• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life of a Coulporter

Eyes to See

I found the following video to be humorous and touching. It was made by a group of JWs for a convention of JWs.

It's in the style of the old "silent reels" that used to play. A coulporter was a Bible Student that would carry a phonograph and play records to people that would listen.

Many may not be familiar with this type of work that used to be done or have even heard of it before. If you watch I hope you enjoy like I did:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I found the following video to be humorous and touching. It was made by a group of JWs for a convention of JWs.

It's in the style of the old "silent reels" that used to play. A coulporter was a Bible Student that would carry a phonograph and play records to people that would listen.

Many may not be familiar with this type of work that used to be done or have even heard of it before. If you watch I hope you enjoy like I did:

This term is misspelt. It is "colporteur", from French: Colportage - Wikipedia

A "Coulporter" would be an inhabitant of Coulport, a Scottish village and naval base, where the warheads for the UK nuclear submarines are kept: Coulport (village) - Wikipedia