't judge

Anyway, Mussolini had more balls than the vast majority of politicians when he marched on Rome to become the youngest prime minister in the nation's history. He was most likely going to be imprisoned or assassinated for his march on Rome. The prime Minister declared it to be a state of emergency.

there was no reason he should have believed that they were going to hand over the government to him. There was no reason he should have believed that he could dismantle democracy and replace it with his own one party state. It was simply a dangerous and next to impossible task, that only a person that has enormous courage and faith would attempt.

There were multiple failed assassination attempts as well so he knew the risks.

Is that not masculine?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Don't you think his crimes outweigh anything good he supposedly did? Why not idolize someone who hasn't committed crimes against humanity?
Because I think other people would commit crimes against humanity were they in his position, and I see how a person could fall into that error the way communism was spreading then.

Also, my nature is drawn to politics , and a charismatic cult figure who turns a modern 1st world Democracy into a one party state without a coup or civil war, at a relatively young age, is a figure who seems so gifted he'd have to be anointed and destined for the job.

It is the mystery of it that I'm attracted to. I also dreamed of the Roman empire being restored before I knew him , and I shared the same dream.

I also like his headquarters being in Rome and the thought of a twentieth century Cesar.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Er liest aus einem Drehbuch.;)
Yes, but he did know German. I guess he wasn't so fluent when it came to public speeches. It's hard enough to remember a speech in your own language. But he did translate some German books into Italian I read.

Duke_Leto

Because I think other people would commit crimes against humanity were they in his position, and I see how a person could fall into that error the way communism was spreading then.

Also, my nature is drawn to politics , and a charismatic cult figure who turns a modern 1st world Democracy into a one party state without a coup or civil war, at a relatively young age, is a figure who seems so gifted he'd have to be anointed and destined for the job.

It is the mystery of it that I'm attracted to. I also dreamed of the Roman empire being restored before I knew him , and I shared the same dream.

I also like his headquarters being in Rome and the thought of a twentieth century Cesar.

They didn't and they don't. And Mussolini's rule was anything but democratic.

The Roman empire was a brutal monarchy that survived on the blood of thousands to millions of slaves and the wealth of foreign nations. The eastern empire became a theocracy marked by the absolute and often arbitrary rule of the emperor. It finally declined and fell because ambitious aristocrats exhausted the manpower and wealth of the nation in countless revolts and civil wars. It's not a good example of a state to look to.